Behavior!!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 05:36 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
OMG... I am not sure what is going on but holy terror sometimes...

I don't know if it is just that Emmie & Jackson are so night in day or if it is because he is a boy or if there is something else going on but his behavior is unreal...

I would say he will scream, yell, hit, throw tempter tantrums, etc 75% of the time... i don't get it and I don't know what to do about it... i can pop him on the diaper, I can pop him on the leg and it does nothing... i do not want to continue with hitting him constantly but I really am at my witts end with this...

HELP

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

December 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well I can tell you Drake is known for EXTREME. He has been since birth. I started with time outs. I put him in his room and shut the door for 2 minutes and he SCREAMED. Then I would open the door and ask if he was done. Alot of times he would say yes and come out much better. That quit working b/c now he likes time outs and puts himself in there LOL. But if he is screaming and won't stop it still helps and I will leave him in there over the 2 minute rule if need be. I tell him at that point he is in quiet time and he can not come back out till he is calm. Drake really listens though so I think that kind of thing just depends on the kid. I hope you find some relief but just know you are NOT alone LOL.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
December 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Same thing works for us. We put Milan in his room, sometimes in bed and tell him to calm down. If necessary, we will close his door. He mostly knows to stay in his room and come out when he is feeling in control of his emotions. I love this, as he learns to calm down on his own. The longest time it took him to calm down was around 20 minutes, then he came out and said, "daddy Milan is done ''. Hitting is an immediate time out as well.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
December 27th, 2012, 05:37 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
For extremes we put him to bed. Lights out and sound machine on. I wait until he completely stops screaming to let him out. He has to say he's sorry and give a hug and kiss to the abused person.

December 27th, 2012, 06:47 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
We've been using a modified version of 1-2-3 Magic. When I get to "3", I ask her one last time if she's going to whatever the task is and if she doesn't do it, she goes to time out. For her, time out is being strapped into her booster chair in the middle of the kitchen facing the opposite wall -- she can't see us even though we're in the same area. I set the timer for two minutes and when it rings, she's usually much calmer. Hitting, spitting, and trying to run out of the front door are immediate time-outs.

Good luck! These are some challenging times!
December 28th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol Amy, we were trying the 123 thing but Drake thought it was just an opportunity to count!

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
December 28th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
Hitting, spitting, and trying to run out of the front door are immediate time-outs.
Can I just say I absolutely LOLed at the spitting part? I just can not imagine sweet Betsy spitting?

Overall Teresa is pretty calm, in terms of tantrums and such, she does get rowdy with the boys though!

I've never done a time out in a room/bed with kids (until Nathan recently) because I don't want to build a negative association with going to bed/going to sleep. For the occasional time outs we use the bottom step or sitting by the front door, which is in our living room/play area.
December 28th, 2012, 11:12 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Oh yes Kris, the sweet little girl has discovered spitting. "I spitting Mama!" So proud.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search