2014 by 2014

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 05:57 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Long day. Long commute. Spent the whole morning agonizing over whether I should leave work early. Spent the entire drive home nervous about the cars that kept whizzing past me even though the conditions weren't the best. Spent all night taking care of the wee one. I'm spent.

Kris, can't wait to see pics of the house now that you're moved in!!!!!
February 28th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You know, I REALLY didn't need to get used to driving on country roads in wintery conditions so soon after moving! Slow and steady, I guess!

I hope I hear from the school what time the bus will come for Nathan on Monday! He'll have missed 5 days by the time he gets into the new school. At least I don't have to worry about him getting behind!
February 28th, 2013, 05:48 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I hope Nathan's start at the new school goes seamlessly I can't wait for pictures either, Kris!

February 28th, 2013, 04:45 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Hope Nathan's first day is great!

you guys all have so much snow. that is just crazy!

So happy to be home!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
March 1st, 2013, 06:31 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I've been MIA from visiting here for a couple days, sorry!
Can't wait to see pictures of your new home Kris

Not really much of anything new here. We got paid yesterday so I gotta get to paying bills and figuring out our budget this month. We're driving to NC the last week of the month to visit my dad so gotta make sure we don't go broke before then

March 3rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
Kris, hope Nathan's fist day goes well tomorrow!

Coetta, how is Caleb in the car on the long trips?

Celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary yesterday. We actually went out to dinner without the wee one. Spent most of the weekend running all over the place because of the bathroom reno -- I've hardly been home during daylight hours (we wanted to keep Betsy out and away from the noise as much as possible). I also spent most of the weekend with one of those insanely painful headaches that I get, so that made everything less fun.

But o.m.g. ........... finally got caught up on the first three episodes of the new season of Walking Dead. Best show ever!!!!!!!!!!!
March 3rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am hoping the first day goes well too! The bus is supposed to come at 7:35 EEEK! That's 30 minutes earlier than he used to get on the bus. That's means I gotta get up earlier too! Guess I need to go to bed earlier now.

How long will the drive be Coetta? I know you said you are going to see your dad, but then that got me thinking....how are things going for your mom/step dad?

Hope the bathroom reno is going well, Amy!

I think we've gone to Menards or Home Depot almost every day since we moved. I posted some new pics on FB....nothing too spectacular, just closets. The real changes will come when the painter starts next week! I need to get the colors picked this week! We got our living room furniture, new bedroom set, entryway bench (that matches our table/chairs set so when we use the extensions we can use the bench for extra seating), and barstools ordered over the weekend too. I think I am making up for all the years I was the one careful to not spend money. I think hubby is getting a little worried!
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Amy I've tried watching that show but could not get into it! Does it really get that good? I don't know if I can get past the nasty

Kris I don't think I have you on FB so I'll have to add you

The trip says 14hrs but im thinking it could be anywhere from 15-18. We like to take our time and my dad has some sort of business membership with Hilton so he can put us up in a hotel overnight for free! Caleb does great with long trips. I think that 11 day trip from AK when he was 7wks old made him a great roadtripper for life

Kris my mom and her husband are still in a rocky place. They've been trying counseling but it isnt getting anywhere. I think she's nearing the end of her patience with him. She said his attitude and demeanour hasn't really changed since we left. The only difference is now he doesnt have us as an excuse! Im really worried about what will happen this fall. My brother is getting discharged from the Army in Nov and him and his wife are going to stay with my mom and Bob. That should be interesting.

March 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I can't wait to see the finishing results, Kris! You need before and after pics I would be the same way, too... when we buy a house, we've got so much in new furniture and what not we want to buy. We just keep saving $$$. My thought is that these kids are destroying this house (well. you know.) that maybe it's better we aren't moving yet. Although, I obsess EVERY FREAKING DAY over where I want to be!

Safe travels, Coetta!!! I hope your mom makes the best decision for HER and knows you all will support her. She deserves a good guy!

I have to admit, I'm watching our CO politics closely now. We don't want the gun stuff to pass, and that means at least one more democrat has to step up and listen to the constituents who are against any of the bans. Of course, you get to Boulder and Denver proper (and some of the suburbs), and it's all pro-ban, and then just about everywhere else, they are against it, but all our little places are less populated than there, so we have less voice. Sorry to burden you all, but it's driving me nuts. DH was even thinking of moving if this passes (we won't), but that's how pathetic it's getting here.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 4th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Trying to catch up, We were away for skating competions. Love the new siggy Gwynne

March 4th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Sneaking in on here, feel like I don;t get to this post often enough

Coetta, I can't imagine taking the boys on that long of a drive, I know we did as kids but the longest we have ever gone is 4 hours.

