sleeptime issues

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drake had become a pretty darn good sleeper. He woke pretty early but otherwise he loved going to bed. For the last few nights it has just been miserable. He still wants to go to bed but he no longer wants me in there reading to him he only wants DH so that he can "rub my ear and stuff" and then he reads to him. No biggie. But then he started waking up at all hours of the night and opening his door and just walking around the house. I hear him immediately b/c we are in a small house and his room is right next to ours but it has been beating me down b/c i am so tired the next day and so is he. So we get the door safety thing last night and try that. He will figure it out fast but at least for last night he had not. It got him horribly upset when he realized he could not open it. Then it was like we were back to CIO and he wailed for an hour. Then to top it off he got up and slept by his door which we had finally gotten him to stop. Such a random situation there probably is not specific advice that anyone has but I am just so frustrated with it all i wanted to share.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
January 29th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you getting things ready for the baby? I wonder if seeing things change around the house and seeing your tummy grow is making him nervous about change. That could be why he wants DH in with him (mama's not the same as she used to be). Not saying that in a hurtful way, just saying what he might be thinking. I know my oldest started wanting hubby in his bed for a few minutes before bed with I was pregnant with #2...he told me I was too big to share his bed! It was good for us though, because I knew he'd be okay going to bed for hubby once #2 had arrived. Can your DH be the one to get up with him at night so you can get your rest?

I'm not a fan of child proof handles on bedroom doors-I always worry about it they truly need to get out at night and I would feel wrong locking them in somewhere, but what about a gate across his door? That way he could still see out the door to know you are there if he needs that comfort? Or what about one in a hallway that would prevent him from getting to the rest of the house?
January 29th, 2013, 08:04 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Is he cutting his molars? Elaina was a great all night sleeper until her molars started coming in....then she was up several times unless we gave her some Motrin. She's been cutting them for a few months now and they are finally about 1/2 way in but they still bother her at night sometimes and she'll wake up and ask for medicine. I hope you figure it out soon, that sounds awful. ((hugs))

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

January 29th, 2013, 10:48 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Max has always been a good sleeper, with a few exceptions at various points in his life. A few weeks ago, he started waking up and calling for me to come wipe his nose So I started leaving a box of tissues by his bed. Then he started waking up crying and saying he was scared. I THINK he had a few bad dreams. I know it's hard and tiring, but I've just always worked through the phases. I have let Max CIO at bedtime some, but I typically always get up with him in the middle of the night, so he knows he's not alone. Plus, it helps me reassure him and I that I'll be there if he really needs something. I've let him CIO to get back to sleep if he just wants to play, though. I'm kind of rambling, haha, and I guess that's not really advice. Just how I do it. Hopefully Drake goes back to his routine soon

January 29th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. I can't do a baby gate b/c Drake can just hop them now. I took him to a store today that has a completely walled in play area. I turned a corner to peek at something and heard him say mommy so i went right back and he was gone. I freaked out and low and behond that little sucker had climbed a 3 1/2 foot wall and was running around the store!
I have wondered about the teething. I can't see in there so i really have no idea. He has had a cough and sniffle for like a month. Took steroids and i did breathing treatments and it never helped. I wondered if that could have been related to teething. I will try some advil for bed tonight and see if it happens to help.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search