"NO! I don't want potty trained!"

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't been on in over a year I think. That's crazy! lol.

Vinny now has a little sister but even before Kara was born he was refusing to potty train. Now Kara is 4 1/2 months and Vinny still isn't willing/ready. Anyone else have little ones not ready or willing to potty train?

February 5th, 2013, 06:46 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam goes pee on the potty but not all the time, he has no desire to poop on the potty or wear underwear. I am not pushing it at this point, my daughter didn't train until just before her 3rd birthday so I am ok just waiting it out for now. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Congrats on the new baby!
February 5th, 2013, 09:43 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Mia has been fairly difficult too.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
February 6th, 2013, 04:58 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alicia was extremely difficult and not interested at all either. Underwear resulted in full blown tantrums even after she was fully trained she was wearing diapers for at least a month and pull ups gave her a rash. Anyhow, I dont think she was "ready" per say but I was sick of changing 2 diapers. So I was kinda pushing to do it. I had the potty in the family room and watched her like HAWK for 2 days lol. Still nothing came of it, but I knew when she had to poop, she would go hide somewhere. So I would run and get her, but usually it was too late or she wouldn't go on the potty and just wait.

After 2/3 days, I decided to make a potty chart and told her everytime she went pee pee or poo poo she would get a sticker, small one for peeing, big one for popping and I went to walmart and stocked up on hundreds of stickers lol. That seriously worked like a charm she was trained in no time. She was sooooo excited to get a sticker I think she would make up or force pee's sometimes just to get one lol. We did this in Nov and haven't had an accident since not even over night Maybe you can try something like that? IDK if it will work cause I am sure every kid as their own time/willingness to be trained so anything you try might not work? I just kept trying different things but if I wasn't changing 2 diapers I probably wouldnt have tried and just let her train on her own.

Underwear were a whole different story, I had to show her that mommy was wearing underwear and big girls wear them, have her pick the ones she wanted to wear at the store etc and that worked too.

February 7th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
James isn`t ready yet. He sometimes likes sitting on the toilet, then flushing it, but he still seems pretty oblivious when he is peeing. I`m not in a rush to train him though. I`m not looking forward to cleaning pee off the floor and throwing out poopy underwear. But I will get on him this summer if he`s not trained yet, so that he can go to preschool in September.
February 24th, 2013, 09:26 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
None of my kids have been trained before 3. Amber is doing great on the training though. But like I said, my other 3 were all 3. So I wouldn't stress over it.

February 27th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Akadia wants nothing to do with potty training. We are just starting back at it now that things have calmed down from having baby #2. Last night, I tried a little "naked" time, but that ended up with me cleaning poo off the kitchen floor - the entire kitchen floor, one end to the next. Miralax & Naked time don't mix...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search