Our visit with Santa

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So my child is all about Christmas. She's stoked for the holidays. Can't leave the tree alone and must watch Christmas movies at least twice each week.

She talks about Santa about as often as she talks about anything else. So Sunday when we went to see him and take our photo, she was ecstatic. We got dressed in our pretty dress and twirled all over the house. We waited patiently in our coat and hat and nice new shoes while we waited for our slow butt daddy to get dressed and come downstairs so we could go already!

We drove half an hour to the mall and walked the whole length of it, and then we stood in line. We inspected Santa's train and the toys inside it while we waited patiently. We turned the corner and OMG there he was. We were thrilled. Giddy. Smiling, laughing, pointing in awe and wonder. We waved and flirted with Santa and then it was our turn.

We approached with sheer joy, walking slowly so as not to trip in our lovely shoes. Mommy put me up on his lap and then...

That's right - nary a smile.
Apparently I'm lucky to be alive, because after mommy and daddy paid their money for the crappy photo package, I wanted to go back.
LOL.

Ahhh the wonder of the season!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL. At least yours sat in Santas lap. Mine was so scared she was stiff as a bored eyeing Santa scared sitting on Daddys lap. Santa can be kind of intimidating.

IMO yours did really well. Cute pic.
November 27th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
haha atleast she sat with santa! last year Ross wouldnt go near the man so our santa picture is just of newborn Will with santa, he was such a lovely man too. Shes adorable even when she looks unimpressed

November 28th, 2012, 07:38 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Blahahahahaha! That is my girl being hot and cold again! hahahaha! Im sorry I know you think it's not funny, but that is so what my kids would do. Kids 9 times out of 10 will do the opposite of what you "think" should be done! This is what makes life so interesting and funny!

November 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
haha...at least Maggie sat on his lap. Tommy would not step foot near him, he is terrified.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
November 29th, 2012, 07:41 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lol. At least she's not screaming. Ellie wigged out last year. We haven't tried yet this year.

November 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
last year Liam cried and of course i still wanted a santa picture so we bought it crying and all
he wouldnt sit on the easter bunny unless i was there, but he smiled for that one
im not holding out much hope this year other than to bribe him to behave with a ride on the carousel that is right behind santa

November 29th, 2012, 02:47 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We didn't even try the Easter bunny this year because of her reaction to Santa. We went to Disneyland in September though and she loved the characters. So I guess we'll see!

November 29th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute pic! We're going to be seeing Santa this weekend and I hold no hope of LO going anywhere near him, but maybe she'll surprise me! I've been trying to sell her onto the whole idea of flying reindeer, HoHoHos and free presents!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search