monday moans

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 07:44 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who's having a case of the mondays? let it out!

February 25th, 2013, 08:14 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nothing yet, really, except that I'm starving. And I was having some hip pain this morning, but it seems to have gone away for the moment.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

February 25th, 2013, 09:09 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need a nap

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
February 25th, 2013, 11:18 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Af is here and I have a horrible crick (sp?) in my neck/shoulder.
Oh and we are supposed to get another butt load of snow this evening. I am done with the snow!!! I want spring!

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
February 25th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm just super tired...but other than that, no complaints.

Also, i applied for a job 2 weeks ago. A day later, i got a call to come in for an interview the very next day. So i had like, a half a second to prepare. The interview was pretty intense...at least i felt like it was. It was the most serious interview i've ever been to. and there were 2 parts - the verbal, and then the written part. I just feel so...ehhh...about it. I was one of the first people to interview and they are interviewing 60 people. <-- thats a **** ton. They dont get done interviewing until Thursday of this week. They (it was a two person interview, which made it even more intimidating) told me that they plan on calling people back mid march....mid freaking march! The start date would be beginning of April. But the guy did say "you'll know that we're interested in you if we contact your currect supervisor". So, i told my supervisor to let me know if anyone calls.

I'm not really holding my breath, but I hate to lose. and if i didnt get this job, i'd feel like a big loser. Its a pay raise (not a lot, like $5000 more than i make now, initially. and then a 5% automatic raise after the probation period is up) and the benefits are great, because its a State job. So, even though i dont really expect to get it...i really want it. For the benefits alone.

so, im kind of aggrevated, because i hate waiting.
February 25th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
oh yea! i do have a moan.

My drivers license and my tag both expired this month, because its my birthday month. I renewed both today - $63 for my drivers license and $58.35 for my tag. So expensive. I remember just 6 years ago when i got married and got a new license, it was only $20.
February 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontan View Post
oh yea! i do have a moan.

My drivers license and my tag both expired this month, because its my birthday month. I renewed both today - $63 for my drivers license and $58.35 for my tag. So expensive. I remember just 6 years ago when i got married and got a new license, it was only $20.
You have to renew your drivers license?? How often? In AZ we don't have to bother renewing until age 65!

Major
February 25th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole1110 View Post
You have to renew your drivers license?? How often? In AZ we don't have to bother renewing until age 65!
what?! 65?? I guess everyone in Arizona ages gracefully and they dont expect people to change much over the years. Anyway, yes! in FL we have to renew ours. Mine says "issued on 3/26/2007. expires on 2/21/2013" March 26, 2007 was two days after my wedding, when i got my license changed to have my married name on it. February 21, 2013 was my bday. I'm not sure why it expired on my birthday, rather than say, 6 years from the date it was issued to me.
February 25th, 2013, 01:06 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am in a wedding in September. We went to look at dresses yesterday and I already know it's going to look horrible on me. It was picked out by her maid of honor who is a size zero :/

Also I have mastitis

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

February 25th, 2013, 01:10 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Me to Heather, I have to renew my registration, smog my car & renew my license..in April & May..it's going to be like $400.

Anyways..pretty sure dh forgot our anniversary was today!! He forgot 3 years ago & at like 8 pm that I reminded him & it was CLEAR he forgot but he tried to say he remembered & just didn't say "happy anniversary" or get me anything. so then he snuck out & came home with presents & tried to suck up to me. Well the last couple years he's been sure to say happy anniversary first thing in the morning..today he hasn't mentioned it at ALL. He kissed & hugged me a bunch a times before work but other then that..nothing. Kinda makes me mad because this weekend I bought him an early anniversary gift that was pretty freaking expensive..so if he forgot I'm going to kill him lol
February 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM
megpie
What is "smog my car"??????

We have a GIANT storm headed our direction within hours----up to 20" of snow.
February 25th, 2013, 02:54 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Something we have to do in CA to register our cars..it's a test you have done on your car to see how much crap comes out of your muffler I guess..you can't register your car until it passes smog. Cuts down on pollution but it's a pain in the arse.
February 25th, 2013, 04:41 PM
New moan: it is raining so hard that it's interfering with my internet connection. Blah.

OH, and...I just got an email from the chancellor saying that we most likely will not get raises this year, thanks to huge reductions in funding if federal sequestration happens on Friday, and thanks to significant reductions in Medicare reimbursement, research funding and a number of other things, including Obamacare. Guess it could be worse...I have a job.

Last edited by ThaiSpice; February 25th, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
February 25th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Smog my car = emissions testing.

In California, everyone calls is a smog test. In AZ, they call it emissions.
February 25th, 2013, 05:31 PM
megpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole1110 View Post
Smog my car = emissions testing.

In California, everyone calls is a smog test. In AZ, they call it emissions.

We don't have any of that here.

I'm having the hardest time coming up with new posts. Sorry guys.
February 25th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Me too...totally drawing a blank with new topics.

February 25th, 2013, 07:12 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brady had basketball practice tonight at 6pm but DH had a meeting so I had to take everyone (Chase is usually in bed at 630) So. The baby gets picked up, I rush to make dinner & feed everyone. We rush to practice. Get there early so Brady can practice before practice
20 min of the three kids fighting about who gets the ball next (I only brought one). It's 6 and no one else is there. We waited 10 minutes then left.

DH called at like 720 after getting a call from the coach. Apparently. They had a schedule change and we were supposed to go to a different location for a make up game. But the coach forgot to call us. And he didn't realize it until Brady didn't show up. Ugh. I hate the rushing around it was all for nothing.

So we ran to Meijer to stock up for the next snowmageddon & there was a HUGE orange full moon, really low in the sky. N & B were all "werewolves & monsters, etc" so Chase was traumatized & was begging to go home & get in bed.

It's all really stupid but that was my night. AND it took like 45 minutes to get 12 things at the store.
February 26th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
NC has emissions testing, too. And NC drivers licenses expire on birthdays so people remember what time of the year to renew.

It's not Monday, but I wrenched my shoulder this morning, before I even got out of bed. Ow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search