2014 by 2014

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, okay so trying to get 2013 in just December was a little (lot) too optimistic, but let's try for 2014 by 2014!
~SavedbyGrace~ and uvatigger like this.
January 1st, 2013, 07:58 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Alright ladies, we can do this!

I'm sitting here with a stack of essays that need to be graded and instead I'm putzing around online. I'm just too tired to focus on minor details and manuscript rules. I really want to just take a hot shower and go to bed. I know, super exciting way to start off the new year!
January 1st, 2013, 08:06 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Back to the grind tomorrow! Christmas vacation was awesome. Sadly, I am not looking forward to waking up early.
Don't get me wrong, I love my job....but I love sleep too. lol

January 1st, 2013, 08:28 PM
Boo Amanda! I'm sorry that you have to go back tomorrow. I hope you have an easy time -- at least you only have a 3 day week!

I broke down and graded 10 of the essays. I'm done for the night.
January 2nd, 2013, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good start, Amy. You don't want to get burned out doing too many at once! Grading projects is NOT what I miss about teaching!

Hope the 3 day week goes by quickly for you, Amanda!

Hubby went back to work today, but Nathan doesn't go back to school until Monday. So I 1/2 feel back to normal. I want to get the rest of the Christmas decorations down today. Normally I take it down and put up all my snowman decorations for January, but I think I am going to skip doing it this year.

I am also hopnig to figure out my resolutions today (late, I know)
January 2nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
Not much is going on here. I made blueberry muffins this morning and that's been about all of my excitement. We leave for Disneyland 2 weeks from tomorrow so I am working on my packing list so I make sure we don't forget anything. I am a horrible procrastinator and always wait until the last minute to pack and I don't want to do that this time.
January 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Back to work for the first time in almost 2 weeks But I'm enjoying looking at wedding venues I have to pick a state first, though
uvatigger likes this.

January 2nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
So so excited for you Amy!!!

I went to my doctor this morning to confirm pregnancy and picked out an OB and got a referral. It's feeling a little more real now! I have an OB appt the 9th probably just to confirm with them Im pregnant because it'll still be a little early for an ultrasound.

January 2nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you tell all your fmaily, Coetta?

Teresa has had the hardest time falling asleep lately and then waking up a bunch at night. I really wish I could go take a nap! I am considering letting the boys play the wii just so I know they'll stick with one thing and not make a mess!
January 2nd, 2013, 02:41 PM
So far we've told our parents and siblings and best friends It's a lot harder keeping a secret this big when we dont live over a thousand miles from anyone Still waiting until after the first ultrasound to post on FB though.

January 2nd, 2013, 02:56 PM
Sorry that T isn't sleeping for you Kris. Is she getting sick?

Bethany, I know so many people who have been going to Disney lately! I'm like you -- I try not to procrastinate with my packing but I always am rushing around at the last minute.

Coetta, so happy for you! Do you think you're going to find out the gender this time?

As for me, my break is quickly winding down. I go back on Monday and for as sad as I am about going back, it will be good to get back into a routine. Betsy likes going to "school" and needs to have that structure and routine back. And as for me, I actually do miss my students and am looking forward to seeing them again.
January 2nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Actually DH wants to wait to find out this time We'll see!

I hope getting back into your routine goes smoothly for you and Betsy

Caleb has been sick since Sunday with a horrible cough and runny nose. Im going stir crazy sitting around all day long! I think he's on the mend though (FX). Hopefully we can all do something this weekend!

January 2nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think she's getting sick, I honestly think she thinks she might be missing out on something when she's in her room by herself. Some of the nights she has woken up she asks me to go downstairs and even though I tell her everyone is in bed, she doesn't believe me! She's on the boys' floor now, trying that out.

Her crib only converts to full size and I am hesitant to buy a mattress for it if we are going to have a 4th kiddo. Because if we have 4, then we'll just get another set of bunk beds. Even if the kids don't always share rooms they can be taken apart. Just wish I'd get pregnant soon so I could buy the bunks! But if she likes being with the boys, I'm not sure what I'll do!
January 2nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeToTheMax View Post
But I'm enjoying looking at wedding venues I have to pick a state first, though
This made me chuckle!

Amy - good job on those essays! 10 down is better than 0 down!

