would you buy this?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
NuRoo Pocket Baby-Wearing Shirt
February 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Nope..why pay $60 when you can just do skin to skin for free?
February 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ok, i'll go ahead and tell y'all why i was asking.

a "friend" of mine created this FB group for moms. Its a total dud, and she posted this morning wondering why no one ever responds to her topics. so, when she posted a link of this shirt, i decided to join in the conversation, to give her page some traffic. this is the following conversation about the stupid shirt:

Robin Turner - I vote weird lol. I get the concept but honestly that doesn't look comfortable for baby or mom

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - I havent tried it, i think id like it if baby was really small and it was cold out...? Lol

Heather - ^ i consider myself a busy mom, but when my kids were newborn, I could find time to do some skin on skin (like when i was feeding them, or sleeping with them). I didnt need to tuck them in my shirt while doing the dishes.

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - Lol a pro--- there are wraps that are pretty difficult, i think i would have preferred this over one of those hard to use wraps. A con---it just looks like you stuck your baby in your shirt!.... No words need to be said at how strange that sounds! Lol

Shaina Ashleigh Ranjan - I'm not sure why it would be weird...

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - Wearing your baby in your shirt just seems odd. To me. :-)

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - I was pleasantly surprised to see Rosie with her newborn. I like this side of her much better than the stand up comedian side.

Heather - It is odd. Its not weird to "wear" your baby in a carrier, like an ergo or moby. (I did it) And its not weird to do skin on skin or "kangaroo care". What is weird, to me, is that you cant find moments in your day to just sit and hold your baby against yourself? Not during a nap? Or during a feeding? Are you seriously on your feet every moment of the day, that you have to tuck your baby inside your shirt to get some quality skin on skin time with your baby?

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - Mothers with lots of kids, working moms from home... Possibly this could benefit.

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - Or for moms with arm/shoulder pain... It seems like it would give your arms a break?

Heather - Mother with lots of kids never sit down and feed their baby?

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - No, mothers with lots of kids and a newborn may find this useful when using both arms to care for lots of small toddlers/kids.

Heather - Maybe a better word than "weird", is "unnecessary" - but of course, thats just my opinion.

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - There are wraps and carriers... Ive never seen a shirt carrier. It does seem unecessary to me as well.

Heather - Oh, no. Like I said above about the carriers. I understand the need for carriers...needing arms free. (Trey wasnt even 2 when Olivia was born) But THIS is one $60 shirt. So unless you plan on buying many of these $60 shirts, or wearing the same one every single day, I dont see the point.

Jazmin Price - Well I like it! Who am I to say what is weird or not? There are many things that other parents do that I find weird, unacceptable, unnecessary or bad decision making! Who cares if someone wants to spend $60 on a shirts it's their cheddar! I have 2 wraps, 2 slings and an ergo PKU I invested in nice nursings tanks t $50 a piece all to make my life a bit easier... $60 for a shirt? Sure if that's what that moms needs/ wants...

Heather - You just stated your opinion, yet in the first sentence you asked "who am I to say whether its weird or not?". I think you very clearly stated that you thought it was, "not". And that's fine, because im fairly certain we're all entitled to our own opinion. But dont get all high and mighty because my opinion differs from yours.

Jazmin Price - Wow! This group is becoming very edifying and supportive of group think... I simply find words like "weird" very negative and unsupportive! Simple because you wouldn't do t or couldn't afford I didn't make it weird or unneeded... But I'll stop being all high and mighty! Thanks for humbling me...

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - Remember the rules ladies!!! No arguing please... My rules are please comment with support, encouragement and no judgment or rudeness. I liked your comment, Jazmin... And heard your intention. You were being light hearted and talking like we are on the couch together chit chatting. Lets keep it like that ladies. Thanks!

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - Heather, she wasnt being high and mighty... Just stating her opinion... As i want and hope everyone does. I certainly hope you see that and arent offended by her comments.

Heather - On one hand you say there are many things you find weird, unnecessary, or bad decision making that other parents do, yet you find words like that unsupportive? My point was, I think it was unnecessary. I still do. But you obviously think its a terrific idea. So buy it. Buy 3. Please do. But I dont think im being "unsupportive", by stating my opinion on an inanimate object.

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard - You are starting an argument with someone just discussing their opinions. No one is conpeting to be right, just the pros and cons of a product. No need to get offended.

Regina Burns - I loved baby wearing I wanted to do it sooo vbad with the twins...but I couldn't find anything were I could wear both at once. And I didn't like picking one to wear over the other. I felt like I was leaving one out. I do have a sling and love it! I never tried the moby or anyother thing for that matter. I giggle at the shirt. Can u see a mama with twins wearing two babies walking thru the sotre with two heads in her shirt! :-)

Jazmin Price - Heather you are correct! I should have clarified my thoughts! I find many things unneeded, weird and bad decisions but before I open my mouth (or key pad) I acknowledge that I might be judging someone from my own biases and not seeing them in the situation. and I try to see if I am being judgmental and unsupportive be I jump on a band wagon to define another's decisions as "unneeded or weird" I am confident enough to own my own opinions AND support others while acknowledging I Just may not know everything and have my own issues! But whatever! Namaste

Jenna Joy Slajchert Howard -

jeez! see if i ever contribute to your lame-o mommy group again. sheesh!
February 5th, 2013, 01:18 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Unnecessary was what I was going to say after initially looking at the shirt.

2. Way over-priced, after hearing what the price is.

3. about the group and their comments. Totally agree with your point...skin-to-skin is easy & free. Why should I buy that?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 5th, 2013, 01:22 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well for what it matters, I think it looks weird. There's no way I would wear something like that outside of the home because people would stare and ask, 'Um lady? Why is there a baby in your shirt?' and for home I nursed so no need for additional skin to skin contact, imho.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

February 5th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, call me crazy but I think they're kinda neat and I could see how some people could get use out of them. Take Rosie O'Donnell, for example, who apparently has one. She's 50 something years old and has teenage kids. So I could see how this shirt comes in handy for her, to want to give her newly adopted infant the skin to skin that babies and moms love.... while being around her older kids. Or heck, maybe she is just self-conscious about her body and doesn't want to lay around topless. I can't see myself spending $60 on this shirt, but I could see how plenty of people would get use out of it.
February 5th, 2013, 07:09 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wear the moby as a shirt lol

February 5th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hahaha I would get tired of seeing my friend wearing the same shirt over and over
Is Jenna your friend?

February 5th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jenna is a girl I met at summer camp...in middle school. We arent exactly friends. but yea, thats her.
February 6th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
It's not totally ridiculous like some things you see. I wouldn't buy it though.
February 6th, 2013, 12:26 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would see this being nice in the NICU for skin to skin so you don't have to bare all. But I would just wear button down shirts. I would never spend $60 for this!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
February 6th, 2013, 12:47 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't buy it. I won't spend $60 on a winter coat, much less a shirt.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
February 7th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Too pricey for what looks like a regular shirt. I'd wear a little cardigan with buttons or a tank top!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search