2014 by 2014

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Huggs Amy I know alot of my friend have a hard time with being alone, not fun.

My life never changes DD#2 has a friend over this weekend( We have had extra kids every weekend for the last month or two). And wait for it ...... they are out snowmobiling/ sledding ! That is all we do
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

Thank You tasha_mae

February 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I remember the first time hubby was gone for work travel when we lived in our apartment! I was so nervous! I had never lived alone! I had a roommate all thru college and even though she went home pretty much every weekend, I knew I had friends on either side of me, you know? Plus we had a ground level apartment. I *almost* went to stay at my mom's house.

Then when we were in our house we had our dog most of the time, but after we got rid of her I felt a little nervous again.

Now most of the time I am so exhausted from the 3 kids that once Iget in bed I conk out (though I usually stay up later so that I will fall asleep quickly)

I am waiting up to go over to Walmart and collect empty boxes from when they stock. I really want to go to bed!!!
February 10th, 2013, 06:22 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Did you get some boxes Kris?

DH finally got home last night around 8:30. I let Betsy stay up so she could see him -- she was so excited that she sat by the front door window and waited for him to come in. It was sweet. Of course, then she was all wound up and so bedtime (which is never fun at our house) was painful.

Going to my niece's birthday party. I cannot believe that she is 8!!!!! She's told her grandma that a boy likes her and that TWO friends confirmed it. She's getting so big!
February 10th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got about a dozen boxes, I didn't want to wait around for more! The last 2 times, I went between 10 and 10:30 and was able to get quite a few. Last night the stockers didn't even come out from the back until 1040ish....then they were taking their sweet ole time moving boxes around and then finally started to empty. I hung out until 1115, but couldn't take it anymore and went home. I really hope it's enough!

This rainy weather stinks! We are lazying around right now. We did get the crib disassembled, since she hasn't slept in it for a month or so. We need to take apart the treadmill later though.
February 11th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's Monday! Hope everyone has a great week!
February 11th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Having a good day, It's one of those proud to be a mom, of my family, loving our farming job kind of days

Thank You tasha_mae

February 11th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Monday is done -- yay! Actually, I can't complain too much. My students were good and I even made it to the fitness room again. But my days are oh-so-long -- yuck!
February 11th, 2013, 05:22 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
I have been slacking on here

Rob had surgery today, it was a long 4.5 hours from the time we got there til when we left, we go back tomorrow for a follow up.... These hotel rooms are starting to add up

Thankfully next week we can come and go in one day

Then in 2 weeks we will be here for the big one... That one I will need a hotel for 4 nights unless I leave and go back home at some point

Talked to Gavin on the phone, he was so cute

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
February 11th, 2013, 07:17 PM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Callie, been thinking about you guys!

Amy, your girls nights sounded fun! Just mommy and daughter!

I hope all the sickies are feeling better.

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
February 12th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Callie-you are such a dedicated gal for our group! I don't think ANYONE would think you were slacking by not being around as much!!!! I think of you several times a day, know you are in my thoughts! How is Rob handling things?

Still no word on house stuff....really want this done this week! ihate this fly by the seat of your pants stuff! Why can't it be more organized???
February 12th, 2013, 09:53 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
That sounds so exhausting Callie! Is the big surgery his last one he'll need now?

Can't believe you still haven't heard anything on the house Kris. I'd be losing my mind with no set dates!

I had my 11wk OB appt yesterday and met with the 2nd of the three docs. From what I understand I get to rotate through them all and in the end pick the one I want to stick with. That'll be a tough one because I've loved the first two! My appt yesterday was a little stressful. I was supposed to just go in give them some pee and hear the heartbeat, but the OB couldn't get a good read on the HB. She said she heard it for a split second, but I didn't hear it at all. She could see I was freaked a little so she sent me to the room next door for an ultrasound to ease my mind and they decided to measure a cyst I have on my right ovary again to see if it's getting bigger or not. Baby is totally fine and very squirmy The cyst seems to be really throwing them off. They called it a complex cyst or a dermoid...they aren't sure. In a month we go back for another ultrasound and remeasure. She said if it gets to big they might have to surgically remove it while I'm still pregnant I had a cyst with Caleb too and it might actually be the same one so praying it doesn't grow big enough for them to want to do surgery.

