Hooray for a short month!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By emmiejack0810

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How are finances going for this month?
February 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Not so wonderful we've spent way too much on gas already!

February 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Great! I've really been getting into Dave Ramsey and we have been using the envelope system. I think it's working well! On the other hand, I feel like a naggy slave driver about the whole finance thing now

February 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well basically i spend next to nothing which is torturous and DH makes fun of me b/c i can be a bit over frugal I suppose. So I always feel like I am doing my part LOL. I have bought 3 maternity pieces of clothing that i got at a used children's store and i wear my running tshirts. So basically I feel dumpy all the time but I feel richer for it haha. We did have close to 2K worth of plumbing done last month, and now we have car repairs we have no choice but to do, then there is all the insurance junk with the baby coming up which sux b/c Drake was 100% covered and this mmakes it so much more stressful. I feel bad but I keep thinking my decision to have a new baby may have been altered if i had realized the insurance changes we had gone through.
All of this to say it is the big stuff not the little driving me nuts lately when it comes to finances.

thank you tasha_mae for the great siggy!
February 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Besides hubby going out and getting another hand gun and a bunch of ammo, thus not putting anything into saving that week....good.

February 15th, 2013, 08:22 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
We'll be spending a chunk of change in the next couple of weeks for the bathroom renovation. We're not going crazy with it and it isn't even a full renovation, but it's definitely not going to be cheap.
February 16th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeToTheMax View Post
Great! I've really been getting into Dave Ramsey and we have been using the envelope system. I think it's working well! On the other hand, I feel like a naggy slave driver about the whole finance thing now
It's hard at first Amy, but the rewards of being naggy at first is SO worth it! I felt like Iwas nagging/controlling so much in the beginning, but when hubby began to see the process, he really came to understand how important it was to do/not do certain things!

Feb is going pretty well so far. Not as great as January, but decently better than our average monthly spending for 2009-2012. I started keeping track in 2008 and that was the only time better, but we were in SERIOUS debt payoff mode, so that makes sense it would be less then, plus we only had Nathan and then Lukas for part of the year!

Of course, we're about to spend a bunch of money though with the closing.
February 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Well the hotels are adding up, as well as the dinners out. We go out the nights before surgery for Rob to have a big dinner while we are in London, we leave before supper time to get there so it is that or eat in the hotel room. I will bring food for me to eat at the hotel for the next one that he stays in the hospital for.

We also have not gotten $ from WSIB (workplace safety insurance board) yet. I don't totally understand how that works but I am collecting receipts for everything, and he gets less cus he hasn't worked there a year yet... he can't back prove his pay

Times like this I am so happy that we have $ inthe bank and this doesn't impact us much other than we are eatting our savings

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
February 17th, 2013, 11:17 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
We had to spend over $200 in medical (flu) in the first 7 days, but as John says, "That is why we have savings."
But ugh, it pains me so!

Everything else is moving right on track. John is adding about $200 to each car bill so we can get it paid off by the summer. 2 paid off cars....now that will be nice.

February 18th, 2013, 06:27 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
We are trying the envelope system too Amy. We put it on hold while on vacation but are getting back at it this week. Hopefully we can finish Feb strong.

February 22nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
actually didn't go negative... hooray!!!!
~Kris~ likes this.

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

February 22nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Baby steps, Melanie!!!

Our closing costs were a good deal less than the estimate they gave us.
February 22nd, 2013, 09:35 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
We are saving for our property taxes. That went well. I am happy to be getting some help with it.

Our new food budget is working well.

Since I get paid per day next month will be long in days and short on cash.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search