Wishing big

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If your hubby offered you a 5 day weekend away from the house and the chores, and the kid - all to yourself, what do you think you'd do? Where would you go?

I've been told to think about where I'd like to go and what I'd want to do for a long weekend of me time, and I'm honestly as perplexed as I could ever imagine being. Absolutely feel lucky and happy and I have the best possible DH ever, but I honest to goodness can't think of anything I'd want to do for that amount of time.

He'd have been better to offer me 3 days alone in my own house!!!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

December 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Celine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so nice. I think I would need some time to plan it though. I would love to get some nice books and read. If I would get a whole 5 days I would go visit my parents (then I can read the books in the plane). Maybe surprise them? And then I could visit some of my friends as well. Now I am thinking 5 days isn't enough time... :/

Is money an issue? Can you splurge a little on yourself?

Do you have friends or family that you like to be around that you could visit? Maybe a road trip to visit them?

I think you shouldn't stay home, because then you feel obligated to clean and do stuff. Best to go away.

Also funny that you post this, my sister-in law just went on a 5 day girls getaway to Cancun. She has a LO as well. I was like "What? No fair."

What a nice DH you have. Very thoughtful. You have to tell us what you decide to do so we can live vicariously through you.
December 19th, 2012, 11:12 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Weekend away to quilt, a cruise, time with friends, time alone with my mom.....

sounds like a wonderful Husband!!!

December 19th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Funny you posted this. I was given this question in a more rhetorical sense- seems my MiL's gym had a couple hubbies given a "wife vacation", which they filled with lots of staying home, sleeping, watching tv, and eating!

Maybe a tropical vacation or cruise? Something to keep you busy, so you won't find yourself fretting about home!

December 20th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL...oh yeah - he's wonderful for sure, but don't think for a minute that it's not going to serve some selfish husband purpose. This followed a discussion where he was talking about trying to fit in his game convention next June/July.

Money is a concern, so I got my back up a bit and said we really couldn't afford him being away, and then it turned into an offer to me to think about what I'd want to do with 5 days away...so that he in turn feels less guilty about making a big stink about taking his. LOL...

I'm still thinking. On one hand, I'd love to whisk off to Austin with my mom and grandma for some girl time and some serious tex mex eating and shopping. Maybe I'll have to be satisfied with a road trip to Buffalo or Pennsylvania!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search