2013 Vacations

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is anyone planning a fun vacation this year? Where are you going? Are you taking your LO(s)?
January 15th, 2013, 07:29 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No plans yet. We may head down to mil's place in Arizona next fall or we may just stay and work on our place in Washington State. IDK, whatever it is, it's going to cheap!

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

January 16th, 2013, 06:10 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea. We had thought about trying to get away (just the two of us) before the baby comes, like maybe in February. But...since we have made no plans at all, I don't know if that will happen. We keep saying one of these years that we're going to take a real vacation, but I just don't know if this is the year, with a new baby coming and all. We'll see.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 16th, 2013, 06:30 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As a family we are going to Navarre Beach, FL for spring break (mar 30-April 6).

We will likely go camping/to Michigan Adventure sometime this summer too. Otherwise it's a vacation every weekend with the pool
*Izzy's*Mommy* likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 06:37 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going to CA in a few weeks. It's for granny's funeral service and to scatter her, so not exactly a "fun" trip though we will go to Disneyland and ill get to see old friends I haven't seen in a few years etc.

January 16th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I want to go to Disney, to a few fun places in PA, and the beach. I want to go to Jamaica for myself

January 16th, 2013, 07:17 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I'm not sure yet, We definitely don't have any plans made but we've discussed taking a short trip to the beach or something before baby comes..it'd be nice to take a trip but I really want DH to save his PTO for when the baby comes.
January 16th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my PTO bank is completely drained...so no major vacations on the horizon for me.

My friend and her husband are going to Orlando in March on a 4 day, 3 night vacation...and asked us to go with them. We might do that, since it would mean only missing 2 days of work, if they did it on the weekend. I'm not sure whether we want to go or not, though. They want to go to Disney and all sorts of other touristy stuff...and my brother just moved from Orlando a couple months ago & we visited him probably 6 times a year, for the last few years, i feel like we've done enough Disney and touristy crap down there.
January 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
We've talked a little about it but I don't really want to take a vacation pregnant or with a newborn so I'm not sure.

January 16th, 2013, 08:34 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Karen, Kristen and I had talked about going to Sea World so hopefully either make that happen or maybe do Disney again.

Audrey and I will also be flying up to Sioux Falls at some point to see family.

I'd also like to take a trip somewhere different. I thought about maybe something on the east coast. (Maybe Georgia to see my peach Sally)

It's funny all the plans you can make when your income triples. Lol.
*Izzy's*Mommy* and Sally5 like this.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
January 16th, 2013, 02:38 PM
MominNOVA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I are climbing into the car along with our Lab sometime in Feb or March and will head out to AZ. DH has a sister who lives north of Phoenix and I have a cousin right in P.

It's going to be a looooong car trip for us, but we're driving fools.

January 16th, 2013, 02:50 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MominNOVA View Post
DH and I are climbing into the car along with our Lab sometime in Feb or March and will head out to AZ. DH has a sister who lives north of Phoenix and I have a cousin right in P.

It's going to be a looooong car trip for us, but we're driving fools.
OMG. I would go nuts in the car that long!!!!
We are driving to Florida with the kids and I am dreading the drive. The longest we've been in the car was 7 hrs & that was not planned. We got stuck in a blizzard going to Chicago. DH really wants to drive straight through I told him I'd do it in the way home. But no way in h.e.l.l on the way there.
January 16th, 2013, 04:18 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going to Orlando in March and we are going to Disneyworld and Sea World!! This will be our first time at both so we are super excited!

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
January 16th, 2013, 05:24 PM
We have 3 for sure trips we are taking. We are going up north next month to a place called Bearizona because my parents got us tickets for Christmas. We also have a trip already booked for next December to go up north and do the Polar Express train ride at the Grand Canyon Railway which we are SO excited about. That'll be the weekend before Christmas. We are also planning a trip to CA to do Sea World and maybe Knott's Berry Farm (saving Disneyland for 2014) and do the beach, visit my family, etc. That will probably be a trip we take on a long weekend. But what I really want to do is take a REAL vacation... to like Hawaii or something. So I am gonna try to make that happen.
January 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
MominNOVA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nicole, do they still have that train ride from Williams to the Grand Canyon where bandits ride horses along side the train, board it and "rob" the passengers ? My sons went on this train ride when they were 8 and 12 and loved it.

The Polar Express sounds wonderful.

January 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MominNOVA View Post
Nicole, do they still have that train ride from Williams to the Grand Canyon where bandits ride horses along side the train, board it and "rob" the passengers ? My sons went on this train ride when they were 8 and 12 and loved it.

The Polar Express sounds wonderful.
Yep, same railway that does the Polar Express! When Major is older we want to do that train ride. It's kinda pricey so we want to be sure he will understand it a little.
January 16th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have no exact plans, but I think we may try to do DisneyWorld sometime next Fall......

January 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Shannon, let me know when you're coming this way if you have time to meet up. I know you might be busy with family too so I totally understand if it doesn't work out too.

Jenna, we better do Sera World this summer! Not really a vacation for me though....

Nicole I must mace DH look up the polar express train. Connor would LOVE that. Maybe I can talk DH into it one year.

Anyone else planning to head this way let me know. Might be able to swing getting you into Disneyland if the timing is right

We're only planning a camping trip sometime this summer. Wish we could take a real vacation bit odds not in the budget right now.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

January 16th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I dunno about *fun*... my brother and SIL are supposed to renew their vows this summer and have the wedding they didn't get in the first place. So we're planning on going up for that week and visit with the family. I just need to figure out if it's going to be the week before or week after.

January 16th, 2013, 09:38 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We want to go somewhere fun in September. I don't want to miss the summer here and all the fun beach time.

We might do a tropical 2 week all inclusive. We've done Mexico a few times and Jamaica, so maybe the bahama's this time. If we don't do the all inclusive, we're just going to go to Maui for a month (we have a family condo there). We just need to save, save, save so we can stay the whole month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search