Scared

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2013, 03:01 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
The past two weeks Ryker has started being "scared". He seems to know what this means. Makes scared faces, crying sounds (no tears), etc. It's really regular but is also random. I can't figure out any pattern to what will be scary.

He's watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with hubs for a long while. Always loves it. Loves the kicking and stuff. Now, it's scary pretty regularly. But, he has a fit if you turn it off.

Other random things have been scary. It is usually something that might be perceived as scary, but that he's not been scared of ever before.

Today, it was a Foo Dog/Dragon we have. It's a small painted shiny dragon with a dragon baby. We've had it for years and it's right at his eye level. He's played with it in the past and always liked it. Now, today, out of the blue it's "scary". I took him over to it and picked it up. Explained that it was a daddy dragon and that was it's baby. And he kept saying "how cute". Everything was fine after that.

Just, weirdness.

February 18th, 2013, 06:22 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Max has been scared more lately too. His is almost always bears. Which is so off because he loves bears. Everytime he wakes up from a bad dream, it's about bears roaring at him.

February 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We have been in this "phase" for a while now. For some reason it is always "cars" when he wakes up at night scared. I don't know why though or what happened. He loves playing with cars, but sometimes cars scare him too.

Sometimes he will randomly tell me "I'm scared" or "That's scary". I always try to reassure him that there is no reason to be afraid and that I am there.

Kind of reassuring to hear we aren't alone in this!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
February 19th, 2013, 11:11 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Nat is very scared of this one Belle doll we got from someone because it has weird eyes and she gets petrified if Owen makes a roaring noise and chases her. She shakes. Owen used to be scared of Little Bear on Sesame St because his eyes move funny and he would say 'he's lookin' at me scary'. It's good he can vocalize it to you!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

February 19th, 2013, 04:30 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
yeah, it's good to hear maybe it's just part of this age. He's even "scared" if I make grabby hand and monster noises at him now. He's always loved that.

February 19th, 2013, 05:49 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Betsy gets scared when the neighbors are loud and thump around. She will sometimes randomly get "scared" of things, but the "wall owies" (which is what she calls the noise) bother her the most.
February 20th, 2013, 12:08 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
Ella has been scared a lot also, but I think that she is just imitating Matthew. All of a sudden he is scared of ghosts and gets really scared in the dark and so Ella does too. I don't know where he got that.
February 22nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Teresa will occasionally tells us she's so scary (scared). She does this little head shake thing too sometimes. But being scared usually lasts all of 30 seconds, so I haven't been too concerned. She's often scared of the lions and bears in the front yard.
February 22nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Jackson has too... He actually is requesting a light be on (other than his night light and fiber optic) and he wants his door open...

poor liitle guys

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

February 24th, 2013, 05:05 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Grace will pretend to be scared, but she hasn't truly been scared yet. She always requests the "scary" Veggie Tales episode (they talk about not being afraid) So I think she gets the acting bit from that show.
February 25th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Momma-J's Avatar Teach Empathy!
Yep here too. Things are "scurry" or "supa scurry" not playing into their fear will help get through it and not get too afraid of things. For example if they've been afraid of the vacuum I have them vacuum. No reason to be afraid of things you shouldn't be afraid of.

Blessed Beyond Measure!
Hailey 17, Hollyn 15, Harper 12
Hudson 6, Holden 4 & Haddyn 2
February 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Myles has been scared of the dark lately. It's "too dark and scarry". So neat how they all seem to go through the same stages.

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

February 27th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Milan is also going through a little phase. We have to leave his door open and he needs his night light at night.
Sometimes while watching movies, he wants us to skip part he is afraid off... nothing scary for real but in his little mind something is off.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search