Religious Services

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By Momma-J

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness. How is your toddler for you during mass/church/service?

Teresa is so fidgety and noisy! Such a chatterbox. Mass usually goes something like this:

Oooh, cross! Look, cross! Look mama, cross. Look daddy, cross!
Nice music! <Dancing/wiggling to music>
Hi people!
My book. My paper (song sheet out of book). Want pencil! (No) WHY? Want it!
More noise.......we tell her to whisper....Whisper? Why? <said louder than before!>
Hi people!
That speaker? (Yes) Oh yes, that speaker! Music?
Go to daddy. Go to mama. Get down.
My chair. Don't touch me!
<Waves to people behind us>
Ooohs, bells! I like bells! I ring bells! I get them! (No) WHY?
Let's go for walk! Right now!
All done! (No) WHY?
More music?
Where cross?
Go home? (No) WHY?

That's a brief summary! I'm lucky if she goes a minute without saying something. I feel like we spend most of the mass telling her not to do things/talk loudly! She has her church books to read, but she wants to move and has one volume: LOUD!!!

Thankfully most of the people are understanding. There is one lady who I saw look back at us and make a face today, but she's pretty witchy. I've also watched her turn around and make faces at the older lady who has a daughter who is probably 40+ with Tourettes. I've heard her tell her lady friend that sits by her that the other lady shouldn't be there if she can't control her. That really bugged me!!!! Unfortunately Teresa has also mimicked the noises the lady makes during church. And she laughs. I know she doesn't understand why she shouldn't do it, but it's still embarrassing!

Last edited by ~Kris~; January 27th, 2013 at 06:25 PM.
January 28th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I was at church with all three by myself today. They were not perfect but I couldn't have asked for them to behave better. Beau is nonverbal except at church he is quiet when he talks. I sit in the front so I don't see. Anyone upset with me.
January 28th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually had good luck yesterday at mass b/c i used the nursery. Do you guys have that option? We had tried several times before but Drake would scream and we would end up having to go get him and just leave. I guess he is growing up though and not minding being left anymore. But yes when i tried him in the chapel he was running a muck in there and it was pretty much pointless to me that we were going b/c i heard nothing.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
January 29th, 2013, 11:19 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
He is usually awesome during signing and can make it about 15-30 minutes depending on the day. After that, he's done. He typically enjoys going to Children's Church, though, so he does that. The handful of times I've taken him to mass (we typically go to a nondenominational service now), though, he's been amazing. It baffles me Maybe God is telling me to go to mass more?
Happy Song likes this.

January 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
He's slowly improving! He will try to sing all the songs now and say "Amen" really loudly at the end of prayers, during communion I usually distract him with a snack and have a book at the ready, the sermon is the most challenging part. We make sure to pack his back pack full of distractions! Most everyone smiles at him and doesn't mind or comments on how well he did (even when I am super embarrassed).

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
January 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a nursery at our church so Mackenzie usually goes there but sometimes we have her with us and she does ok....people are usually really good about it and smile at her a lot.

January 30th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thankfully we have a highly-encouraged nursery and aside from his dedication have never had him in service with us. I say thankfully because my child does not like to sit still and be contained so it would be a disaster at this stage for sure!
RunningWithBoys likes this.

February 1st, 2013, 06:38 AM
Momma-J's Avatar Teach Empathy!
Haddyn goes to her class with the other kids her age. My Los would love to go together but it's designed to teach for their age. Haddyn usually cries at first and Holden sometimes cries still. However, when we leave they are all excited and telling us all the stuff they learned. So cute. I love them going and learning on their level and I then can be completely devoted to worship
RunningWithBoys likes this.

Blessed Beyond Measure!
Hailey 17, Hollyn 15, Harper 12
Hudson 6, Holden 4 & Haddyn 2
February 3rd, 2013, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Right now the curch we go to has our mass in the school's hall (used for gym, cafeteria, etc) because they have a Spanish mass in church at the same time. If the new church has a cry room I have a feeling we will be sitting there where it won't matter quite so much if she is quiet or not!
February 3rd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Usually Rogan is ok, He love to sing at the top of his lungs. But he goes to the childrens church for the most part.

February 4th, 2013, 08:29 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Jenny and Megan - that is exactly what we have. I volunteer at my service (announcements, tweeting, etc) so I am running almost full speed the entire service. Through tweeting though I can lose myself in the service and must pay 100% attention so I can tweet out the right stuff, LOL! (If you are on Twitter you can follow us here.) Anyway, I love the curriculum they have for Evan and Luke's room. Luke's room may not do actually teaching, but they do sit in a circle and sing songs like Jesus loves me, etc. Evan's room as a designated curriculum where they learn bible stories. They have a story, songs, craft and sometime a little drama production thrown in there. It's cute to hear Evan retell me the story he learned.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search