Appetites

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is your LO's appetite these days?

Does your LO eat 3 meals a day?

Any foods they are eating more or less of than they did before?
February 19th, 2013, 10:54 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's up and down. Some days she eats really well, and others, not so much. I wouldn't say she always eats three meals. Some days she does, but not always.

I've noticed lately she's more willing to eat bread. She went through a long phase of not wanting any bread at all, but on Sunday she asked me for a piece of bread three different times, and ate it all. She will also now eat rolls if we're going out to eat and get a basket of rolls. But what she will/won't eat is also always in flux.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 19th, 2013, 04:56 PM
megpie
He eats 3 meals a day plus a snack. He's a good eater. He never skips out on a meal.

Lucas is my only poor eater and he hardly eats breakfast, will eat a giant lunch (up to 3 sandwiches) and then 1-2 bites or less at dinner. That's why there's only a 3 lb difference between him and jude.
February 19th, 2013, 07:20 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
She has a huge appetite. Usually 3 meals + snacks. Sometimes she won't want a typical lunch so she'll have like fruit, cheese & crackers instead.
February 19th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Most nights it's okay, but he gets distracted by other food and other things. We're finally eating in the kitchen again instead of the tv, which seems to be helping. He's always a total fruithead, it's getting him to eat everything else that can be a pain.

February 19th, 2013, 09:13 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bella is finally getting an awesome appetite!
Somedays she won't eat as much but I think that is pretty normal.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
February 20th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is your LO's appetite these days? Meh, it varies. Some days she devours her plate and other days it's a total ordeal to get three bites into her.

Does your LO eat 3 meals a day? Yes but not full portions.

Any foods they are eating more or less of than they did before? Hmmm, she's not liking chicken a lot these days but she's willing to have steamed veggies now.
February 20th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Trey eats 3 meals a day...with some snacks in between. He usually has a pretty voracious appetite. Sometimes i think he confuses boredom with hunger. Last night he ate three helpings of chicken & dumplings...and then about an hour or 2 later was saying he was hungry. DH gave him a naval orange, and then he asked for another immediately after.

I was/am spoiled with Trey. Trey will usually at least try anything i put in front of him, even if he says, upon looking at it, "i dont like it". Like, the chicken & dumplings last night. He insisted he didnt like it, but my mom poured him a bowl anyways.,..and then he announced "I LIKE IT!" after trying a bite. Olivia, on the other hand, will not put something to her lips if she doesnt like the way it looks. She makes up her mind the second she sees the food, and will shake her head "no" and push the food away when i try to shove it in. I've even held her mouth open and put a piece in, thinking "surely, she'll like it, if she just tastes it...". Nope.
February 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How is your LO's appetite these days? I would say she has a good appetite these days. She does have issue with trying new things, and I sometimes have issues offering them over an over. I am trying to curb her snacks, and get more veggies in her. I don't think she is overweight, but I do notice her also eating out of boredom, etc. and want to keep an eye on it, b/c I am oveweight......

Does your LO eat 3 meals a day? Yep 3 meals and usually 2 snacks

Any foods they are eating more or less of than they did before? I would say she eats about the same as she always has....

February 20th, 2013, 07:16 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I thought of another thing that she's just recently been willing to eat: eggs. Up until now she wouldn't touch them, but she will now.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search