Christmas help

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
In your house, how helpful was SO in doing things like decorating, gift buying, gift wrapping, etc?
December 19th, 2012, 10:32 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Yeah, this is rich!!!

Um. No help. At least not with any decorating or gift management or cookie making or anything like that. He's OK with the holiday, but not with the prep for it! OH, EXCEPT... he does put the toys together

BUT.... he is wonderful with all the chores, chasing kids around and picking up after them, his chores (wood, fixing things...) so, I can't complain because when I'm diverting time for Christmasy things, he's picking up the regular chores.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
He put the tree together and helped with the lights but that is it...

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

December 19th, 2012, 01:56 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Awesome! Sometimes too awesome We both get so excited about buying the kids gifts that they ended up with toooooo much. We'll have to check ourselves next year. But he wrapped more (and better) than I did!

December 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
He does the tree decorating and lights outside and eats the goodies We agreed on Caleb's gifts together but I went out and got them/ordered them and wrapped them. It works for us

December 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He does almost all of the decorating, he's just better at it then me. I do all of the shopping and most of the wrapping. He will help if I ask, but for the most part I do it.

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

December 19th, 2012, 06:02 PM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
I got no help this year...I did all the indoor decorating (3 trees and all theother decorations)... Shopping for all the kids, didn't even get ideas from him. I even bought all the gifts for everyone in his family. All the baking, Christmas pictures, designing and ordering our cards and sending them out...every single bit of the wrapping of about 100 packages GRRRRR so stressful for me when you add all the other stuff on my lap (all the cleaning, shopping, paying bills, cooking, laundry, potty training, homework)... It's gotten so bad for me that I've gotten to where I clench my teeth at night and bite my tongue...hurts so much

He did spend about 1 hour putting lights on the house. Must be nice to on,y have that responsibility :-/

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

Last edited by -Trish-; December 19th, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
December 19th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hubby always helps with the outdoor decorations and he's in charge of fluffing the tree. He helped hand out ornaments to the kids and then I helped out them on the tree.

Other than that, I take care of things(shopping, wrapping, cards, baking, etc), even buying a gift or 2 for me to wrap up. I'm okay with it though, he's especially busy right before Christmas because of teaching 2 nights a week(and the grading work) + normal job. I usually ask him if he has ideas for gifts, but most of the time he leaves it up to me. He's not into decorating and baking and I love doing it, so it's fun for me (most of the time). Plus his MAJOR contribution is making the money so we can do these things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Trish- View Post
every single bit of the wrapping of about 100 packages
December 19th, 2012, 07:34 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
As of right now, the only holiday help he's given is taking care of his parents' gifts. And since he's giving them money (FIL wants a flat screen TV and MIL wants a GPS), that took 2 seconds to complete. I've done everything, just like I've done for the past two Christmases with Betsy. I put up and decorated the tree. I've bought ALL of her gifts and he has no idea what she's getting. When I told him that he'd need to assemble something prior to Christmas morning, I did not get a happy response. And in order to get my Christmas shopping done, I've either done it online, with Betsy in a crowded mall, or have kept her in daycare longer so I could shop without her. "Mrs. Claus" is pretty exhausted and we haven't even started our FIVE Christmas-celebration marathon (which starts on Saturday morning).
December 21st, 2012, 12:23 PM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
We do it all together

I'm sorry to those of you who are alone in all of the work that goes into making the season so fun HUGS!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
December 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
He took the Christmas boxes out of the garage and put the tree up and decorated it with the girls. He also carried big boxes of gifts upstairs and hid them in our closet after I wrapped them. He doesn't help wrap, and I don't want him to! He doesn't help with the shopping, either. He doesn't even know what most of their presents are, so he'll be just as surprised as they will be when they open them!
December 21st, 2012, 02:11 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
50% of everything. We do it all together, decorating, shopping, wrapping, putting toys together, all of it. He LOVES Christmas and wouldn't have it any other way. But we are like that in most things of our life. We do most everything 50/50.
The only thing he doesn't help with is the Christmas cards and that is because I am anal and want to do those alone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search