cost of activities

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How much do you spend on your LO's extracurricular activities?

February 20th, 2013, 06:53 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's not in any right now

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 20th, 2013, 08:12 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lily isn't either. I started looking around and theyre expensive! lol

February 20th, 2013, 08:48 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eli's not in any. We've got too much on our plates with his sister's sports. I'll probably spend $3000 on Daryn's softball fees, equipment, uniform and travel this year. Another $700 plus travel if she goes to softball camp. I don't feel too bad about Eli, he'll have his turn. I'll probably sign him up for play gym or kiddie indoor soccer this year.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

February 20th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Major isn't yet either. We aren't starting him in anything until he is 4 I think. T-ball is the only thing I've really looked into and it ranges from $95-$160 per season, depending on which league you join.

Major
February 20th, 2013, 09:53 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Connor isn't doing anything besides preschool right now. We will start swimming lessons soon, but they're cheap! $40 for 10 lessons.

We mostly do things like museums, the aquarium, park, etc that are really cheap if you're a member. There are a lot of free one time events around here too. Like this Saturday they're going to do a snow event in the park that's free. I figured he gets a ton out of those activities without doing an actual class.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

February 20th, 2013, 10:02 PM
megpie
He's getting ready to do his very first class---indoor swimming lessons----it's $55 for 6weeks (2x a week).

He'll continue the same swimming lessons this summer, but outdoor lessons and the price will drop to $25 for the same amount of lessons.

I won't put him in anything else until he's 4ish?????

I was gungho with lessons with my first kid, but by the 3rd it's all about juggling/time management and getting everyone everywhere, so I know he'll be quite ok without team sports/lessons for awhile.

He'll probably want to do gymnastics, because he sees Ava and Lucas in their gymnastic classes and he wants to do it too.

Last edited by megpie; February 20th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
February 21st, 2013, 12:13 AM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
Nothing yet but does daycare costs count? Lol
February 21st, 2013, 06:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Up until Jan 1st, he was enrolled in Tumble Bus. It was a "gymnastics" class that came to him, at his daycare. She drove a big, gutted bus, with tumbling stuff in it (pads, trampoline, balance beam, etc...hence the name "Tumble Bus"). He really liked it. It was only $35 a month (so cheap!). He had a 45 minutes long class, once a week.

Right now, he isn't enrolled in anything. I'm going to sign him up for swim lessons soon - its 2x a week (Mon & Wed or Tues & Thurs), 1 hour classes, $70 a month.
February 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chase isn't in anything right now. I think I will sign him up for soccer this summer. I'm pretty sure the 3's play 2x a week for 4 weeks and it's $35, I think.
February 21st, 2013, 08:51 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not in any classes yet. We barely have time as it is now and can't imagine what it's going to be like with a second baby.

If she asks later or shows interest in something, we'd consider it. Would love for her to learn a music intrusment but wouldn't force her to take any classes she doesn't want.
February 21st, 2013, 10:14 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Audrey has been in swim for 6 months but next week is her last lesson since we're moving. It's expensive! $70 for 30 min lessons once a week. She will probably start something else like dance or gymnastics after we move.

The twins usually do soccer or t-ball thru parks and recs. I think it's like $60 for 5 or 6 weeks. I'm not sure cause we just pay half and their mom sets everything up.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
February 21st, 2013, 12:09 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Nothing they..We looked into dance class but it conflicts with Derricks work & school schedule & we haven't bought another car yet so we'll wait until we have 2 cars.
February 21st, 2013, 08:05 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bella is in Ballet. 30 minute class once a week and it is $30/month. We are getting ready to drop it though since dh is back and we are a one vehicle family at this time.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
February 22nd, 2013, 12:53 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by megpie View Post
He's getting ready to do his very first class---indoor swimming lessons----it's $55 for 6weeks (2x a week).

He'll continue the same swimming lessons this summer, but outdoor lessons and the price will drop to $25 for the same amount of lessons.

I won't put him in anything else until he's 4ish?????

I was gungho with lessons with my first kid, but by the 3rd it's all about juggling/time management and getting everyone everywhere, so I know he'll be quite ok without team sports/lessons for awhile.

He'll probably want to do gymnastics, because he sees Ava and Lucas in their gymnastic classes and he wants to do it too.
Izzy's swimming is the same, $55 for twice a week for 6 weeks.

We just signed her up for gymnastics at a private club and it was really reasonable. $140 for 12 weeks of classes. She starts in April. I'm excited for her to start! I was a gymnast and I hope she loves it like I do/did. I started at 3 as well.

February 22nd, 2013, 05:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just signed Kelen up for Soccer Shots. They come to the daycare once a week to give lessons. It's $66 for a 6 week class.

February 23rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
I pay between $25 and $250 per entry fee for pageants not including clothes. She's going to start cheering in the fall and I'm not sure what that'll cost but they normally do fundraisers to pay for everything for the girls.
My boys play baseball and entry fee was $40 for both. We haven't ordered uniforms yet.

February 24th, 2013, 07:10 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgankaedenmadisonsmommy View Post
I pay between $25 and $250 per entry fee for pageants not including clothes. She's going to start cheering in the fall and I'm not sure what that'll cost but they normally do fundraisers to pay for everything for the girls.
My boys play baseball and entry fee was $40 for both. We haven't ordered uniforms yet.
Baseball is like $130 each here but it includes uniforms.
February 24th, 2013, 10:42 PM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Harrison is playing T-ball this year. It is SUPPOSED to be for mainly 5-6. But he is totally ready. I asked them what the age was and they said up to 6... so I said he is only 3. They said if he is ready, I just have to be at the practices Braylon will be on the same team. It was $60 for both of them, so $30 each. When he is 4 I am going to enroll them in Karate. Oh the baseball includes their uniform also. They play the whole month of May and June. 2-3 times a week.
February 24th, 2013, 10:46 PM
waxzon's Avatar Happy Mommy!
Send a message via MSN to waxzon Send a message via Yahoo to waxzon
Emms dance class is $50 a month for once a week 45 min classes
$85 for her June recital costume
$65 for her recital fee

9-13-12
Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search