interrupting

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *~*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2013, 10:47 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How's your LO doing with interrupting? Are they getting better... worse? How do you handle it?

February 19th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Major is terrible with interrupting. DH and I basically can't speak to each other because the second we start to have a conversation, Major interrupts. We usually just tell him that we are talking and he needs to wait until we are done, but that doesn't always work. A lot of times, I will just stop talking/listening to DH and address Major real quickly because I know he will just persist if I don't.
February 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We struggle with that, too. If DH and I are talking, she is bad about interrupting. I'll usually say something like, "Wait just a minute, sweetie, I'm talking to daddy right now." It doesn't always work, and often she'll respond with, "DON'T TALK TO DADDY! I want to talk to daddy!" Ugh.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 19th, 2013, 02:36 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Merrick isn't too horribly bad but he's got 2 older brothers that interrupt a lot...
February 19th, 2013, 03:53 PM
megpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhug_nar View Post
Merrick isn't too horribly bad but he's got 2 older brothers that interrupt a lot...
Same. He hardly ever interrups. It's A&L that do it allllll the time.
February 19th, 2013, 03:54 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's pretty good about it. She understands my expectations of her for the most part. She does interrupt sometimes, but it's not a frequent thing. Just typical 3 year old behavior.

February 20th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're still working on it. We flag it a lot more with her now whereas before I'd stop my conversation to address her, now I ask her to wait patiently or I say "i can't listen to you right now because I'm talking and I can't do both at the same time" so sometimes she waits and other times she'll persist.

It's mostly annoying when I'm talking to other people.
February 20th, 2013, 06:51 AM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have to work on it more. He's getting mixed messages because DH and I don't agree on how to handle it. I think that he needs to be taught and I'll stop my conversation for a moment and say that mommy is talking right now and he needs to wait for a moment, finish what I'm saying or wait for the other person to stop talking and then turn to him and ask him what he wanted to say. DH feels that he should just be ignored and continues talking which ends up with Eli repeating things over and over. I'm frustrated.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

February 20th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Trey is terrible about interupting. He also understand my expectations for him...and doesnt give a darn. haha he's 3.

Most of the time, i really want to scream in his face "SHUT UP!!! I'M TALKING! YOU LITTLE BRAT!"...but i usually just tell him "hang on just a minute, i'm talking to ____ right now". And, like Nicole, a lot of times i just acknowledge him quickly, and continue talking to Tim.
Nicole1110 likes this.
February 20th, 2013, 08:59 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dakota is awful and if you ignore her she just keeps getting louder, so I tell her she needs to wait, but she keeps talking anyway.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
February 20th, 2013, 09:44 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It has been horrible lately. I was pausing my convo and addressing her and that made it alot worse. Now I tell her she has to wait and I will talk to her in a second. It works sometimes and sometimes not... eh 3 year old...

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search