"Forever" house?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 06:02 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Are you currently living in your "forever" house? (The one that you see yourself spending a very, very, very long time in?)

If it's not your "forever" house, what would you look for in a house that would make it your "forever" house?
February 24th, 2013, 06:15 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Definitely not we're in a two bedroom apartment We've never bought a home and it will probably be several years before we do.

Our forever home would be a brick home I just love the way they look. Have a covered front porch, At least 3 bedrooms with a den or basement we could make a play room. 2 bathrooms. Huge backyard...DH wants at least 1 acre. Big kitchen. Id like a separate bath/shower in the master. Oh and definitely a one story (besides the basement) I would hate going uo and down stairs forever! Not too picky right?

February 24th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are in a two bedroom condo. So not a forever house! We can't wait to get a house! 3 bedroom, a nice yard to make a garden, finished basement, open concept.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
February 24th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully in a yr or so we can buy an extended stay house. One for our family now so the kids can have their own rooms, plenty of space and nice neighborhood. Once the kids are grown we want to a place more secluded, smaller home with land.

February 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
I am not living in my forever house. I need a garbage disposal, dishwasher, another bathroom, a back porch, and more square footage.

February 24th, 2013, 11:16 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm one step away!! We are one 2.2 acres, but the design of the house is no longer working for us. We have no garage and have to walk upstairs to get to the main level. There is no office space for me, which MUST have, I'd like for the kids to have separate rooms without having to go to the lower level, and I need a bigger kitchen and eating area. This house was PERFECT for us, or us +1, ok for us +2, but now that we are us + 3, it has seemed to shrunk a great deal.

Other requirement: closer to town. I miss out on socializing and don't want the kids to drive 10 miles to/from school practice as high schoolers in snow conditions, etc... We need AT LEAST the same acreage we have now. and the wildlife has to be at least what we see daily, too

I'm so picky, I wonder if we'll ever move! But when we do, it's for GOOD.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 24th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Yes we are! We are not moving from the farm, and we are not building a house. So this one is ours for life I am happy with it. We have a large kitchen, a bedroom for everyone and 3 baths.

February 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Not at all.

I imagine one day I will, but I haven't the slightest idea what I would want it to look like or have.

February 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
YES! I say that and John shakes his head no. I think this could very well be our forever house. I am extremely happy with the neighborhood, our yard, the kitchen, open concept, finishings...everything. Our upstairs is my least favorite part, but we spend such little time up there.

February 24th, 2013, 05:51 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Not in our forever house over here. Hoping to be in it by summer, but we'll have to sell this one and then find the new one first.

It needs to have 3/4 bedrooms (or 3 BR and a den/basement space for DH). Seeing how one day we'll have a teenage daughter, 2 full bathrooms are a must! A nice sized yard, two (or two and a half) car garage, and lots of natural light are a must. Ideally, it will be in an older neighborhood (I love the older neighborhoods with their big trees and different homes) but seeing how we're not DIYers, it needs to be not-so-old on the inside.
February 25th, 2013, 07:06 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Not at all We are still renting. I'm not even sure we're in our forever city. If possible, I'd really like to leave the little town we are in and get closer to KC. I don't want to be IN the city, but it's almost an hour away now. The commute is rough, and getting up there to do anything is hard to. I'd love to move closer to DH's parents as well. That sait, if we do end up having to stay in the town we are in, I'd be okay with it. I don't dislike it, just the drive!

As far as a house, we know we will need at least 4 beedrooms and at least 3 bathrooms. I think I'd ideally like 5 bedrooms/3.5 bathrooms. I don't mind kids having to share a room, but I would love an extra room for when my family comes to visit. I also need a big open kitchen/living room. I'd like a separate dining room, but it's not a must. And I'd like a finished basement, though we could do that ourselves. And a connected garage! Hopefully a 3 car garage. Shop out back. Big, fenecd in back yard. DH wants lots of acerage. I want to be able to stay home with my kids so we may have to compormise some on our dreams.

February 25th, 2013, 01:34 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Nope! I do love it though. We're renting, partially because I don't know if we'll stay here, and partially because we don't have a down payment.
The house we're in I'd update, but it's enter level living, living room, dining room, kitchen, eating area, family room and powder room. Upstairs 4 bdrms, 2 bathrooms, ours has a huge 2 person tub, private deck with ocean view. It would cost is about $700 more a month to own it.
February 25th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Momma-J's Avatar Teach Empathy!
Nope, quiet, country, no neighbors, farm house! I want to be able to walk outside naked if I want to and know that no one would see!

Blessed Beyond Measure!
Hailey 17, Hollyn 15, Harper 12
Hudson 6, Holden 4 & Haddyn 2
February 25th, 2013, 06:27 PM
uvatigger's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we r in our forever house
We built this house while pregnant with salil
It has everything we wanted

February 25th, 2013, 07:06 PM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
We are! Never, ever moving again!
February 25th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Jenny! When we found this property, I told our realtor, "I need a property where we can walk around the deck naked without being seen" and he just laughed but knew what I was getting at. Not that we do, but that's the best way to put how much privacy we wanted
Momma-J likes this.

February 25th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Hum we are probably in our forever house. The most important feature is that it is completely paid for... That goes a long ways in making up for any short comings it might have. We have 20 acres so we could build our dream house hobbits hole. After all we live in tornado way.

February 26th, 2013, 04:35 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The plan when we bought this house was for it to be our forever home and it probably is. Unless something truly amazing pops up. Same size, more land, possible a pool AND we could afford it and pay a moving company (moving is miserable. I don't want to ever do it again). But yeah, I think we're here for good. I see us having our grandkids over for sleepovers here.

February 26th, 2013, 05:39 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Idk, I'd really love to eventually move out of illinois. I hate our state. But as far as our house goes, I like it. I just miss the country. too many kids here! Lol!
February 26th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Nichole, I'd say come to CO, but it's turning pretty crappy. I've got my hopes up for 2014 and 2016, but we'll see. BUT... it's gorgeous, and my town and county (and neighboring counties) are all fantastic! Come move here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search