2013 by 2013

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Random chat thread! What's up?
December 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I think I finally captured our Christmas card shot last night Hoping to get one of Caleb and Koda (our doggie) together in front of the tree tonight.
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

December 6th, 2012, 08:27 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I have the flu and feel pretty rough, but I'm still at work (thank you Tylenol Cold and Flu!)

December 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Boo for sickness We are sick too. Some kind of cold (sore throat, cough, headache, malaise, etc). It stinks! I pumped some milk and put it in Eli's cup today... maybe that will give him a boost?!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 6th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope all you sickies get well soon

I'm trying to figure out what project I want to do for my arts and craft day. There are a couple of us home schooling moms that get together for lunch and a project.

Last week I went to my first ever YOGA class and I went again last night. I totally luv it. I suck at it, but I know I will get better. Even though I don't look good my body feels great...the next day. lol

December 6th, 2012, 01:02 PM
That sounds exactly like what's going around here, Kelli I'm so sorry you guys have it too! Good call on the pumped milk. Hopefully that helps!! At least if the boys can stay well or get well quick, that's something? But I hope you feel better quick too!

I love yoga, Tiffany! I have been on a break from calsses due to the price and being so busy lately. I really need to get back into it. I can already tell my body is feeling way worse since I've stopped. Once I get back in January, it's on!

December 6th, 2012, 06:36 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I've always wanted to try a yoga class but I can't find one around here that fits my schedule. I need to decompress!

Sorry you ladies are sick! Hope it's a quick bug and you're feeling better soon!!!

Did anybody celebrate St. Nicholas day today?
December 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I liked going to yoga, but I haven't been able to find time lately.

I am exhausted! This morning I took Lukas and Teresa to swimming, then dropped them with my mom at her office (yay for not seeing patients on Thursdays!) so hubby and I could go for part of the home inspection, then met my mom at the Y (she had gone home to get Nathan when he got off the bus), watched Nathan's swim class, then took all 3 kids out to dinner myself because hubby had to teach and our house was getting inspected, then home to get them all in bed. I did manage to get the Christmas cards done, but couldn't find any energy to pack.
December 6th, 2012, 09:08 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
I've always wanted to try yoga too! I think I'd be terrible at it though I should be sleeping since both boys are... but I'm enjoying some kid free time

We are headed to check out Gatlinberg this weekend. It's only 30 min away and I've never been so we are taking a day trip. What's everyone else up to?

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 6th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Rogan is getting dedicated this weekend and the Church Christmas concert.

December 7th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kelli-we went to Gatlingburg back in fall 2007 and it was really pretty. We rented a cabin with some friends. There are some awesome places to go hiking too!

Busy day today-meet with the bank to finish up the mortgage paperwork, then meet with the movers at home, then tonight see my niece for the first time. She was born last Wednesday, but this is the first time my mom and sister were both off work at the same time so that we could go. Between those big things I need to get some packing done, make some phones calls, etc! Whose crazy idea was it to try and move around Christmas?
whitehouse1 likes this.
December 7th, 2012, 08:14 AM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I hope everyone is feeling better! I'm sorry I haven't been around here at all the past couple weeks. I got behind in my speech class and was really struggling to catch up so I was using all of my computer time to do that. I gave my last big speech last night and only have a week left with a few small things to do. After that, I am DONE with classes for my Bachelors. I just need to go take a test to test out of an English class I never took and I will finally be done. It has been a long 7 years! I'm such a dork and am looking forward to having more time available to deep clean the apartment.
December 7th, 2012, 09:57 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell08 View Post
After that, I am DONE with classes for my Bachelors. I just need to go take a test to test out of an English class I never took and I will finally be done. It has been a long 7 years!
Congrats!!!!!

Hope everyone starts feeling better soon We all battled a bad cold last week and are stuck with stuffy/runny noses, yuck!

I got my Christmas cards ordered today from Shutterfly and at checkout the total was supposed to be $65, but with coupons it came to $26 Yay!

Having a lazy morning here watching Grey's Anatomy and having popcorn with Caleb.