February 12th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
FX that the cyst doesn't do anything else! I had an extra u/s with Lukas to check on a cyst, but it hadn't changed at all, so we didn't need to do anything. Glad you liked both doctors so far!

We haven't Lukas' last speech therapy today. Go figure, last week when we had his meeting on Thursday he was all upset that he wasn't staying to have speech, so we decided to have him go 1 more time for closure, and now today he is saying he wants to stay home. But I know once we get over to school he'll be glad to go. I've noticed since we've been home more often lately (not going to the Y as much, and library was on a little break from storytime) that he's been more whiney.
February 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Callie, I've been thining about you lots!! I really hope everything is going okay right now.

Coetta, hoping the cyst doesn't grow or cause any problems!

Kris, our kids get whinier too when they are stuck at home for too long

Having a not at all productive day at work today. But I got good news! The position I had been begging for in Ann Arbor was supposed to open soon. However, since, you know, marrying D, I can't take the position anymore. I've been a little stressed about how to explain that I wasn't applying for it (since really, I'd been negotiating for it for months. Well, I just got an email that they had to open a position in Raleigh instead of Ann Arbor due to work demands! Which is great!! No questions when I don't apply for that one

February 12th, 2013, 04:09 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine

Hi Honeys, I'm home!!

February 12th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Thanks ladies. Ive heard it's no biggie to have one removed while pregnant, but she kinda beat around the question when I asked what the risk to the baby would be. She said not to worry because she's pretty sure it wont grow so Im trying!

Yay for that good news Amy! I cant hwlp but smile every time you post about being married or post "DH"

I am dying for cookies now so im going to pull ingredients out of my baking cupboard and hope something in it will make a good cookie

February 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Fx that cyst doesn't give you any troubles Coetta!! Still cant believe you're pregnant too! So many new preggos!! Makes me smile! Praying for you Kris! Can't wait to see you with a BFP! :wub;

I found a new ped online. My current one is just not doing it for me. She's thinks she knows way better than I do about what's right for my kids (yet she doesn't have kids if her own, is only a few yrs older than me, and fresh from school - these things aren't necessarily bad, just not right for us). We meet with the ped I found tomorrow! I'm excited!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
February 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I hope the cyst doesn't grow, Coetta. Your ultrasound picture is so perfect.
I hope you like your new ped, Kelli. We had to go through a few before finding the best one for our family.
Not much is going on here. I was sick all last week and then was finally feeling better on Monday but then Matthew was complaining about his ears. He has a small rupture in his eardrum but seems to be doing much better now. However, dh is complaining of a sore throat and congestion. Blah!
February 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Kelli, I hope the Ped meeting goes great I would have a hard time with your current one, too, I think.

Hope Matthew heals quick, Bethany!

It looks like I owe on my taxes this year. Darn it! It's never happened to me before I'm in shock

February 13th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell08 View Post
I hope the cyst doesn't grow, Coetta. Your ultrasound picture is so perfect.
Thank you Bethany Hooe your DH isn't getting sick now too!

That stinks Amy, hope it's not too much!

Kelli good for you for looking for a new pedi. Caleb's pedi he has now is the first one Ive liked and he's an older guy. I tend to like older docs best. It makes such a huge difference having a pedi you love!

Last edited by amonstersmomma; February 13th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.
February 13th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Oh Coetta, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the cyst doesn't grow any larger.

Kelli, I'm glad to see you've found a new pedi. I tried to find a new one in our area but I couldn't find one that was worth transferring all of her medical history and starting all over again. I'm sticking with the frustrating ones that she currently has.

I'm giving up my search for the new wedding band. I can't find one that I like and I'm not going to compromise and buy something that I don't really love. I've actually started wearing the sapphire and diamond band that DH gave me for my first Christmas as a mother next to my engagement ring (the cold weather shrinks my fingers and causes my engagement ring to slip and slide -- my "Betsy" ring keeps it in place).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search