2014 by 2014

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the Bachelor reminder! Better check to make sure the DVR is set. I always like the Bachelor more than the Bachelorette just because the women get so catty it's hilarious!

Went and ran/walked 5 miles this morning. I am debating whether or not to sign up for the 1/2 marathon in May again. I am afraid that with moving I won't be able to dedicate the time to training like I should.

I did a low carb diet back before I had Nathan and it worked well, but I like carbs too much to stay away permanently and I gained once I started eating them again!
January 7th, 2013, 02:39 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I hope everyone is doing well today. I registered Ella for two days a week of preschool for next school year today. I can't believe how grown up she is.
January 7th, 2013, 02:43 PM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
I love carbs too but restricting them seems to be the only way I can lose weight. My metabolism is all screwed up. It's not so bad after the first week and I order some food items online that I really like (pizza crusts, pancake mix, chips etc)...and Atkins chocolate from Wal-Mart (PB cups and granola bars) that are really good, and that helps keep me on track. Breyers makes a low carb vanilla and chocolate ice cream that I really like so that's good when I feel like a sweet. I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon again but I'd like to lose some for a few vacations this summer ...then maybe I can allow myself a day or two a week to eat some carbs.

Yeah I'm excited about The Bachelor...I'll be recording BL since its on at the same time.

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

January 7th, 2013, 05:16 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Ive never watched the Bachelor or Bachelorette, maybe I will start. Just found out one of my shows (666 Park Avenue) got cancelled it was so good too!! I think Private Practice is ending too, ugh.

Caleb has been testing us allllll day long driving me a little crazy. I wouldnt let him have an oreo (he'd already had one) so he smacked me IN THE FACE! I dont know where he got that from, but I took him straight to his room for some timeout telling him we dont hit and it's not nice etc. When he tried to come out I told him he had to say "sorry" and "no hitting" which made him throw a fit and shut the door in my face about 10x before he decided he would say it So frustrating.

January 7th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Love the new siggy, Coetta! I hope Caleb has a better day tomorrow!

I will be so disappointed if Private Practice is cancelled!

Teresa fell asleep on her own tonight (on the boy's floor!). The other days we had stayed with her there. Hopefully she can keep doing that because I kept falling asleep in there with her.
January 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Trying to play catch up but you ladies are so chatty......

Trisha, Walking Dead is SOOOOOO amazing! I didn't think I'd be interested in the whole zombie apocalypse thing, but holy cow -- it's really good. We watched Seasons 1 and 2 over the Winter Break and have already started watching Season 3 (through downloads on Amazon). Truthfully, I think it's MUCH better than the last couple of seasons of True Blood. You must watch it!

I could never give up my carbs. Never. I'll give up sweets and heavy foods. I'll give up many other things. I'll eat Special K three times a day if I have to. But I could never get rid of my breads and other carb-loaded foods.

Don't watch the Bachelor/ette series. I can't stand the fakeness of the contestants. I know that most people watch it for the drama and craziness of the contestants, but it's just too much for me to take!

Sorry that Caleb had such a bad day Coetta. I hope tomorrow is better. I love your new siggy!!!!!

As for me, I've made it to the fitness room twice this week -- yay! We'll see how long this lasts. I go right after school and put a quick 40 minutes in. A few other women are going so I'm not too lonely down there.

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; January 8th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
January 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Carbs no way could I give up ! I have tried a 3 day millitary diet that I like.

January 9th, 2013, 02:45 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We are doing grain free and it is absolute torture I love bread so much and this diet has affirmed that love! I could never give it up all the way forever!

We watched the bachelor premier last night! Too funny! I'm ready for Greys and Parenthood to start back up! We've also just started watching season 1 of downton abbey.

Seems the only time I can get on here these days is on my phone during feedings. Except right now I'm rocking Eli back to sleep. For some weird reason he got up at 4:30 wide awake! I know he'll be a bear if he doesn't go back down. Doesn't he know I count on his solid nights sleep since Jude wakes up at night?!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 9th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope Eli went back to sleep for you, Kelli!

WTG Amy for getting in a workout (not that you need it girl!) But it does feel great and I bet it gives you more energy in the long run!