Last edited by amonstersmomma; December 7th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
December 7th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome job, Bethany! You should be so proud of yourself! I could not imagine going to college while having 2 kiddos!

WTG Coetta on the deals!!! I love shutterfly.

I am totally slacking and am not going to clean the house this week. Going to focus on getting stuff packed for a bit. Plus it's kind of pointless to clean the kitchen when I want to start working on cookie dough, hopefully this weekend and then get to baking next week.
December 7th, 2012, 10:42 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
What's up? I am large and uncomfortable and I have 2.5 months to go still. I am eating mass quantities of chocolate which is not good on many levels. I hate my Elf on the shelf. He pisses me off. I can't zip my winter coat anymore and it is freezing out. Natalie is cutting 4 molars. Enough said.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

December 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Amy, we celebrated St. Nicholas' Day!! We always did growing up, and so did my mom's family (they are German). I love it! Max got a stocking with Elmo and Count from Sesame Street, some candy, finger puppets, and an ornment in it. He also got a super late birthday present in the mail yesterday from my aunt--Spiderman action figure, Spiderman blanket, and Spiderman football, so he was in HEAVEN. And he got a new pair of shoes yesterday. So he was spoiled, haha. I got Dunley a keychain, cigars, and candy, and he got me a new watch, candy, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarf Little People

Bethany, Congratulations!!!!! That is so exciting....almost done!

Kelli, have fun in Gatlinburg! Let me know what you think, since we'll be there in August.

Kelly, I hope your day gets better
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

December 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Yay, it's Friday!!!!! Looking forward to a weekend of attempting to do some holiday tasks -- wrap some presents, maybe make some ornaments, that kind of stuff.

Oh Kelly, I"m sorry you're having a rough time. I hope the next 2.5 months go by quickly!

Kris, when is your actual move date?
December 8th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our plan is for hte moving truck to get packed up on Jan 8th, sell our house in the morning and buy the house in the afternoon on Jan 9th and then the moving truck will deliver everything on Jan. 10th. The guy said with closing ine afternoon and being in winter (dark early) it would be too late in the day to attempt moving the stuff in on the 9th. So instead we are hoping to go get our drivers licenses changed so that on the 10th I can also swing by the new school to start the registation process so hopefully Nathan can go back to school on the 14th.

The kids and I got to go meet my new niece last night. She is SOOOOOO tiny, 6 lbs, 15 oz at birth, dropped down to 6 lbs, 6 oz. I thought Teresa would be more interested in her than she was, she loves playing with her dolls, but I think the living room of "new" toys caught her attention more.

So late night, got home at midnight and go figure the kids were up by 730! Yet during the week I practically have to set a bomb off to get Nathan up for school at that time!

Hoping the rain stays away so we can get hubby's old car moved to my sister's place today so we can start loading the garage up with boxes!
December 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I hear you about the wake up times -- waking up Betsy on a school day is like trying to get a bear out of hibernation early and yet this morning I heard her at 6:30 utter those sweet but unwanted words "Good morning Mommy". Gotta love it.

I hope everything works out for you with the move. You're so organized and efficient, I'm sure it will!

Finally got my new place settings today!!!!! Originally, as part of my Mother's Day gift I was supposed to get 4 sets but I wanted 8 so I talked DH into giving me the other 4 as part of my Christmas gift. It took forever to decide but I love the design -- think Italian rustic.

Mall was craaaaaaaaazy busy today! Thankfully, I'm almost done shopping! Just a couple of more things to pick up. Oh, and if you have a Carson's/Bergners/or whatever else it's called by you, it's Goodwill Donation weekend -- for every item you bring in, you get a coupon worth up to 25% off a single item in the store. 8 clothing items were brought in for donation this morning and 8 place settings were purchased. Yay!
December 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Share a picture of them, Amy!

I've been busy packing today. Hubby went to help my sister organize her garage so that we could move his old car there for a few months. It'll give us space to store boxes until the move plus if there is a drop of water on the pavement when we move he wouldn't want to move it!!! So this way it has a home until we get settled and spring comes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search