2014 by 2014

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 07:53 AM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Coetta, YAY for being out of the first tri!

Jen, we want Disney pics!

Kris, I am SO hoping you close tomorrow!

We are moving in this weekend! So these past two weekends we have been painting every surface of the house and cleaning. I only have ONE more room to paint (the kitchen) and I have to touch up the stairs! Then we can start moving small stuff over before the movers come on Saturday! It is still surreal that we are moving into a house! It's been a long time coming after 4 years in the dorms and 3 years of apartments! I am so excited!
AtomicMama likes this.

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
February 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I checked my BP last night and it's definitely above normal, 135-143/90-93. Makes sense that I feel throbbing in my head! Funny thing was, hubby checked his and his was 157/100. His mom and older sister have BP issues and his has been questionable at times (which is why we have the monitor in the first place). So I felt like a baby for complaining when his is higher!

Got most of our food packed up last night, then ran out of tape. Went for a late night (midnight!) run for more boxes and tape. Getting more packed/cleaned today. Anxiously waiting to hear something from the lawyer's office!
February 19th, 2013, 05:55 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Yep, got some good deals at the outlet mall. Betsy is almost ready for spring/summer!

I hope you're feeling better Kris! And hooray Coetta -- second trimester!!!!!!

Kelli, looks like you made some awesome progress on the new house. Pics please!

Glad you had a fun time on your trip Jen!

Hoping Betsy falls asleep quickly tonight. The horrible wind kept me up last night and I couldn't sleep. I'm exhausted!
February 19th, 2013, 07:27 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Any news on a closing date yet Kris??

Kelli, so exciting moving into a house! Definitely share some pictures once you're all settled

Hope you and Betsy get some sleep tonight Amy

DH and I have been contemplating the idea of buying a home. We've never been able to consider it before with the Army always moving us, but now..... DH wants to stay here until he finishes his degree and probably build his resume a little more afterwards. So we could be here a while and it just sucks spending a little over $1000/month on a place we don't even own. We don't know anything at all about buying a house. We qualify for a VA loan so maybe we can do that? It's all just an idea right now, but hopefully one we can look into more and make a decision to rent or to buy by Aug!

February 20th, 2013, 08:06 AM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
^ THat's what I've hated about apartments Coetta! About $1000 spent every month into a place we don't own and aren't invested in. It stinks!! I hope you guys can go the house route soon!

I will definitely take pics once it's all cleaned up! I finished painting the last room, the kitchen, last night! Now I just need to touch up some trim and the real top to bottom cleaning can happen!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
February 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Buying sounds like such a good idea, Coetta But I'm with you. We know NOTHING about it.

We are expecting a big storm tonight/tomorrow. Both kids schools/daycare may be closed I need to go talk to my boss about working from home. I'm stressing, too, because I'm worried even if it's bad and we are all home, DH will try to make the drive into work anyway.

February 20th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Hope you and your DH can both stay home out of the storm Amy! We had a storm warning but no storm reached us yet.

I think we may have to continue renting Im already stressed out just looking into the VA loans It might be better to rent a house in Aug and then give us a year to save and educate ourselves more on buying. Probably not the smartest idea to buy when we may have just had a baby or be expecting one in second by then! It was a fun idea for a few minutes though

February 20th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Good luck Amy! I hope it's all a bunch of weather hype and you don't get anything too bad. According to the weather channel, we're on "alert" over here -- they're saying 3 - 5 inches on Thursday night/Friday morning. I'll make sub plans just in case the roads are too bad (remember, on a GOOD day it can take me almost an hour to get to work, so when if really bad snow is coming, I have to plan for an unofficial snow day.)
February 21st, 2013, 11:20 AM
Getting a good amount of snow with this storm

February 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
We have probably about a 8 inches of snow we are are ... we had more but we had rain the other day

Kelly and Kris, I remember all the excitement and exhaustion of the big moving day (and the weeks before and after), hope you are both fairing ok

Coetta, hope you are feeling ok ... wow 2 tri already!!!

Amy and Amy how are you fairing in the snow?

Jen, welcome back!!!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
February 21st, 2013, 07:15 PM
They are still sticking with the prediction of 3-6 inches overnight. I left my emergency plans at work in case I can't get there. I'm also planning on leaving early for work in case the roads are drivable but traffic is a mess. And now that I've made all of these plans, there won't be any snow up here.

Coetta, stay warm and toasty! Has Amy checked in with anyone?
February 22nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not too much snow here, probably 3-4 inches. We're at my mom's house, WAITING yet again. This time we are waiting to know how fat of a check we need to bring to closing. The title company that we are doing our buying at (which is different from the one we are doing our selling at) has to give the numbers to our lawyer's office. ACK! We are doing our walk-thru in 1.5 hours, then right to selling closing, then right to buying closing, so we need to know NOW!!!! I've already emailed the lawyers office, hoping to hear something quickly, because it will take a bit to go to the bank and get the cashier's check. Thankfully there's a branch of our crediut union about 10 minutes from my mom's house.

