2014 by 2014

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2013, 04:54 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Bethany I hope the sickness gets out of your house soon

Kelli, good luck at your ped meeting! we have a family dr that I can't wait to get rid of,

Kris, I have no idea how you have not lost your mind about the house yet, I hope it all is done soon

Coetta, I hope the cyst doesnt grow!

Amy, boo to paying taxes

AMy good luck on your search, good choice to not compromise

Thanks for all the thoughts, honestly we are good right now, after the next one I am nervous but til then we are good Tired but ok

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
February 13th, 2013, 05:31 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Amy, I want to see a pic of your ring!! I've been wanting a Sapphire ring!

Amy, I would be shocked if we ever owed on taxes too! We've gotten such huge refunds since we've been married, it's kinda nice having the built in savings! We are going to be able to pay off our car!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
February 14th, 2013, 08:34 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Amy, I want a picture, too!

Kelli, it's baffling I've always liked getting a nice refund back (and I've always recevied a pretty nice return). I can't figure out what happened this year at all, since I didn't do anything different. I'm going to look at it more seriously next month when I have some time and see if I can't at least break even.

How did the Pedi visit go? Did you like the new doctor?

February 14th, 2013, 04:33 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Here you go!
"][/URL]

Quiet Valentine's Day over here. The kids at school were pretty low-key about it, so I didn't have to deal with Valentines all day. Just hanging out with my little girl on the couch for some well-deserved "computer time".
AtomicMama and whitehouse1 like this.
February 14th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not sure why, but tonight while driving home with the kids, all of a sudden my vision went wacky. It was as if I was looking thru a camera, zooming in and out. FREAKED ME OUT, especially since I had all the kids me. Luckily I was okay enough to slow down and turn my hazard lights on (I was in the left hand line so I couldn't pull over) and it stopped after probably 10-15 seconds, but of course it felt much longer than that. Thankfully we were only 3-4 minutes from home. Got everyone in the house and sat down, but then felt very nauseous. The only way to describe it was like I felt drunk-my head was spinning and I felt like I wanted to throw up. Nathan was SO good and watched the other 2 while they all watched tv and I went and laid down until hubby got home about 15 minutes later. I stayed in bed for about an hour and then got up to eat more-I had eaten a granola bar when I first got home. Hubby was awesome and fed the kids dinner for me. Such a romantic VDay, huh? Feeling better now, but I think I am going to bed soon.

Our buyers got their clear to close today, so we are trying to set up the closing for Tuesday. If it is, tomorrow is Nathan's last day at school and I'll need to go in and figure out what I need to get from his current school to transfer him. I haven't notified school yet since I didn't want to say anything until things were pretty final. No sense in telling them the "last day" if it ended up not the last day, you know???

Pretty ring, Amy!

Other Amy was 2012 the first year you worked the whole year at your job? That could be the difference-you made more money than you've ever made before! I know when hubby started making close to what he is now and we bumped up a tax bracket, it was almost like he didn't get the raise because we had to pay so much more in taxes! And that's another reason why I didn't want to watch kids anymore.....because we'd just pay so much of it in taxes that I was making pennies it seemed!
February 15th, 2013, 06:13 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
LOVED the pediatrician. It's a small practice: one Dr., two NPs, two nurses
She's been a ped for 19 yrs and has owned her practice for 10 (it's right on the lake... parking lot on one side of building drop off to lake on other!). Open 6 days a week... after hours calls reroute to their cells! She believes her job is to teach and counsel while parents make the best decisions for their kids. As she was leaving Eli said, "Bye now! Can I have a kiss?" LOL

Amy, now I'm remembering I've seen your ring before! Lovely!

Kris, so odd about your vision!! I wonder if you were dehydrated or low blood sugar maybe? FX you close Tuesday!
AtomicMama likes this.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
February 15th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like an awesome dr for you, Kelli! Liking the dr makes life so much easier! There's 1 NP at our office that I didn't like at first (like your old dr, she has no kids, fresh out of school, etc) and thought she could just bulldoze us with what we should do (she didn't agree with us delaying vaxes). But there are a handful of other drs, NPs we could see so I just went to them instead and actually now she's okay But I do love our drs office and I was glad that moving where we are going to means we don't have to change! The other area we were thinking about definitely would have needed a change because we would have been an hour+ away.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
whitehouse1 likes this.
February 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Amy, I love your ring!

Kris, that's so scary!! I'm glad it worked out okay. Hope you're feeling better today.

Kelli, I'm so happy you liked the Pedi She sounds perfect!!

I am still fighting this horrible cold. I'm not sure if it isn't worth going back to the doctor for it? It's been over a week now, and it just keeps getting worse.

February 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Yeay for finding an awesome pedi Kelli!

Really hope you get to close on Tuesday Kris. Then we'll be needing pictures

We're having a last minute sleepover at DH's dad and step mom's house. DH's great grandma is moving close by them but her stuff wont be in her new house until tomorrow morning. Since FIL and step MIL work all day they needed someone to sit with her and we figured it would be easiest to just stay the night. We got all our bags packed for two nights in under 30 minutes, we're getting good at this

February 15th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks ladies! Did I ever tell you that one of the reasons why I was hoping and hoping and hoping that Betsy would hold on and make it to a September birthday was because I wanted her to have a sapphire??? (Her due date was the 15th so it was possible for her to be born full term and at the end of August).

Kris, I was thinking the same thing about low blood sugar. Has it happened again?