Teresa woke up early this morning, although not as early as Eli! She woke up at 630 and was WIDE awake, which was crazy because last night we kept her up until 830 or so because she was wired last night and she didn't even nap yesterday! I have a feeling she'll end up falling asleep sometime today to make up for it.

We're skipping the Y today. I ran Monday and swam yesterday and my legs are SORE after not doing stuff for so long. Plus I also spent 30 minutes going up and down the stairs yesterday afternoon bringing up storage containers from the basement. I have more of that to do today, so that will count as my workout. And I will admit we are also skipping because I have 4 shows to watch off the DVR and if I don't get a little caught up it will bug me. But I have some laundry to fold, coupons to clip and file, etc so I'll stil lbe a little productive while watching.
January 9th, 2013, 06:45 AM
I eat low carb bread, which actually just tastes like regular bread.

January 9th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Hit send by accident anyway, there are other low carb products that are quite good. I recently purchased some waffle mix so I'm anxious to try it this weekend!

I'm down 4 pounds in week one so I'm happy about that!

Amy, your paying $1.99 per episode of WD on Amazon? You should've asked me to get them for you Dakota has the first couple of seasons so I need to start watching them I guess

Back to gymnastics today for Miss E...hope she cooperates. She likes to do her own thing sometimes and always has to be first at everything. She's the youngest in the class but one of the tallest and I think the other kids are scared of her, especially when she scowls at them and points her finger :-/

January 9th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks Amy and Kris! It was time for an actual siggy and she did a fabulous job

My best friend gets here a week from tomorrow!!!!!!!!! So excited Then we can finally go and see the Breaking Dawn 2 movie we made each other wait to see
I have a dentist appt today at 11am then 3pm my first OB appt. Sooo nervous for both! Im hoping they'll try an ultrasound today even though they told me they wouldnt I want to see baby's heartbeat so I can quit worrying a little bit.

January 9th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Kelli, Parenthood returned last week. I got really behind on Grey's so I need to have a Hulu marathon on one the nights I can't sleep.
That's exciting about your friend, Coetta. We leave for California a week from tomorrow so I am stalking the weather. We either go thru the mountains over to Utah then thru Las Vegas to get there or we go down to New Mexico, over to Arizona, and then thru to California.
January 9th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Coetta, is Breaking Dawn still playing in theaters there? It hasn't here for over a week I had already seen it but was going to go with a friend who hadn't yet and was ticked to find out it wasn't playing anymore.

January 9th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Yupp it's still playing in several theaters here! Ive been stalking my Fandango app to make sure it doesnt suddenly stop playing before we get to see it because then I might cry
-Trish- likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Teresa likes to do her own thing in swimming class too. We go back tomorrow. I still want to see about a gymnastics class for her, she loves to do front rolls. I also want to see about a basketball class for Lukas. He has gotten really good at dribbling the ball lately. But I wanted to get moved first before I add more activities to the week.

Bethany-what day again is the 1/2 marathon?
January 9th, 2013, 12:04 PM
It's Sunday the 20th at 5 am.
~Kris~ likes this.
January 9th, 2013, 04:10 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Trisha, we watched the first two seasons on Netflix. We decided at midnight one night to buy the first two episodes of season 3 because we had just finished season 2 and we weren't ready to say goodbye to the Walkers yet! But thanks!

My experience with low-carb breads has not been good -- they usually have soy protein in them and I have a soy intolerance, so it's best to just avoid them.

Kris, I definitely think dragging storage bins up and down for half an hour counts as a workout! I went to the fitness room again tonight, so that makes three times in a row this week! Thanks for suggesting that I don't need it, but the scale is suggesting otherwise. Which shows do you still have to watch?

Bethany, good luck on the marathon! And I hope your tooth is feeling better Coetta!

Gotta run -- the toddler is getting bored so I need to entertain her.
January 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Ohhhh Bethany thanks, didn't know it started back up!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 9th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Got caught up on my shows today-Biggest Loser, Parenthood, Private Practice, and Switched at Birth! Kinda felt like a bum watching all the shows in one day but decided I deserved a slack off day.

I NEED to go to bed earlier tonight! I've been saying that for weeks and sure enough every night I stay up until 11/12. Even though I get to sleep in until 7/730 I am one of those people that need a lot of sleep, like 8-9 hours!

Kelli-I just LOVE that picture! So sweet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search