2014 by 2014

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 08:34 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Caleb is finally feeling better today so we can get out of this house! I was going a little insane being cooped up here. We're going to try and find some end tables and probably have lunch out and then go hang out with SIL (not the mean one ) and Caleb's cousins for the rest of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
Did you have Caleb early? Did you have a c/s (sorry can't remember).
Caleb actually came on his due date.... no c/s my water just broke So I'm hoping this baby is just as punctual!

January 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I am so excited for you, Coetta!! I am having some major baby fever after seeing my 6 month old niece on Christmas.
January 4th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I believe it Bethany! Seeing my 1 month old niece on New Year's eas nice ,but so hard at the same time!

Did you notice the Oct and Nov 2010 PRs got merged into the generic 2010 PR? I am so glad our group is holding on strong! By this time in the PR I was in for Lukas there were only a handful of people left. I wish more people from FB posted here too, but overall we still have a strong group!

It's Friday!!! and I keep forgetting it! Long breaks always get me confused on the days.
January 4th, 2013, 06:22 PM
uvatigger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy its friday!!!!

No plans for the weekend!!! So looking forward to that
Then hubby starts travelling again and its just me and kiddos for 7 days then again for two 4 dAY stints

January 4th, 2013, 08:20 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Finally going home tomorrow (Sat). I can't believe it. Down here in NM since the 23rd and I'm READY to be home. AAAK!

Haven't heard back from the other university, but I hope they love my application and hire me on. I'd love more $$

and...

still house hunting. sigh. I would honestly say that if our house were even just 5 minutes closer to town, we'd just add on and stay put, but where we are, we're simply not satisfied enough to stay put and add on. I'm torn, kind of, but I know what I REALLY want!!! and it's not anywhere I've found yet. Sigh.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 4th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there, Gwynne! I am sure you will find the perfect house in time. We've been on a major roller coaster with selling/buying but I still have faith it will all be worth it!
January 5th, 2013, 06:03 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Gwynne, you definitely have to find the right house -- you can't settle! And Kris, did everything work out with the latest round of offers -- did you secure a buyer?

As for us, we hope to put the house up for sale in early summer. We've got some work to do on it before then though. DH is going to take a pretty big hit on this place. I just hope it works out and we can sell quickly.

Oh, and we just started Season 3 of Walking Dead. DANG!!!!!!!!!! It's just so addictive!
January 5th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Im a tiny bit jealous of all the house buying happening in this group You ladies have found some awesome houses! I know you'll find the perfect one too Gwynne

I dont think Im escaping morning sickness this time around....just had to run to the bathroom and puke up my Lucky Charms

January 5th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That stinks, Coetta! I think I only threw up once with each pregnancy, but did have several gagging incidents. After my mom was so sick with us, I am glad to not follow in her footsteps.

Amy-yes we got another buyer, how secure that is who knows Apparently contracts mean a lot less than we originall thought. The offer we accepted was for $10K less than the original one (since there wasn't nearly as much competition the 2nd go around the offers didn't get driven up too much) But we should be close to being able to walk away without paying too much (although we're selling for $30K less than we bought + there's probably another $20K+ in upgrades we've done. But, hoping it's all worth it in the end!

Coetta-do you guys plan to stay in STL long term?

Teresa is having a cranky day (well cranky for her anyways). I'd love to put her down for a nap, but I know I'd kick myself for it tonight when she would fight going to bed.
January 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Fingers crossed Kris that everything works out!

Sorry about the morning sickness Coetta. I hope you feel better soon!

We're getting some HUGE snowflakes right now. It's about time!!!!!
January 5th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
And then the snow stopped. My boys are desperate for snow!!!
January 5th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I put Betsy in her snow coat and let her go outside for a few minutes -- I figured the way this winter was going, this could be her one day to "play" in the snow. My FIL lives 6 hours SOUTH of us and had 14 inches of snow in his yard last week. How is that even possible??????

Betsy is sitting next to me with the iPad and watching some Korean cartoon that involves cars that yell at pedestrians. We've watched "Wheels on the Bus" in a dozen languages (Dutch is my favorite!). The kid is going to be perfect for the United Nations some day!
January 5th, 2013, 06:04 PM
That is too funny Amy! DH put Mickey Mouse on in French once, Caleb looked so upset

We went to IHOP for dinner, but after we ordered our appetizer I guess our waiter forgot about us. We waited 20 minutes and he went to all the tables around ours never stopping by to take our food and drink orders and we never saw our appetizer! We ended up just leaving. I hate to do that but sheesh. We went to Dennys instead

January 5th, 2013, 06:52 PM
What lousy service! Did you say anything to a manager on your way out?