Kris - I hate T is not sleeping. I think Evan is doing the same thing. He is so nosy and outgoing that he is afraid he will miss something. He needs more sleep or gets sick. We put him to bed tonight at 7:45 so he'd get the rest he needs. Of course he just came downstairs and said he was scared on the monster in his closet...but he still love us.

Coetta - baby stuff is so exciting!! Do you have a way you want to reveal to other family/friends?

Bethany - your HALF is so close!!! Are you excited? Nervous? Ready??

Just chiling out tonight. Inservice today was horrible. We had 6 hours on understanding poverty. While it was interesting and I learned a lot, it was too long to just sit. We then had a 1.5 discussion on security. It just made me sad. The University of Memphis head of security (who happens to be married to our division director) came and talked about school shootings and what we can do. Basically this is what I got - if someone wants to come in a shoot people in your school (or in a movie theater or in a mall) there isn't a single security measure you can take. You can have a plan in action to buy yourself some time but no locked doors or buzzer or mace is going to keep that person out. So we worked on practical solutions for if an unwanted stranger enters the building. It was draining.

January 3rd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Did Teresa sleep better for you tonight Kris??

Amanda that sounds horribly draining and depressing So sad that we will constantly have to worry about those situations.

I think for telling the rest of our friends and family we'll just have to post an ultrasound on FB. Everyone who lives near us already knows now!

On this topic....a few days before we told anyone IRL DH's SIL announced she was preggo and due a day before me. I was all excited to go through it all with someone IRL, but after we told the family her response was that she's kinda upset about us being pregnant at the same time. I guess with her other two pregnancies DH's other sister was pregnant also both times. So she wanted this time all to herself? I dont get it, just seems a little c a t t y to me!

January 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I always say teachers are the worst people to have to sit still thru "classes". I know I always was!!! Yes the world can be a scary place, but I try to remember that if it's our time, it's our time, you know? Sometimes I wonder if being the survivors is worse than the victim, you know?

Bummer that SIL is being like that! Some people just like to play that pregnancy card over and over and be spoiled, she sounds like she might be one of those people. Pregnancy is an awesome thing, I like to view it as something magical and empowering making a woman stronger than ever, not something that makes you so weak and fragile. Obviously in some situations, pregnancy is extremely delicate as well and a mom can't carry on with life like normal, but for the most part women can.

So when is your EDD then? Did you join the DDC on here?

Teresa slept horribly, but hubby was amazing and got up with her everytime, he said it was 8 times, so after accounting for dad math, it was probably 3-4 times. I was so conked out that I never even realized she was crying until he was getting out of bed or he was coming back into it. Although I think he was fairly thanked for it last night and this morning.
January 3rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm sorry she's being like that, Coetta! I'd love to be pregnant at the same time as a close friend or sister/SIL

Kris, so nice he got up with her all night! I love your dad math

January 3rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
love the dad math. DH over exaggerates that way a lot.

I was loving the idea too Amy. Sad she isn't. We arent close at all so I thought maybe being preggers together would change that.

I did join a DDC Kris I couldn't decide between Aug or Sept since I have a DD of Sept 2nd and I have a feeling baby will come in Aug. I decided I'd rather be one of the firstsl than one of the last though so I went with a Sept DDC ... again

January 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
So many exciting things happening with everyone!! It's been hard for me to keep up with everything, with the holidays and the house stuff!
New oven, dishwasher, microwave are all getting installed today at the house! Woohoo!!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Fun times, Kelli!

I tease hubby about his "math" all the time. If it related to something with the kids, he over exaggerates. Although I don't know that it's truly intentional. Since I do the majority of ther stuff with them I know things do feel overwhelming for him at times. Then when it comes to the airplane, I always have to double the amount of time he thinks it will take.

Technically it's Nathan's last day of break, since weekends are always off. I feel bad that this break was kinda a blur. I think he's ready to get back to school for more routine.

New buyers are doing their home inspection tomorrow, so we'll have to be out.

I was in a June DDC and ended up having Lukas May 31st, so one of the first, and then had Teresa Sept 28, one of the last. It was more fun being at the beginning. Did you have Caleb early? Did you have a c/s (sorry can't remember). If I were close to the end of a month I'd join the next one too, since Nathan and Teresa were 5 and 4 days late.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search