Update on us <3

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JennaBee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
**warning sensitive information- child medical issues mentioned**

Long long time since JM and I have connected. I keep up with a bunch of you on Facebook but thought I might update here as well. Sorry if it is inappropriate. No hard feelings if a mod needs to delete it.

The last year has been a blur. 2 years ago Christmas we found out we were expecting again. Our lives forever changed when we learned we were having a son. <3

In the same time frame our sweetpea Paige was having a lot of developmental problems. At 20 months she was completely non-verbal. Very introverted, withdrawn. Although her gross motor skills were off the charts the rest were dramatically delayed. She had tubes placed a year ago and just last summer after months and months of therapies, interventions, developmental pediatricians she was diagnosed Autistic. Since her diagnosis we have received specialized care for her and she is made ginormous strides! She now has roughly 10 word vocabulary, smiles at you, waves hi, and is starting to really engage. Like her sister she is also starting to show signs of Sensory Processing Disorder and the implementation of sensory activities and visual cues has made great progress. she is an amazing athlete and thoroughly enjoys playing outside. Currently sledding is her new favorite experience.

Evelyn turned 4 in January and is in preschool now! (how did that happen?!) She is doing fantastic in school. We had to pull her from her extra stuff this year but she has become such a little Mommy! She now gets to ride a bus to school and thinks it is the best thing in the world! She loves to paint and color and has quite a love of arts and crafts like her Momma!

Our miracle Jason was born August 16th, he held holds the record for the longest pregnancy and biggest baby at 37 weeks gestation and 7lbs 19.5"! He had a very traumatic birth and was evident immediately that something wasn't quite right. During the induction when it came time to push his heart dropped, they flipped and flopped me and evchentually vacuumed him then again heart drops, vacuumed again and ended up dislocated my hip bone trying to make him more room. heart stopped. The nursed jumped on my stomach and pushed down as the doc vacuumed again. Jason was born unresponsive. Deep suction and compressions and what seemed like eternity later he started to squeak and breathe. A few days later we checked out of the hospital and thought all was well. But soon we realized again something wasn't quite right. We spent the next 6 weeks nursing and seeing doctor after doctor. Jason had a lot of problems with his bowels, apnea, chronic congestion, GERD and tolerating feeds. He latched great but couldn't handle volumes in his mouth. he would choke gag and turn blue. At 6 weeks we were admitted to Children's Hospital and it has been our home more than not the last several months. It was a revolving door of fixing one problem and diagnosing another. Just 2 days ago Jason had his 4th surgery to place a permanent feeding tube in his belly. It bypasses the stomach and feeds his small intestine. Recovery has been challenging but he is making a lot of progress and we hope to go home soon. So what lies ahead for Jason? Currently we have learned that he cannot swallow. Everything he swallows goes into his airway. So he will be on the feeding tube. He has a bowel motility issue that he cannot move his bowels appropriately so he is on medications for that. He has chronic upper airway congestion and we have breathing treatments and meds for that. He has severe GERD which is neutralized by meds and the feeding tube bypasses the stomach so he wont aspirate (inhale) his reflux. We drain his stomach often to prevent this as well. The hard pill to swallow came when we learned that what we thought was apnea is actually seizures. They are testing him now and we consult with neurology later. We have an amazing team of doctors who are working collaboratively to find us an underlying diagnosis for everything that is happening to better treat him and give a better prognosis we have been told too many times to count that he may not make it but my baby is a true fighter. Everyone comments how he is the "happiest little sick kid" lol For now we treat what we see, prevent further damage, and just love him with everything that we have <3 The fantastic news we got just yesterday was from his GI doc telling us if he remains stable the next few months we can start adding breastmilk back to his diet this spring! I am still crazy pumping holding out for that visit

So that's pretty much in a short nutshell what has been going on in our lives. I fill my time educating myself on how to better care for my kids. I absorb every minute I have with them. In the "free" time (lol) I knit and sew outfits for the kids, craft hair bows and teddy bears and sensory toys. The girls are just startting to reach the age where they can and want to help so it's become a lot more fun to do projects with them There's a lot of challenges but we have some amazing kids who love themselves and love one another. Full of love laughter and tender moments and no matter what bumps our road has we are truly blessed.

