New monmy friends

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RachaelDMommaTo3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 05:55 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When was the last time you met a new mommy friend and hooked up for play dates? How did you meet?

January 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Never...

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

January 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post

Never...
Me neither. With both DH and I working parents, when we go do stuff on the weekends we are always together as a family of 3 so there's not many opportunities to meet people. Plus, working outside of the home, we don't have much time for playdates because we like to all be together on weekends.

However, at Major's bday party last weekend, DH and I were able to connect with the parents of his little BFF at daycare and we both really liked them. We agreed to keep in touch and I'm hopeful that that turns into a friendship.
January 18th, 2013, 10:36 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
It's been awhile..at least a year.
January 18th, 2013, 11:13 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This morning a mom from the old daycare came over with her 2 YO that Chase adores. The mom brought coffee & we chatted while the boys played & the baby napped.
January 18th, 2013, 11:44 AM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Never....
January 18th, 2013, 12:46 PM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
I meet new mommy friends every week! I am a leader of the MOPS group here, so we're always meeting new mommies and we have playdates separately as well. When you don't have any family around and you don't know anyone... you kinda have to get out there and meet some people!
gina! likes this.

January 18th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Amazona's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I've ever met anyone through my kids that I bonded with. I do play dates with friends who have kids Max's age, but we were friends before.

January 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post

Never...
Ditto. I don't have the time to cram a playdate into a weekend. I basically don't see any friends in person anymore. I just don't have the time. 8 hours of work Monday to Friday plus a total of 3 hours commute means no free time on weekdays and weekends are packed with errands, housework and seeing family. 2-3 weekday nights are taken up with Daryn's sports. Cory and I both come from big families so they take a lot of our free time as well. We're also working on building our cabin in Washington State so if we actually get caught up we head down there to work.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

January 18th, 2013, 07:33 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last May. We see each other to chat and let the kiddos play often. Both of our husbands are deployed so it is nice to have someone who knows how I feel and who I can vent to without being judged. It is a plus that our kiddos love each other.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
January 19th, 2013, 07:45 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazona View Post
I don't think I've ever met anyone through my kids that I bonded with. I do play dates with friends who have kids Max's age, but we were friends before.
Same with us. Most of Izzy's friends are because I'm friends with their mom's. I have re-connected with friends because of us having children as well. I have met one new friend I guess. She was a friend of Chris's in high school, we chatted at various functions, became FB friends (lol), and now we text a lot and have play dates with the kids. Her son, Cian, is only 8 months older than Izzy, and her new daughter, Stella, is a month younger than Kai.

January 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Never.

Not for planned playdates or anything. We plan for full family-dates and dinners and such...

~~~~~~
January 19th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't remember...... I even feel like lately my old mommy friends, friends I have had since childhood, aren't even "friends" anymore
Most of my friends these days are people I work with, 20 some year olds with no kids I have nothing in common with!!!! But I love them

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search