Movies

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Will your sweetpea sit through a movie?

Luke only has patience to sit through about a 20 minute show and that is if it is one that he likes! If it is something he doesn't care for, he's up and off. And, I know, this isn't a bad thing. I don't want a kids who is glued to the TV, but I am looking forward to the day I can take both boys to the movies!
I remember taking Evan to his first movie (Toy Story 3) when he was 2.5. I know Luke has a while until then, but was just curious how your little ones felt about the theater.

December 2nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Sit through a movie??? Betsy can't sit still for more than a couple of minutes for anything on TV. There's no way she could sit through a movie.
December 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Teresa went with us to the $1 movies over the summer. BUT I brought the high chair seat with tray so she was strapped in. It was a 10 am movie, I'd try to get them to skip breakfast or eat something small so she'd snack while watching which helped keep her from squirming. At home, she'll sit for her favorites shows (Mickey, Little Einsteins, Elf on the Shelf or Charlie Brown), but things that are new to her don't keep her attention very long.
December 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Caleb will sit through the entire Lorax movie, it's his favorite! There hasn't been anything else to hold his attention that long and this is at home we haven't braved a theater yet.

December 2nd, 2012, 10:48 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's no way E would sit through a movie.

Ashley and Brandon where 6 and 5 I believe when we too them to their first movie...Kung Fu Panda. Hubby and I just loved watching them have their first movie experience. That sat on the edge of their seats and staired at the screen while they ever so slowly reached over to grab some popcorn. They where in awww at the size of the screen. It was priceless. So Easton will probably be around that age the first time we take him.

December 3rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Nope, the longest I can get him to sit and watch something is about 15 minutes.

December 3rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Hahahahaha....no. I can barely get him to sit still for more than 5 minute increments of TV or movies. He'll keep coming back, but he won't sit and watch.

Unless it's baseball or hockey. He'll sit on the couch with my dad and watch baseball for an hour or more. Nutso.

December 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Gavin probably could if it was a treehouse friendly show, Diego etc. I am very choosy on what my boys are exposed to. Logan watched a real movie for the first time this summer (he was over 4.5) yrs old) at home for the first and so far the only time.

That all being said Gavin is WAY more into tv than Logan was and if I let him could sit for an hour watching I am sure

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Myles hardly ever sits longer than a few mins at home.

I have no idea why - but I decided to bring him to the show. We went and seen Finding Nemo - 3D. He actually did super good and sat through most of it. We sat in the sort of front row - so there was an isle right below us, (but still a couple row of seats in front). It was quite enough that he could stand up a bit.

I probably wouldn't chance a busy movie.

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

December 4th, 2012, 01:16 PM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Yes, Elaina will sit through a whole movie if it's something she likes (Monsters Inc, Nemo, Despicable Me...etc) but we've tried taking her to the movies to see something different (kid friendly) and she wanted no part of it. She was more interested in running up and down the stairs. We used to take Tanner all the time when he was her age..he was always so well behaved and would sit and be quiet if we told him to be, even if he was bored...well Elaina is sooooo not like that LOL. I'm looking forward to taking her once she learns to stay in her seat and be quiet...we used to go all the time...I miss it.

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

December 5th, 2012, 06:59 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Ummmm - NO!! Heck Emmie won't Emmie won't even sit through a movie

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

December 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
NO! And I really don't think that's a bad thing at all
It will be fun to take him to his first movie though!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search