I think of you all often and miss you all dearly. I wish nothing but the best for all of you. Many blessings love and laughter. <3

Here's a bunch of pics of us. <3 Sorry for the sizes :/

Sweetpea Paige

Evie

Sibling love

Jason

My favorite pic of him without a tube <3

My girls <3

Last edited by JennaBee; February 2nd, 2013 at 10:44 AM. Reason: ADDING PICS
February 2nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
, , and more

I can't imagine what this past year must have been like for you. Thank you for updating us. I hope that Paige and Jason keep making progress. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
February 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OH, Jenna!!! I was wondering about the medical issues and WOW! You are a strong mama to go through all that, and he's such a sweetie! ((HUGS)) I pray that all of this settles and your kiddos continue to make great strives to health and keep up their great spirits and sweet tendencies! I could not imagine how taxing that must have been (or still be) for you and your family. Poor little guy.

I'm so happy to see you back! Don't be a stranger! This could be where you lose a little reality and dive into other things, and also share what's going on with your family!

Lots of prayers your way, sweetie!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Jenna,
It's so GREAT to see you back! I hope maybe you can find some support here and maybe if there is another board with Mommies who are dealing with placement of the feeding tube as well. I have been following you as you know on FB and my heart has ached for you with what you have had to endure. Your kiddos are just beautiful and they are so lucky to have such a wonderful Mother looking out for them.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

February 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
What a tough year! I hope the kiddos continue to progress and things get easier for you all soon.

February 3rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Mommas!! It's amazing what strength you find for your children. <3 Today we are 3 days post GJ op and he's having some difficulties recovering. We are working with the teams of doctors to try and better stabilize him.

In the meantime at home Paige has learned how to put on her shoes. All of the shoes in the house lol. She dilligently put on my husbands size 14 sneakers and attempted to walk through the living room lol. And we learned a new 'word' "umble" (fumble) whenever she drops something lol. Clearly too much TV time with daddy!! lol
*MomofO&Nat* likes this.
February 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OOOOH... new vocabulary just in time for the Super Bowl

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 3rd, 2013, 12:42 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Welcome back!!! I have been following your babe on FB

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
February 3rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Welcome back hon!

Glad you are back with us. Please come back as often as you can so we can see more about those sweet babes and you. I will be praying for everyone in your family as I can't imagine how stressful this past year has been for you guys.

February 3rd, 2013, 07:16 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
to Coetta! I hope things start to turn around and only continue to improve for all of your LOs and that you hold onto the strength to fight with them through their struggles.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
February 4th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Momma-J's Avatar Teach Empathy!
Thanks for the update... I'm sorry things have been so rough for you. I hope and pray things get a easier for all of you and the kids continue to improve. Stay strong and just love those babies.

Blessed Beyond Measure!
Hailey 17, Hollyn 15, Harper 12
Hudson 6, Holden 4 & Haddyn 2
February 4th, 2013, 07:11 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Thank you for the update, Jenna! I'm so glad that your girls continue to grow and learn and are doing so well I'll keep your family and your sweet boy in my prayers.

February 4th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really glad to see you back on here, Jenna. I see your FB updates often and wasn't quite sure exactly what all you had going on. I can't imagine how tough this road has been for you all but I'm glad to hear that for now all of your babies are doing well considering. I will keep your family and baby Jason in my prayers. I hope they are able to give him the help he needs and he starts having more infrequent hospital visits soon. I cannot believe how light Miss Paige's hair has gotten! You make beautiful children!

February 6th, 2013, 07:58 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Welcome back! I'm glad you posted but so sorry to read of all you've been through. Sounds like you are doing what needs to be done!! Prayers!
February 7th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be thinking of you and your family. Hugs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search