movies

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Izzy's*Mommy*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM
megpie
When was the last time you went to a movie theater?

Do you ALWAYS get something to eat when you go?

What--nachos, candy, drink, etc?

Do you ever sneak food/drinks in your purse/bag?
January 16th, 2013, 02:09 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably 2-3 months ago. We almost always get at least a drink, and usually popcorn and/or candy (unless we just ate dinner or something). DH used to always sneak in food.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 16th, 2013, 02:43 PM
MominNOVA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to the movies last week with a friend to see Anna Karenina. Since we had lunch at a restaurant beforehand we didn't need any goodies or drinks.

I really want to see Hitchcock next. In fact, I'm watching a few of his old movies to get in the right mood.

January 16th, 2013, 02:46 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We saw Wreck It Ralph as a family around Thanksgiving, I think.

I typically let the kids get a snack pack---popcorn/fruit snacks/drink.

I don't always get something myself. And I'm more likely to sneak in food for me. I don't mind getting the kids the snack pack when we go.
January 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
We went in October. We always get popcorn and usually air heads and something to drink. I've never snuck anything in.

January 16th, 2013, 03:56 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When was the last time you went to a movie theater? Whenever Pitch Perfect came out...

Do you ALWAYS get something to eat when you go? Usually.

What--nachos, candy, drink, etc? Popcorn, candy and a soda.

Do you ever sneak food/drinks in your purse/bag? Most of the time...hehe. When my BFF was pregnant she once snuck a whole McDonalds meal into the theater! Haha and she is a coke drinker so since the theater only serves Pepsi she always sneaks a 32oz coke into the theater!!

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
January 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I saw This is 40 like 2wks ago
I always get popcorn and a pop b/c I am a fatty

January 16th, 2013, 07:00 PM
megpie
I ALWAYS get $1 candy at Walgreens and sneak it in...sometimes soda, too. haha....and THEN get popcorn at the movies.

I've NEVER been to the movies without food AND a drink. It's a prerequisite for sure, dudes!

I haven't been to the theater since August!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterm View Post
When was the last time you went to a movie theater? Whenever Pitch Perfect came out...

Do you ALWAYS get something to eat when you go? Usually.

What--nachos, candy, drink, etc? Popcorn, candy and a soda.

Do you ever sneak food/drinks in your purse/bag? Most of the time...hehe. When my BFF was pregnant she once snuck a whole McDonalds meal into the theater! Haha and she is a coke drinker so since the theater only serves Pepsi she always sneaks a 32oz coke into the theater!!
OMG LOL! too funny!
January 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Last month, we saw the Hobbit. I usually get a drink. I used to always get popcorn, but not so much anymore. I'm not a sneaker.

January 16th, 2013, 09:43 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember always sneaking booze into the theater when I was younger. Made the movie experience way more fun!

These days I usually always get a snack, candy or frozen yogurt at the theater. If I sneak anything in, it's usually a bottle of water, since they charge an s-load for water there.

I haven't been to a movie since Malachi was born, so maybe the last one was in October.
MominNOVA likes this.

January 17th, 2013, 11:09 AM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Daryn and I went to see the Hobbit a couple of weeks ago. I don't normally get anything to eat at the movies but we did this time because we forgot to eat dinner. Bad mom, I know.. We each got a buttered popcorn and a pop. I got out of the habit of buying snacks to go to the movies when I was in my early 20s. I had a lot of friends who were film buffs and we would sometimes see 2-3 independant films in a day. There was no way I could have eaten (or paid for) snacks at all so I snacked at none.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

January 17th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having a brain fart and cant recall the last movie we watched but it was probably a month or so ago.

We get popcorn and Pepsi if we're hungry but usually we have dinner then catch an evening or late movie. I loveeeee sun flower seeds so I do sneek those in and I usually carry a water bottle in my purse.

Oh man once DH and I both got a Pepsi and while I was into the movie I picked up what I thought was my drink only to realize mins later that it was not mine but the stranger sitting on my left!!!! Omg I nearly died and was so embarrassed that I couldn't say anything and I know she noticed cause she never took another sip from her drink but also didn't say anything! Holy crap was there a huge elephant in the room!
January 18th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I don't particularly like going to movie theaters so I haven't been in a long time but I love their popcorn.
I've been to the drive in. Concessions are so expensive though so we usually take food.
January 18th, 2013, 08:43 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the last movie we saw was avengers. We always get a drink and usually sneak food in!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
January 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
MominNOVA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koti View Post
I don't particularly like going to movie theaters so I haven't been in a long time but I love their popcorn.
I've been to the drive in.
Dakota, there are still drive ins ?

January 19th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last time was Brave, in the summer.

Always spend too much on food... Popcorn, chips, soda, candy... That's the beauty of the movies! Lol

And I once snuck in a whole McDonald's meal too... But I was a teenager and both of us did (my BFF and I). We were craving chicken mcnuggets (Ew)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search