2014 by 2014

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I used a hospital pump while there after having Nathan and we couldn't get him to latch. I had to buy (or insurance did I think) the pieces that weren't reusable (pieces that came in contact with milk). They definitely should be able to hook you up.

2 painters working today YAY for faster progress. The main guy said his buddy might be here all week to help him out. And 2 guys are installing the laminate floor in the office area of the lower level. I think after this week it'll look SO miuch better!!! Hopefully we can get the light fixtures, outlets, etc changed as they finish rooms.

After we pulled up the carpet/pad (and by we I mean me and Nathan hubby sat and watched......but I didn't mind, he had already worked on a bunch of stuff that morning) the wood strip that holds the carpet tacks definitely looks like it's been wet quite a bit over the years. There is a crack along the floor, but it's also right by the french doors. We are pretty sure the moisture is coming in from the doors, since they are a few other cracks and the wood strip around those do not look the same. So it looks like we are going to be replacing that door (and possibly the one in the livinig room too so they match) sooner than we thought. YAY for new doors, but BOO for having another expense! It's probably going to cost about $2500 to get them/install them.

Hubby starts teaching this week. 1 night a week for 8 weeks, not too bad. It makes for long days for both of us, but the money is good for the amount of time he puts in.
March 18th, 2013, 10:46 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
for progress, Kris! Sounds like you are fixing to be just the way you want and need it to be. You'll have those expenses paid in no time, especially with the extra teaching job and your mindful spending/saving. That's how we'd do it: "balls to the wall" and fix everything at once before we move in/right in the beginning.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ideally it would have been great to have it all done before we moved in, but we didn't want to pay for storage/live with my mom for a month before moving in. Not that she isn't great, but a month is a long time! Our agreement is that hubby keeps all his teaching money to support his airplane addiction, so that won't help. But they finally got raises(crappy ones, but at least something) after 2 years of not getting them, so that's a few hundred extra starting this month.

For several years we've only paid cash (well technically charged it/paid it off after getting some rewards for it), but with the tractor and furniture they weren't willing to go any lower for paying upfront, so we went ahead and financed it at 0% for a year. So we financed about 75% of the cost of those. Figured that'll keep more money aside for if an emergency came up. We might end up doing that for the doors we have to replace too. We know we'll be here many many years, so I was okay with doing that if it meant we could have more done now rather than having to do work at random times. I am debating if I want to bite the bullet and get the 2 hallway bathrooms done. The showers are keepable and possibly the toilets, so the cost shouldn't be too outrageous (I HOPE!)
April 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well scratch my idea for the showers being keepable. I had thought I'd be able to get the paint splatters off the showers and toilets, but after another super scouring clean of the bathroom we've been using, no luck. It stinks because the bathroom re-dos will cost more, but I am also glad that means we'll get all new stuff for them.

Today is Nathan's last day of spring break. I think we're going to take Teresa to tumbling class, then I'll walk for a little bit until the pool opens and then let them play in the waterpark pool.
April 8th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Come out , come out whereever you are ladies!
April 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Good Afternoon!

Leslie

April 8th, 2013, 10:22 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I'm sorry that I am still in some kind of weird funk and not posting as often. I have been working so hard lately toward becoming healthier in hopes that I will start feeling happier but I'm still just kind of meh. That's about as exciting as I am right now. How's everyone else?
April 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HUGS Bethany! Have you still been running? How is everything with your dad's health?

It's warmer here this week, but possiblity of rain and it's gloomy out. Come on 70s and sunshine!!!
April 13th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Good thing I have a older daughter that can take care of the younger ones !! I have been outside helping the hired hands with a couple sick calves. DH is gone for a couple days, and the hired hands don't know how to treat cattle. So a lot of firsts for everyone. I know what to do, I just have never done it before

April 15th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope the sick calves are getting better! What a good daughter you have to help with them! My Grandma will talk about how responsible my mom was when she was a kid, the oldest of 6 (although my youngest aunt was adopted after my mom was married/moved out). My Grandma said when she would go out to check on the animals, if the baby cried, my mom would turn on the back porch light to signal my Grandma to come back in. She would have only been 4 years old at the time. I can't imagine my almost 5 year old doing that, but then again, he's a boy.

We are getting warmer weather this week, but it is supposed to come with rain.
May 17th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WOW, over a month with no new posts in this thread.
May 20th, 2013, 09:46 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I think it got burried Kris! How are the home repairs coming? Are you feeling settled yet?

May 20th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
ok I will start posting here too but sorry the first is a rant

Sometimes my neighbours are so frustrating and child like !!! We all live with in a couple miles from each other 3 are SIL then there is 2 of us that are not related. They are all younger but still it is always a completion over who is closer with who! We all have children the same age so they are going to birthday party and stuff together.
I took Cohen to a birthday party, Kyren was getting dropped off there from a sleepover she had at one of the other parents place. Kyren was upset because she was not invited to the party but the girls house she was at their whole family was invited. Kyren is fine and not totally crushed by this because we talked about it, but still. I go pick Cohen up and the parent that stayed with her hole family was just being a B*tch !! I get so mad because our kids are all friends but I can not stand the parents !!!

May 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
That sounds so frustrating!! I hate when parents make kid's frienships more complicated

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search