Amy and Kris, I am jealous of your motivation to get stuff done on the house. I have lost pretty much all motivation but would like things done

Gwynne... I want a new table so bad but I can't bring myself to getting it as I dont want my kids to destroy it (not on purpose but just with colouring forks etc)

Kris, I felt like I was spending $$$ left right and center when we got the new house. I am scared when it come to the summer and we put up a fence and a patio

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
March 5th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Trust me Coetta -- I'm not into horror shows or anything scary. But this show is so good! Yes, there are zombies but it's really about the people that are left behind when this plague hits -- how civilization has come to a crashing halt -- and what people are really willing to do to survive.

Reno is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will post some pics as soon as I finish decorating and cleaning it. I think it looks soooooo different!

Snow is really bad out here. I got permission to leave school early to get home. Our district stayed open today but DH's was closed. The kids weren't too bummed -- we just reminded them that every day you get off now because of snow is just one more day they tack on to the end of the year.

Anyone else have a snow day?
March 5th, 2013, 04:00 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I think we have 5 snow days built into the calendar. Some years, we use them all, others, we don't. It has to snow around a foot or more for us to get a snow day. Our transportation and snow clearing system freaking rocks! I think we had 1 snow day this year and 2 late starts.

OK... where's my freaking house? Sigh.

I want pics of that bathroom reno, Amy!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I think I will give it another try then soon Amy Right now I'm watching Supernatural on Netflix so maybe by the time I'm done with that they'll be another season of Walking Dead on Netflix too.

DH has another colonoscopy tomorrow morning. The VA really sucks at these. They have "tried" and failed at at least 3 of them before tomorrow's. I don't even know how that's possible! I keep telling DH to just get a regular doctor out of the VA and closer to home, but he's too stubborn. Gotta go pack some lunches and movies for me and Caleb to have for tomorrow, it gets so boring in that hospital.

March 5th, 2013, 05:35 PM
When we get a snow day it is just a free day

Coetta, may the power be with you, I could not imagine having to sit and wait with Gavin for too long. I hope they get the test done and the results are good

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
March 5th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Hope he's able to get the test done tomorrow Coetta! And keeping my fingers crossed that everything is alright!

Waiting on new bathroom pics. I don't have everything yet -- waiting to buy the new towels and a couple more things. I won't be 100% happy with it until it's DONE. Now that the walls are all white, it's really WHITE in there. I think we need a picture or two for the walls to break up all that white. DH would NEVER agree to paint it a color because half the wall was blue and I fought him to paint it all white. So now I have to come up with alternative ways to add some color. The color scheme is grey and white (darn you Pinterest and all of your grey and white rooms!!!!!) but I think I need to add a pop of red or yellow in there.
March 5th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Can't wait to see the pictures, Amy!

Gwynne, I promise you the right house will come along! We've been looking since spring 2008, so almost 5 years and I really think this was the right place/right time. We have the money to get the stuff we want because we were saving! Although this house isn't perfect, we're slowly getting it to how we want it! So far, the only things changing are the closets but soon it will get really different with paint! He's supposed to start coming next week!

Hope the day goes by quickly for you, Coetta!
March 6th, 2013, 06:04 PM
All looked good with DH's colonoscopy they took some biopsies anyway and will get the results in a couple weeks. It was an exhausting day!! I just have to thank god a million times today he gave me such an easy child We all woke up at 6:30 and got in the VA at 8:30. I pulled out the DVD player and let Caleb watch Toy Story since he was a little cranky from waking up early. DH didn't get called back till 10 and by then Toy Story (my main source of entertainment) was over and the DVD player was dead. So we went and got junk food and drinks from the shop and came back up to wait. My pager they gave me didnt go off until 12:30! So ridiculous. Caleb was perfect he played in the hall with his Jessie doll pretty much the entire time and there were no meltdowns or anything! Everyone who walked by talked to him and complimented him and he got a couple stickers, a sucker and graham crackers from people. He's rotten He was great but I'm so glad we wont have to do that again for a long while! Can't wait for bed tonight.
irish luck likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 02:21 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I'm glad that your dh's colonoscopy looks good, Coetta, and that Caleb was so good for you.
I'm sorry I haven't really been around. I have been on an emotional roller coaster the past few weeks and haven't felt very chatty. I will try to get back to posting regularly.
March 7th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Bethany, I was thinking about you last night wondering were you were and if you were ok. I have missed you
Hugs, I hope you know we are here for you no matter what!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search