2014 by 2014

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 06:04 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
(((Hugs)))) Bethany! I'm sorry things aren't going smoothly for you right now. I spent the better part of January and February on a similar roller coaster -- hope things get better soon!

Coetta, I can't believe how good Caleb was! Betsy does a pretty good job of waiting in the dr's office, but I can't imagine having here in there for hours like you guys were. Fingers crossed for good test results!

So, I'm entering my last few days of being 37 -- 38 is right around the corner. I was talking to a friend at work today (who is also 37) about how old our moms seemed when they were 37 -- they looked so tired and quite frankly, they just looked old. Now, obviously I'm biased to some degree, but I really don't think we look THAT old. I think my generation as a whole looks and feels younger than my mom's generation. Or at least, this is the story I'm sticking with for now......
March 11th, 2013, 10:59 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Amy you're definitely a hot momma
Hope everything is ok with you Bethany

Had my 15wk appt today, updated on the FB page about the cyst. I'm soooo glad to not have to have a surgery while pregnant, but I am freaking out about having to have a surgery afterward. A lot of family (DH included) has gone through surgeries so they all think it's no big deal and not to worry especially since it will most likely be a laproscopy. They just don't get they I never in my life have had surgery, stitches, anesthesia for any reason and the thought of being being knocked out so to speak scares the crap out of me! I can't even think about it too long without panicking.

March 12th, 2013, 08:26 AM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
Thanks girls!
Coetta, I had a laparoscopic surgery to remove my gall bladder and it was my first surgery. I was so freaked out too. I'm sure you'll do great though.
I am so proud of Ella. On Friday I decided to let her run around naked and give a shot at potty training. We are on day five now and she has only had maybe 3 accidents. I have been nervous because she has to be potty trained for preschool in August. I know that's a while away but Matthew flat out refused to potty train until he was 4.25 so I wasn't sure what she was going to do. I'm afraid I have created a nudist though. She keeps taking her underwear off but will wear her tutu. She is such a silly!
March 12th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Bethany!!!!! Aweosme potty progress! I am soooo not in PT mode right now! Too many other things going on. I have her try in the morning and before bed and if she mentions it, but that's it.

It is super windy today and we have some snow flurrying around right now.

The painter comes tomorrow I am so excited to finally see some progress, other than redoing the closets. Hubby's been a little worried about the spending, but I think once he sees something he'll feel better. Otherwise our other spending has been for furniture which isn't here yet, light fixtures that aren't going up until after the rooms are painted, carpet deposit, etc. The only thing really done was getting the whole house humidifier put in, which yes it definitely doesn't feel as dry, but it's not something you see, you know?
March 13th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Amy, I want pictures of the bathroom reno!!! I love looking at house stuff!

It's busy here today, but I feel lazy. 1st day of painter being here (think he'll be here 2 weeks!) and there are 2 guys here stipping/resealing the hardwood in the kitchen and dining room. It was really lacking the finish in the dining room, so we decided to have it all redone so that it doesn't look funny. So there have electrical cords running from the electrical panel in the basement, so I need to be right in the playroom by Teresa so she's not touching anything! She was also climbing the painter's ladder earlier. Crazy girl! So I'm just keeping her out of trouble. And the garage door guy just called and is on his way (it doesn't open all the way and then there's a gap at the top when it's closed, so we are hoping he can adjust it. Man, all this $ going out the door. Thinking we're going to have to go out for dinner tonight too so we aren't on the floor-they will finish it tomorrow.

I can't believe you are already 15 weeks, Coetta!

I got a little bummed the other day when I realized that if we had gotten lucky and gotten pregnant when we first started trying, I'd be due right about now. Although with all that has happened, it's probably good I'm not. Still hoping we can have 1 more though. But I think I've decided that if it doesn't happen by the end of this year, I am going to give up.
March 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks Coetta! And Kris, I'll post the pics this weekend -- too lazy to do it now. Still haven't found the right hardware yet for the cabinets and the towels I bought are going to be returned because when I did a test "washing" of one of them, I'm not happy with how thin they really are.

With regards to the cyst Coetta.....I had a grapefruit sized ovarian cyst when I was 18. I had to have the "old school" surgery to get it removed (in fact, they actually used that surgery's scar line for my c-section!). Trust me, I know you'll be nervous about having the laproscopy done, but it will be so much easier than the traditional, old-school surgery.

Yay for the PT progress Bethany!!!!! I'm too nervous to let Betsy run around in just panties. However, she's been doing it at school and it's been going well. At some point I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do it here too.
March 14th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good morning, 1 day closer to Friday/the weekend!

Guys are finishing up the floor today and then I will spend the afternoon recleaning every single cabinet, inside and out.

Not sure if we'll make it to the kids swimming lesson this morning...I don't want to leave unless they are done with the floor. I don't mind leaving the painter here while we're gone, he's done a lot of work for my mom/sister and he's been going to my mom's dentist office for 15 years or so, so I trust him. I am hoping he can get the boys' room done today...Lukas really wants his light blue room back (almost identical color to what we had in the old house)....kid likes consistency!

Any big plans for the weekend?
March 14th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Thanks Bethany and Amy, hearing others stories is very reassuring! I think what I'm most concerned (besides the obvious) is is being able to breastfeed afterwards. I'm hoping the surgery isn't painful enough I need to be loaded up on pain meds that might not be safe afterwards.