Looking forward to my three day weekend!!! We get Monday off for President's day so my friend and I are making our quarterly trip out to the outlet malls to catch the sales. Not only do I need to get Betsy some spring clothes, but she's almost outgrown her long sleeve 2t tops and 2t pants and I don't think she's going to make it until May with them. I couldn't even get some of her undershirts over her head! Poor little girl -- it's not her fault she inherited her mommy's big head.
February 16th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Giving up nap time "mommy rest time" to clean. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me.....

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; February 16th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.
February 17th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We somedays can get away with no nap, but we usually pay for it. Hope it works for Betsy !

Kind of a crazy post but some people we know have been having a tough time. It started when I was preggo with Rogan thier son died of alcoholism (his body shut down), Then the daughters boyfriend hung himself, then the father died of cancer and now the daughter commited suicied So now there is a mother and the youngest son left. Drugs and alcohol are a big problem for this family. The youngest just had a baby very premature. Keep them in your prayers please.

Thank You tasha_mae

February 17th, 2013, 09:24 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Oh, Chrystal... That sounds awful. Poor family. So sad

That story makes my complaint seem so petty! Maybe that's why I was urged (by some little voice) to read this thread, as it's been a while since I've popped into this topic.

But... I'm here... so, my complaint is that I am EXHAUSTED. TIRED.
And I noted that today, and DH just laid into me that I'm ALWAYS exhausted. REALLY? It's because I haven't had a good night sleep in 10 months! Good God. And he moaned because I didn't make him lunch today. REALLY? I never make lunch and I made breakfast, for God Sake.

And then the house is a disaster. So much so that I don't even want to open my eyes. I just want to sit here and pretend that the house is perfect.

Did I mention that I'm exhausted? I can not wait until Kerris sleeps through the night. This is killing me. I even had that dark idea of giving her a drink of sleepy time tea or something. I just need her to sleep a couple of nights so that she knows (and I know) she can do it. maybe I'll stuff her full of some sort of babyfood turkey tomorrow night. AAAK

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 18th, 2013, 04:29 AM
(((Gwynne))) I'm sorry you're so tired and I'm sorry that your DH doesn't seem to "get it". My husband likes to make fun of me on Friday nights because I like to go to bed early -- after teaching, commuting, and taking care of his daughter all week (with minimal assistance from him), I'm exhausted! I hope you can get some sleep soon.

And Chrystal, I'm keeping that family in my thoughts. It's so sad and heartbreaking.

I've got the day off because it's Presidents' Day. So in honor of the presidents, I plan on spending some presidents at the outlet mall. My girlfriends and I go once a season to get the sales and stock up on kiddo clothes. Betsy has almost out grown all of her 2T clothes and is in desperate need of some shirts and pants. Holy macaroni -- how is she getting so big so fast?????
February 18th, 2013, 05:16 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
I'm back! It seems like I have been gone forever (2.5 weeks) and have missed a lot. Fill me in!

Our trip was awesome. I am already having Disney withdrawls. We spent 10 days at WDW and 5 days with my parents. They have a trailer in a retirement park about an hour away from Orlando. We did some shopping with them and went boating to see some alligators but mostly just took it easy and visited. I will try and post some pics soon.

February 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
That is so sad Chrystal will keep them in my thoughts.

Gwynne I hope you and Kerris get a full night sleep very soon!!

I can't wait to see pictures from your trip Jen

Took Caleb to the pedi today for one of his vaccines and the kid finally broke 30lbs He was actually 31.4lbs. He's always so awesome with his shots, he NEVER cries! I think he was a baby baby last time he cried over getting shots. Makes it much easier on me

Oh and I'm 12 weeks preggo today almost out of the first trimester already And last night I was finally able to find the heart beat with my doppler. This baby is SO squirmy! I found the heart beat with Caleb at 9wks 4 days and today was the first time I've been able to find it with this LO. Even the OB had trouble at my 11wk appt.

February 18th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Oh Gwynne the lack of sleep is what is stopping us from having more babys, I just can't do it. Pray for sleep for you and Kerris !

Thank You tasha_mae

February 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is so sad, Chrystal.

Hope you get some sleep soon, Gwynne! Honestly, I have NO CLUE how you keep up with 3 kiddos, work, and all the other mom/wife duties!

Glad you had a great trip, Jen!
February 18th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you get some good deals, Amy?

That's awesome that Caleb is so good for shots! My kids are mostly good too, sometimes they've cried, but they stop within a minute or so. They've even said Thank you after the shot

I am still having some dizzy spells. I have no idea what's causing it. I'm eating normally and have been trying to drink more water too. I'm wondering if my BP is higher than normal becasue of stress. I think I might take our our BP monitor to check it tonight.....not sure which of the 5 boxes of bathroom stuff it's in though.

I really hope it stops raining because I need to go get MORE boxes, yet again! Plus I need tape too. We've gone thru like 7 of the huge rolls of tape already! ACK!

We FINALLY got the last of the paperwork from the homeowner's association today, shortly before 5pm, so we better get closing scheduled tomorrow! Our buyer's lawyer JUST requested this extra paperwork last week, so it took some time to do the request/have the association send the info. Hoping to either close Wed, keep possession until Thursday (because we're getting movers so we need to get them here) or else get the movers here Wed and then close Thursday.
February 19th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Man, Kris, this is such a pain for you, I'm sorry!! I can't wait until it's over and you are settled in your awesome new house

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search