Coetta-the first time buying isn't too bad.....it gets complicated when you have to sell and buy! I would hate to dump $1K into rent each month. Back when we rented our 2 bedroom/1 bath, it was only $575.....but that was 12 years ago! I bet if you look around, you could rent a house for cheaper. Then figure out how much you think you can spend on a house, but rent for a year and put the difference into savings (so you know for sure you have the extra money each month). Then you'll have money set aside for all the "little" things that really add up!!!

Good luck with your move tomorrow, Kelli!

Hope you and Rob are doing okay, Callie. I think I've missed some of your updates.
February 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
KRIS and KELLI... today is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So excited for both of you

Kris, there hasn't been too much to update right now.

This was a FB update
Ok people asked for an update, finally sitting down to write it

Spoke with the surgeon this morning.....
They filled Rob's eye with some "oily" stuff so the shape and size is back to normal and the pressure is right again.

... The retina is wavey at the back of his eye. This will distort his vision, they are hoping that the retina will stretch and flatten out on its own. There is nothing (at le...ast from what I understand) to help this process along. It is a wait and see game, hopefully his eye cooperates.

The other issue with his vision is that there probably will be a scar across the cornea, from the stiches he still has on his eye ball. If his retina does flatten and the cornea is the only issue then a cornea transplat can be done.

and a short one that I told a friend
Rob is doing good right now, he has a constant headache and his eye is irritated (the right one, he has no sight in that eye). We go back to london again for another surgery on Tuesday. It is the big one, it will be using metal to recreate the eye ball socket, fixing the sinuses and some how the broken bones that are repairable. We are both a little nervous but we will get through it. Hopefully it will be done in 4.5 hours

**they will cut him from ear to ear and pull his face down fix what they can and then put his face back on

I now know that it will be about 7 hours from the time I say goodbye to when I get to see him again. It will be a long day

Rob says go to the mall... i think I would feel weird doing that

I just hope I dont faint again.. that was embarassing... esp when Rob told me my eyes rolled back and I was out for over 5 mins

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
February 23rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
Oh my gosh Callie, don't be embarrassed! People faint all of the time. I passed out in the animal recovery room of a vet's office and my close friend fainted in the middle of teaching a math lesson -- the kids scattered down the hallway looking for an adult to help them! I hope the surgeries are successful -- keeping my fingers crossed!

How's the move coming along Kris????

Our bathroom renovation was supposed to start tomorrow but now our contractor can't start until Thursday. Let's just get this thing going!!!!! So frustrating!
February 24th, 2013, 05:57 PM
DH and I got into a little argument in Home Depot this morning as we were shopping for the bathroom supplies. Apparently, there was some miscommunication and confusion over the paint color. He got mad because he thought I'd have done more research into what I wanted in the bathroom. I was working off of incorrect information and had thought we were going in a different way. I *think* I'm getting my way and having an all white bathroom (well, white tile, trim and walls -- I'll add color with curtains, rugs, and towels). Yay!!!!!
February 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM
thanks Amy!

I am glad that it looks like you will get the bathroom the way you want!!!!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
February 25th, 2013, 06:56 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Hope the moving is going great, Kris and Kelli!

Amy, we need bathroom pictures when it's done That sounds pretty!

We got SLAMMED with snow. 16 inches on Wednesday night into Thursday, another 3 inches on Thursday night. I was home with the kids Thursday and Friday, D worked all day Saturday, so I took the kids into the city while he was working and ran errands. It was a long weekend!! And we are expecting another 6-12 inches tonight and tomorrow. I'm just really hoping that Max's daycare doesn't close, though I expect it will. I really can't take any more time off.

February 25th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I hope your move is going smoothly Kris & Kelli!

We do need some pics when the renovation is all done

I hope the snow isn't too bad for you Amy and Max's daycare stays open.

Not much going on here, but I am celebrating 13 wks and being in the 2nd trimester today

February 25th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Yay for the second trimester Coetta!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy cow Amy -- you guys are just getting slammed with snow! We got around 3 inches last week and now they're saying another 3 - 6 tomorrow. I'll be able to get to work easily, but the drive home has the potential to be bad. So ready for spring!
February 26th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Howdy!

Just popping in here between phone calls.....phone, cable, etc! We've already spent a small fortune on stuff (lights, outlet covers, etc!). But I've been entering receipts everynight so I know how much money we have left to play with. Painter came and gave us an estimate this afternoon. He was right on track with what I estimated based on the work he did for us last time. He thinks it will take him 2 weeks to get it all done!!! But, that's not too bad, since it will let me get things completely organized and have hubby change the lights, room by room, as he finishes, rather than having it all done within a few days and feeling stressed/antsy because *I* want it ALL done, you know?

I really hope we don't get much snow since we have no way to clear out the driveway. It's gravel, so our snowblower won't be a good option, not to mention with the tiny one it would take a LONG time! Lawn tractor/plow is on our list to get within the next couple of weeks, depending on when the best sale is 9my mom works at Sears part time and has been watching the price/talking to the lawn guys).

Can't wait to see bathroom pics, Amy! Our bathrooms are last on the list, mostly because the paint in here is HORRIFIC!

Stay safe with all the snow, Amy!

for 2nd tri Coetta!

Hang in there, Callie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search