Christmas activities

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are there any special things you do each year?
December 10th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Christmas eve we open a present of ew pjs and a game to play. We also have started adopting a family in our area that we buy a meal and gifts for.

December 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We always go to my parents house Christmas day night and play board games. We've started to have the boys donate some money to Toys for Tots (local Christmas charity). They seem to be so proud to do that!

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

December 11th, 2012, 05:27 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
New PJ's on Christmas Eve and reading Twas the Night Before Christmas

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

December 11th, 2012, 05:36 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
ditto Melanie

and we started a new tradition this year, Logan gets $50 to buy food for the food bank and $25 to buy a toy for the angel tree. We gave toys that I had picked up over the year on super sales but figured it means more for Logan to have to give a toy that he actually wants (makes the point more I think)

We go to the inlaws for dinner a week or two in advance, then do christmas with my family on christmas eve and morning

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 11th, 2012, 06:24 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
We're still in the process of creating our family traditions (especially since I was super sick on Betsy's first Christmas, so we didn't do anything!). I bought a special plate and cup for Santa's cookies and milk. We'll read "Night Before Christmas" (which means I need to find it -- it wasn't in the Christmas boxes!). And every year (all two of them!), I've had her make ornaments for our tree.
December 11th, 2012, 01:52 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We always do a movie and Chinese on Christmas Day I think this year we will bring Eli with us to the theater We'll see how that goes!
We also got him so Christmas PJs.
We make an ornament from the stump of our tree every year.
This year we are also going to the trail of lights at Callaway Gardens (this weekend!!).

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 17th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The kids always pick a child from the tree at church to buy gifts for. We try to find one close in age that is the same gender.

We go to the zoo for the holiday lights and different years we also try to see other light displays. I think this year we found the "keeper" that we could do year after year.

I like to go to the museum to see the Christmas trees from around the world, but the kids usually aren't too interested in that.

The boys help me make cookies. We also go to my Grandma's the Saturday after Thanksgiving to help her decorate 800+ cookies that she then gives out on Christmas.

And Santa comes on the 23rd so we can open gifts on Christmas Eve morning since we leave early (8am) on Christmas Day.
December 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Oh goodness, not really. I mean, I love Christmas, and it's always fun, but over the past few years my family has really been working to find a rhythm for Christmas. With my brother and his wife, me and Max, and now Dunley and Sam, and all the familys and events, we're still working out a balance for how we want to do things. It's been different every year so far. Ideally, I want to be at my house with the kiddos when Santa comes on Christmas morning, but realistically, I'm not sure how that will always work. I do know, though, that soon, I'd like some general regularity so we can start having traditions

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search