WTG Bethany on the potty training! Caleb is still not really interested. I think after we get back from our vacation we'll start giving him a nudge toward potty training.

We were going to go to the zoo today, but not sure now....sounds like rain is coming Maybe we'll just go out to lunch, we're going stir crazy and need to get out!

March 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM
No big plans for the weekend. I'm getting my hair cut and highlighted on Saturday but that's it. I bought a bunch of towels and washcloths at Target but I don't like how they feel (I was disappointed with the "test" one I washed -- I need much thicker, plusher towels, especially for insanely thick hair), so I have to take those back. Plus, I bought a pair of shoes at Macy's that just aren't comfortable (which amazes me as they are the Naturalizer brand and are supposed to be uber-comfortable), so those have to go back too.
March 14th, 2013, 08:53 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Bethany, I had the same gall bladder surgery when Kensley was 8 weeks old. It was considered an emergency, since I had NO symptoms AT ALL until that night, when I was throwing up bile and blood. Poof. Gone. Good job on the PT, too!!!

Still dying for pics of the house, Kris and the bathroom, Amy! And I can't wait to post pics of my new house, which, at the moment, doesn't seem to exist.

Not much new going on here, just trying to catch up with you all

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 15th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully more pics will be coming soon as rooms get done. The kids' rooms should get finished with the painting today so this weekend we should get all the furniture back in place, pictures hung, outlets/covers replaced (lady liked to paint the actual outlet to match the wall). I'll post them on FB.

The floor guy just called to tell me he was running late and asked about how I liked the kitchen. YAY I didn't cry but told him I was disappointed and asked about what could be done. He said he'd call the other guy and figure something out. So hope that can be improved! Thanks for the support on that girls!

Gwynne, whatever happened with asking the one house if they'd liketo sell-did you do it?
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.
March 15th, 2013, 10:06 AM
We haven't rung any doorbells yet We're going to wait until mid summer to see if any of the houses we do like miraculously end up on the market. If not, we may be going door to door There are 4 houses that we love from what we know of them. Of course, the insides could be all wrong for us, but location and square footage and # of BR and bathrooms, and garage, acreage, etc... is all perfect. Until then, we just keep saving up our money! (not a bad spot to be in, really).

March 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not that bad of a spot! That's how we were for several years, save, save, save! Of course we did some fun spending in there too, but I am so glad we saved. Because now we are able to get what we want now and not have to wait to save! I need to price out if we we have enough money to redo the hall bathroom upstairs and in the lower level. Ours is going to last. 1 because it will cost the most and 2 because who really goes to use the master bathroom except us. Plus we figure, if we have an open house/start of summer party like we want, people will understand not being able to do everything at once. Too bad we didn't have the extra $10K from our first deal.

Hubby came home from work early, so as soon as Nathan gets home we can head out to Menards and Home Depot to get what we need/want.
March 15th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I'm so jealous!!! Have fun at Menards (ummm... and we don't have one here, either, but I know if it because there's one in Aberdeen, SD where DH's grandmother lived and where their farm is).

When we find our house, I told DH that if the % rates are still ridiculously low (which is another reason why I'm dying to find something), we'll bite the bullet and fix EVERYTHING to be the way we want it before we ever move in. Then we can sell this house after moving and cleaning it up so there's no sign of kids or pets I have it all figured out. Except the house. Yeah. Just waiting for that to pop up on the market or knock on doors with prayers that someone wants to sell!!!

March 15th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Kris your house is gorgeous from what I've seen on FB, can't wait to see more! And your bathroom pics Amy!

Gwynne how were feeling as far as nursing and taking care of Kensley after your surgery?

We got to go to the zoo today It was really fun and by chance I happened to check FB before we left and saw that some friends from AK and their two girls were going to be there also so we met up with them. We were there for four hours!

March 15th, 2013, 05:10 PM
I had to pump and dump for days (while in the hospital because of all the drugs from surgery) but when I got home and was cleared of all the meds, she nursed like a champ and I really wasn't that sore. She was small enough that it really didn't bother me/hurt to have her cuddle up and nurse. I did have to pump a lot in the hossy, though, to make sure my supply didn't diminish.

March 16th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Good to know Gwynne! I think I will put the surgery off until 8 or 12 wks after baby is here then. That should give me enough time to pump enough for a few days.

I've been doing a lot of scrapbooking lately and going through old pictures and videos today and man did the waterworks start when I found Caleb's 1 year video I made!

March 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Awww!!! I gotta make a video of all 3 of them before they get any older. When's grandparent's day? That would be a good present!

March 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
Coetta, Ella was only 5 weeks old when I was in the hospital with pulmonary embolisms. She was exclusively breastfeeding and I had to pump and dump for a while because of the contrast from the scans they were doing. The hospital was so supportive of me and even let me use their really nice pump and gave me my own supplies for it since I didn't have my own. Hopefully you'll have the same support. They told me it was fine to take Vicodin while breastfeeding so hopefully that is correct because I took it for a few weeks.
amonstersmomma likes this.
March 17th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks for that info Bethany I will definitely ask about a pump while I'm there now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search