Teacher Gifts

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Countrymom4
  • 2 Post By ~Kris~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Do yougive your teachers/coachs gift ?
What do you give ?

December 5th, 2012, 07:50 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Yes - I will probably get them a candle or something and some hand sanitizer for their rooms...

would love to hear other ideas... These are their daycare/pre-school teachers

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

December 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
For our preschool teachers, Kensley picked out a bracelet each (2 teachers) at a craft fair ($5 each) and I got a shower bomb for each of them, plus a photo bookmark from an art fair.

We have MOPS, too, and there are like 2-3 teachers per room, so we may just give Christmas cards and the photo bookmark (if I have enough), if anything at all.

I let me gym membership slide for the month (since we'll be gone for 2 weeks anyway) and I'll renew in January when we get back, so I'm not getting gifts for those daycare ladies (even though they are totally good to my kiddos!)

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 5th, 2012, 11:42 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
I got a large Yankee candle for Tanner's teacher and will also make her a big basket of all my chocolate goodies (chocolate dipped pretzel rods, pretzels, oreos, graham crackers, rice krispies and frosted sugar cookies).

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

December 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
For Owen's preschool teacher, I had him hand make a card. Then, I got Lindt chocolate truffles on sale at Target and a 20$ Lakeshore Learning Store gift card she can use towards classroom stuff. For his OT and Speech therapist, I just did the candy and a hand made card. I always do more for the primary teacher and a little something for people he sees less frequently.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

December 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a $25 Starbucks gift card for Nathan's regular teacher, $10 Subway giftcard for his student teacher, $5 Mrs. Field's gift cards for the librarians, gym teachers, music teachers, etc. I think I got $10 for the bus driver. $10 Mrs. Field's for Lukas' speech therapist and then $5 ones for each of the ladies(22 of them!) at the YMCA Kidz Korner. Nathan and I also made ornaments for all of them.

Last year I did cash, so they could spend as they please, but this year I did the gift cards since I earn a small percentage back as tuition credit for his Religious Education program (the gift that gives back )
December 5th, 2012, 07:33 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
I am doing gift cards for Logan's teachers, he has 1 teacher and 4 ECE teachers. Along with the gift cards we will make glass ball ornaments for them (they are nice enough that even though a kid makes them they dont look crappy hanging on someone elses tree

Gavin is giving his teachers gift cards for the ones in his class and chocolates for all the girls in the staff room.

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 5th, 2012, 08:21 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
As a teacher, I get lots of different kinds of gifts, but the best ones are gift cards, especially to coffee houses. Candy is always yummy too. Nice handwritten notes are always appreciated as well.

As a parent, last year I gave Betsy's lead teacher a Starbucks gift card, a iced coffee travel mug, and some instant Starbucks coffee (the girl loves her caffeine!). I gave her drop-off teacher a box of truffles. I also bought a box of candy for the entire staff.

Don't know what I'm doing this year. There's been a lot of scheduling changes and there are different teachers in her room all of the time.
December 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM
The girls will give each of their skate coachs a starbuck gift card (4) then sunday school teachers for everyone is 6 I was thinking of making a carmal cream cheese dip and an apple(off pinterest). then I think that is all for us this year.
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 10:18 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Wow... you all do a lot for a lot of teachers! I hope they appreciate it! DH is a teacher, and he may get a present or two from his prized pupils (he's a HS teacher, though)... I feel badly not getting the MOPS teachers much of anything, but they only see them for 3 hours 2x/month... (talking myself into not over doing it!)

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 6th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
I feel badly not getting the MOPS teachers much of anything, but they only see them for 3 hours 2x/month... (talking myself into not over doing it!)
For that I probably wouldn't do anything either!

I know last year I wondered whether or not to do something for the Y ladies, but most of the them are so great with the kids. 1.5 years ago when we first started going there, they were so patient with Lukas when he didn't understand directions or then when he was trying to tell them something and they eagerly give hugs back to Teresa. I see other kids come in and out and I don't always see the same level of interaction with those kids, but the ones who are there fairly consistently, they really get to know them! My kids are there usually 5+ hours/week.

I forgot Nathan will also give $10/20 gift cards to his 2 Religious Education teachers. I have to go back in my notes and see what I did last year. Even though it only averages out to seeing him an hour/week, because they are volunteers, I give a little more than tothe other special teachers at school that see him the same amount of time.
December 6th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I forgot Rogans Sunday school teacher and Cohens skate teacher I better write this down.

December 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymom4 View Post
I forgot Rogans Sunday school teacher and Cohens skate teacher I better write this down.
I'd be lost without my list! I typed my list of names and ideas for each person then when I got the gift I bolded the text and added in the price, then when I get it wrapped, I changed the color to red so at quick glance I can see what I still need to get/work on wrapping.
mrsdaiwa24 and Countrymom4 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search