2013 Resolutions

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Kris~
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 2 Post By white.house
  • 1 Post By ~SavedbyGrace~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What are you planning to work on?
January 2nd, 2013, 06:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. Get Teresa potty trained
2. Get pregnant!
3. MOVE!!!
4. Keep emergency fund at 3 months of expenses (we're at ~8.5 months now, but that will drop significantly when we close on the new house)
5. Keep eating out/family outings(museums/zoo memberships, etc)/vacations total to under $500/month.
6. Be more generous with our donations
7. Run 2 races
8. Incorporate more veggies into our meals
9. Be more understanding about hubby going to the airport
10. Have more family game/puzzle/movie nights at home
11. Learn to sew/first project: cloth napkins
RunningWithBoys likes this.

Last edited by ~Kris~; January 4th, 2013 at 07:22 AM.
January 2nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
2 firm ones with 3 possible ones

Firm ones
1. Call my sister every other Saturday. We have been living via text and email for the past 4 years. I need to work on that relationship so I figured a good ole fashion phone call is the best way to go. Our schedules are so conflicting that Saturday is really the only day we can talk.

2. Invite a different family/friend over at least once a month. We have some friends we hang out with almost every Friday night. We've become lazy about entertaining since Luke has been born. We used to have different people over for dinner every week. I can't handle that, but I can handle having some other friends over. I even have a list of 12 people/families I want to invite. LOL!

Ones I am still mulling over
3. Do weights every other Saturday. I need weight training. I am stronger, leaner, have a better body image. I just get lazy and want to nap or get on the internet or have some down time while the kids nap on Saturday. If I plan to do it every other Sat (on top of 2 days a week of Pilates and 3 runs) I should be fine.

4. Stay unplugged from 5-7. I did really good at this when I first established that rule. But I have gotten lazy. It's like a little escape from reality for me. With my new position, I can't really do any social media (beside Twitter - but that's really for my job) during the work day. So when I get home I want to scan FB and IG real quick. Well, when you've been 'off' of it all day, those posts add up and I really need to be focused on the kids and my husband. I just don't know if I can stick to this resolution....that's why I am scared. I have never made a resolution in which I have to do something everyday. I learned my lesson a while ago with that. It's unrealistic for me.

5. Get my second tattoo. I have been talking about this tattoo for years. I know what I want. I have drawn it. I have narrowed it's location on my body to 2 spots. I just need to do it.

January 2nd, 2013, 08:26 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I've decided to make my resolution to be slower to speak and quicker to listen. I always only make one resolution and this is a very difficult enough one for me.

Amanda - I want to see this tattoo. Plus the one you already have!

January 3rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
1. Focus on money/spending better. Follow the Dave Ramsey class we are taking

2. Meal Plan/Prep ahead better, so that we eat out less.

3. Stay off my phone in the evenings and focus on family time.

January 3rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Here are some of mine so far, but I am still working on them and compared to all of yours some might seem really silly but I'm not joking

1) Talk more about my joys than my gripes. Basically I want this year to be more about the positive than the negative. 2011 was very hard on our family, 2012 was a year of healing, and for this year I would like for it to be a year of joy.

2) Unplugged from when D gets home from work til bedtime.

3) Dance more (I know this sounds so silly, but for me this correlates with number one on my list)

4) Write more letters (yes, snail mail) to friends and family. I started this last year around October and I want to be better about it in 2012.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 4th, 2013, 06:16 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Work in progress....

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; January 4th, 2013 at 08:48 AM.
January 4th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Added another one
January 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Well, my first resolution is to make resolutions. I've never been one to do it, but I would like to become more goal oriented. Seriously. (I might have said that last year too. )

So...here is what I've got so far:

1. Family Bible time...and not give up around April. We are only committing to 1 chapter a day, and that is more than doable. We usually try for 3 a day, and can't keep up once Adam goes back to work.

2. Wash my face morning and night. I've been horrible about this and my skin is in hideous condition. Seems silly, but I'm dead set on this one.

3. Establish an Etsy store and keep it up to date and hopefully make a few sales.

4. Establish a better eating routine. I've been all over the map with "diets" this last year...and I'm right back where I started.

5. Exercise. Even if it's only 2-3 times a week taking a walk. I want to do more, but don't wanna set the bar too high that I won't reach it. So, at least a 30 minute walk 2-3 times a week.

6. Continue doing the budget together WITH Adam.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search