Anyone else's LO takes at least an hour to fall asleep?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's been crazy in the last several weeks. Michael went from falling asleep within 10 min or so to now taking at least an hour , sometimes hour and a half to fall asleep for his nap and night time. During the hour or so he starts running around his crib (I have a video monitor) and throwing out his pillow, blanket, etc. on the floor then he starts crying and screaming for me to go and get the stuff he threw on the floor. I've been going back and forth 10 times today to get it all back for him. I moved his crib away so he can't reach anything outside his crib, otherwise he was tagging window curtain and blinds from his crib.

If I let him skip his nap he falls asleep at night right away. But without his nap, he is cranky and needy and I think it's too early to have no nap. I really don't know what's going on with him. Anyone else is having similar problems?

February 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
The only thing I can think of is skip the nap and put him to bed an hour earlier?

Caleb some nights takes an hour to fall asleep and it's usually the nights he's taken a nap in the car (on a normal day he has no nap and falls asleep in 15-30mins).

February 11th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
only if he happens to fall asleep in the car at some point during the day.

February 12th, 2013, 05:14 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
It depends... some days are within 10 minutes and sometimes it can be up to 30 or so minutes...

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

February 12th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We were having this problem with Teresa at bedtime until we starting skipping her nap. Some days she does start to get a little fussy around 4/5 and if we are in the car around that time she'll fall asleep for 15 minutes or so (she'd sleep longer, but wakes when I get her out of hte car). The same thing happened with my son right around turning 2. So we skipped naps and bedtime is 7/730.
February 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Max is so sleepy. He still NEEDS his nap. He goes so hard and the second I convince him to lie down, he's out in under 5 minutes. With Max, before I moved him to a toddler bed (just a week or so ago), if he threw things from his crib, he did NOT get them back. It was tough for awhile, because he'd yell for them, but he learned not to do it if he wanted the item quickly.

How long is Michael napping? Maybe limit his nap time? Max naps for 2-3 hours, and if he starts to go much over 3 hours, I'll go wake him up.

February 12th, 2013, 04:18 PM
ginnkneephur's Avatar Rainbows and Sunshine
Geni has become a monster with bedtime. She is a monster during the day without a nap. I don't know what to do at the moment. Bedtime and naps are a serious issue with us right now.

February 12th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you.

Michael is napping for 2-2.5 hrs. Like Max , he still needs his nap though. A few times that we let him skip his nap, he was so cranky and tired that he hardly ate his dinner, and then the next morning he was still tired.
If you put them down for bedtime at 7-7:30 what time do they wake up in the morning?

February 13th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would try limiting his nap to 1-1.5 hours then and see ifthat helps. My kids go down 7/730 and sleep util 7/730 in the morning.
February 13th, 2013, 07:03 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I agree with Kris, maybe try cutting back his nap a little bit. Does he fall asleep okay at nap time?

February 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Eli is another who needs his nap! He can't make it through the day without it. For nap time I have to hold him/snuggle with him for him to fall asleep (otherwise he goes crazy trying to stay awake - holding him lets him calm down and realize he's tired) and it still takes a good 20 min. At night it could take anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour for him to finally fall asleep.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search