Away or home?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you prefer to be away or home or does it not matter on Christmas morning?

Do you prefer spending the holidays with extended family or just your kids?
December 17th, 2012, 07:49 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I've always spent Christmas morning at my parents house, and while I love it, I'm anxious to start spening Christmas morning at home, just my little family.

Other than that, I definitely love seeing family at Christmas, and will always do my best to make a point to see both sides of the family every year
~SavedbyGrace~ likes this.

December 17th, 2012, 07:56 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
I love to be home on christmas morning...I just love that moment of peace and quiet...even as were opening our presents. The christmas music is playing and everyone takes turns opening. It's my favorite time! Of course, it's usually so early that we are all quiet because we're still half asleep.

With my parents gone to Kansas now, we usually have christmas day open and get to spend the entire day home. My dad and step mom come on Christmas eve. And then we have christmas with the inlaws the weekend before. This year, his parents and brother and his kids will be coming for Christmas day. I'm starting to stress a little because I now need to prepare a meal on christmas eve and day. Oh well...it'll be all good.
December 17th, 2012, 08:25 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
We prefer to spend Christmas morning at our home with just us 3 Some years we have not lived near family so it wasnt an option anyway, but when we are near family we see them Christmas afternoon or Christmas Eve.

December 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I seem to be an oddball, but I don't mind not being at home Christmas morning. Maybe it's because as a kid, we normally weren't home on Christmas morning. When we lived in NE and travelled to WI for Christmas, Santa would come a week or so before Christmas so we could travel. Then after we moved to IL, we started opening gifts Christmas Eve morning because we leave around 8 am to go to my Grandma's in WI. As an adult, I have always said that as long as my Grandma continues to host Christmas, we will go. She, and some other elderly relatives won't be around forever. My kids can open gifts anytime! We've opened gifts Christmas Eve morning and it works out well!

She keeps saying that one of these years she is going to give up the cookie decorating and the big Christmas lunch (usually 30-40 people) and even though she'll be 80 in a few months, I can't imagine her giving it up. She's done it for so long! She's an awesome nearly 80 year old though-works 25+ hours a week, runs my cousins to/from activities, goes polka dancing almost every Sunday, and keeps up with their sheep, she said she has a record #, 17, ewes pregnant this year! She's amazing!

Last edited by ~Kris~; December 17th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
December 17th, 2012, 11:12 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
I insist on being at home Christmas morning...just us. The kids get up early, open gifts...then we head to DHs parents house. Sometimes we open gifts from them on Christmas Eve, and sometimes it's on Christmas day after our morning at home. We go see his parents and then head to his Aunts house for dinner and the kids all open gifts from Aunts and Uncles on dh's dad's side of the family. The adults do a white elephant type of exchange. Then we go back to DH's parents house where there are more gifts with DHs mom's side of the family. Then if it's not too late we go to his other Aunts house just for a bite to eat and hello then home late It's a busy day for sure!

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

December 17th, 2012, 11:16 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I wish we could be home, but DH wants to travel during his weeks off to warm places, so the past 3 years we haven't been. no fun for me. I want the Norman Rockwell Christmas at MY house, with everyone coming here!!! I k now this is temporary, as IL's are 72, and who knows how long they'll be able to travel or whatnot. Because of that, I don't mind making the trip down, but at the same time, I wish family were closer to us!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 18th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
we are usually home, Everyone comes to us because we have the cattle to feed and no one else has kids. I much prefer to stay home when the kids were little we always went to IL

December 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I enjoy seeing extended family to celebrate the holidays howe er I insist on being home on Christmas morning. It is only our little family to spend Christmas morning together and to do the Santa thing together. Having this little time to ourselves is very very important to me.

December 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I prefer to be at home on Christmas. For about 5 years we were going four different places on Christmas and it felt very stressful. Last year I decided we would not be doing that anymore and would be staying home from now on. It worked last year but my mom gave me a guilt trip this year so we'll be going to her house. I need to learn to put my foot down.
December 19th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We stay home in the morning, with us my bil from Toronto and my mom and then for super we go to my mom's, we like to keep it low key

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search