Toys

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2012, 06:15 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your LO tell you what they want for Christmas?

Do they look through toy ads or point out thing on TV that they want?

November 19th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No - In the grand scheme of things, Maggie doesn't have a lot, but when you ask her what she wants for Christmas she says "umm I don't know".

As a side note this could bite me in the butt one day. I taught her how to wish in a wishing fountain, but I taught her to wish for a million bucks. I'll be so embarrassed if she sees Santa this year and says "I wish for a million bucks".

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 19th, 2012, 07:58 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
We don't really watch commercials or look thru catalogs, so she doesn't really ask for things. Walking thru Wal-Mart is tough these days, though...toys everywhere, and all she can say is "I want THAT one!"
shockandawe likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

November 19th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She doesn't watch too many commercials, but she's seen Toys R' Us' big toy ad and was ogling stuff. She might have said "I want that!" to a thing or two, but that was it, and they were things she already has

November 19th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She'd seen this commercial for "Baby Butterscotch", some toy pony thing, and went nuts for it. We found it in the store to check it out for Christmas. $99 for an ugly little pony! I'm a horrible mom, because I was sort of glad when she was creeped out by seeing it move in person. It was creepy, too. It's jaw flailed around like it was broken or possessed, lol.

She always wants the little kitten or puppy toys that meow or bark and move their heads around. She's been zeroing in on them for months and months of shopping trips, so we will probably get her one for Christmas. She also loves shoes that sparkle, so a new pair of dress shoes may show up. She always wants to wear her sneakers to church or family parties because they are shiny and her dress shoes aren't.

Her stocking is going to be mainly things like socks, tights, a new toothbrush, etc.

November 20th, 2012, 05:58 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anything Dora!!! I asked her the other day and she said baby and dora! lol

She will point at things that she likes when she sees them on TV like wanting that pillow pet that has a night light...lol

November 20th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarrow3 View Post
Anything Dora!!! I asked her the other day and she said baby and dora! lol

She will point at things that she likes when she sees them on TV like wanting that pillow pet that has a night light...lol
Oh, I forgot about those. I almost got her one of those for her birthday. Darn it.

November 25th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
No - In the grand scheme of things, Maggie doesn't have a lot, but when you ask her what she wants for Christmas she says "umm I don't know".

As a side note this could bite me in the butt one day. I taught her how to wish in a wishing fountain, but I taught her to wish for a million bucks. I'll be so embarrassed if she sees Santa this year and says "I wish for a million bucks".
LOL. That one is for the books. You have to have a video camera ready when she sees Santa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
We don't really watch commercials or look thru catalogs, so she doesn't really ask for things. Walking thru Wal-Mart is tough these days, though...toys everywhere, and all she can say is "I want THAT one!"
Same here. She doesn't know what wishing for X-Mas or commercials are yet. We look through magazines and ads together but she is more interested in the children than then toys. I am sure that will change soon.

She does want stuff in stores but she knows it belongs to the store and can't come home with us.
November 28th, 2012, 10:27 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tommy doesn't even get the concept yet. He cries when he goes near Santa, he doesn't understand who he is. I'm not pushing it, maybe next year he will know who he is and enjoy it more. I'll pick out a few toys for him, including his train table we got him.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search