I'm so irritated right now. Betsy took a way-too-short nap today because DH woke her up. Because she was already crabby, we canceled our date night -- I didn't want her to be a handful for my MIL plus, with her up, there was no way for me to straighten up and get ready plus I was mad at him for waking her up so I wasn't in the mood (even though we haven't been on a date night since early March). Now, it's 8:50 and she's goofing around in her room while DH just sits there and watches Netflix on the iPad. She's overly tired but she's not falling asleep. Meanwhile, I'm exhausted because I ran around taking care of errands today and trying to keep a tired toddler happy -- I can't go to bed until she goes to bed. So, so mad right now.
January 5th, 2013, 07:11 PM
9:10 and all is quiet upstairs......I guess I get to go to bed now!
January 6th, 2013, 06:20 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post

I'm so irritated right now. Betsy took a way-too-short nap today because DH woke her up. Because she was already crabby, we canceled our date night -- I didn't want her to be a handful for my MIL plus, with her up, there was no way for me to straighten up and get ready plus I was mad at him for waking her up so I wasn't in the mood (even though we haven't been on a date night since early March). Now, it's 8:50 and she's goofing around in her room while DH just sits there and watches Netflix on the iPad. She's overly tired but she's not falling asleep. Meanwhile, I'm exhausted because I ran around taking care of errands today and trying to keep a tired toddler happy -- I can't go to bed until she goes to bed. So, so mad right now.
Amy - that sounds horrible! I am sorry she was crabby and you missed your date night. That's just sad all the way around. I hope all of you were able to get some rest. And start planning your 'rain check' date night now!

January 6th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Hope you got some good sleep Amy! Sorry poor little Betsy's nap was ruined

January 6th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's crummy, Amy! Hope you can get a date night soon!

I would have been really annoyed too, Coetta!

Last night hubby fell asleep on the couch, stirred a bit when I took the kids up for bed, but fell back asleep. I laid next to Teresa's mattress on the boys' floor for an hour waiting for her to fall asleep, she wasn't fooling around, but just wasn't falling asleep. At one point I fell asleep! I was good and didn't get cranky with hubby, since he had gone out in the cold afternoon to change the oil on my truck while I was warm in the house. I think Teresa took so long to fall asleep because I made her lay down in her crib in the afternoon (she had gotten SO cranky then!). Hoping for no nap today so she'll go down easier tonight.

I can't believe Nathan's break is over! But I am looking forward to getting back to a routine with Lukas and Teresa-getting to the Y, doing schoolwork, etc.
January 6th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Thanks girls. I did get some good sleep -- and to ensure that I did finally get a good night's sleep, I even took a tylenol PM. That did the trick!

Kris, did Teresa go down easily for you tonight?

Today was the last day of break. Took B up to get the grandkid picture taken for my mom's birthday (minimal drama but my sister definitely wasn't in a good mood). Finished grading those blasted essays. I've already picked out my clothes for tomorrow, packed Betsy's diaper bag and my work out bag ('cuz I'm heading to the fitness room after school -- oh yeah!). I still have to take care of a few things before I go to bed, but I probably will have a hard time falling asleep tonight -- I can never get a good night's sleep the night before the first day of school.
January 7th, 2013, 08:01 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Hope all the LOs slept well last night! Back to school for us today too. I was hoping to sleep in until at least 7am when Tanner needs to get up, but DH woke me up at 5am while getting ready for work (dropped something heavy in the bathroom). Then he woke up Elaina when he left at 6am and I had to bring her to bed with me. She tossed and turned next to me until just before I had to get Tanner up....then she only slept for a hour. She's been in a good mood though and "danced" downstairs while I exercised for awhile. We're just lazing around now in front of the fire while I catch up on FB and JM and think about what we'll be having for lunch and dinner.

Once Upon A Time and Biggest Loser was on last night and again tonight, and the new Bachelor starts tonight as well. Sean Lowe is the Bachelor so I'm excited about that. He's hot and so sweet. I hope he finds someone really special

Amy, is the Walking Dead any good? My son Dakota has watched every season but DH and I haven't watched any of them...wondering if it's something we'd be into...always looking for something new to watch. It's a long time til True Blood comes back on

Tomorrow will be week 1 gone on my LCarb diet..it's been hard but I think I can keep it up. I did it once before and lost a ton of weight and kept it off for a few years til I started eating more carbs I'm anxious to see how much weight I've lost this first week!

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search