bed wetting

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By redbirds
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By -Trish-
  • 1 Post By Meggie26

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My little guy decided that diapers for the night is a no-no. He is doing great for the most part, but is wetting bed at least once a week. BTDT mommies, how do you deal with this. Changing a whole bed in the middle on the night plain sucks! Do you buy special pads and stick them onto the sheets? We try to put him on a potty once a night, randomly, and it seems to help with getting accidents. Sometimes he says he does not want to go and end up wetting by the time it is morning

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
February 26th, 2013, 02:51 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Betsy is nowhere near ready for night time potty training but we've always had a waterproof mattress pad on her bed. Would that help?
February 26th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
Betsy is nowhere near ready for night time potty training but we've always had a waterproof mattress pad on her bed. Would that help?
Thanks Amy, we actually have one. It is pretty neat, as you can unzip one part and there is a secold layer of mattress, but whis whole bedding gets soaked, so everything has to be stripped and replaced with another set in the middle of the night. I was just wondering if there are any easier tricks that I might not be aware of. We are a little sleep deprived here between night terrors, bed wetting, the baby who wont sleep.. Kids share a room and the less noise there is the better off everyone is in the end.

Last edited by Kumii; February 26th, 2013 at 03:05 PM.
February 26th, 2013, 03:50 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I know they have these waterproof pads at Walmart and through Amazon. They go on top of the sheet/bedding, kinda like the ones at the hospital we laid on when delivering and post-partum recovery. I'd say try those. They seem to have decent reviews, but some are bad and some are good (per reviews). I haven't looked lately, but when I was looking at a mattress pad/cover for Kellen's bed a while back, I remember seeing these.

I found one (didn't really look past this, but this is the kind I was talking about): Amazon.com: Summer Infant, Ultimate Training Pad - Twin Mattress: Baby
Momma-J likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 26th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Gwynne. This one is reusable! I did not even know they existed! This would be perfect!

February 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Oooohhhh.....I'll have to remember this!
February 26th, 2013, 07:29 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! Myles is also not close to being dry at night. Would he wear a pull up? You could kind of swing it as big boy gotch?

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

February 27th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaMM View Post
Wow!! Myles is also not close to being dry at night. Would he wear a pull up? You could kind of swing it as big boy gotch?
No way, we tried again last night and he pulls it off and says it hurts him. I think he discovered the freedom and there is no way back. He does not even want undies, just his PJ on a naky butt.

February 27th, 2013, 01:19 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
What about training pants, Karina? The kind that look like undies, but have thicker absorbency? Max has some Spround Change training pants that are a lot like undies, but will hold a TON.

Also, if you do get a waterproof pad, I've heard of people who will make the bed normally, put the waterproof pad on, and then put a second sheet on top. That way, when he wets, you just have to peel the sheet off, remove the pad, and there is a whole set of bedding ready to go
Kumii likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 03:01 PM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Oh boy, have fun with the naked butt thing..I have one of those. My 9 year old decided he hated underwear at a very early age and I was always catching him going to school without underwear on LOL...Now he comes home, ditches the underwear and puts shorts on LOL....I guess some just like going Commando! lol
Kumii likes this.

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

February 28th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I am a meanie and would force the diaper/pullup route at night. In my experience I don't know any kid (mine or friends' kids) that were night trained at this age. Changing sheets in the middle of the night is not my idea of fun, nor is washing sheets over and over again.

Nathan still had the occasional accident up to almost 5 years old, we eventually went the route of one of those pee sensors/alarms-he was such a deep sleeper he wasn't waking. A few months of that and it worked. My mom made him a pair of shorts with elastic legs (kinda like bloomers for under dresses for little girls) made out of diaper material so we never had a wet bed to deal with.

Then Lukas PTed late, 3.75 years ish and did day/night and the same time. I think he's had maybe 3 accidents at night?
February 28th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You are not meanie Kris, we all have a different approach and only we know our kids best. To me battling for a diaper simply does not work. I get there in the middle of the night and he is butt naked. He trained young while DH and I were not even pushing nights, I was gonna do diapers at night till summer. I got some neat ideas and I think it will simplify this transition period.

March 1st, 2013, 04:54 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Kierson could and does go a lot of nights without diapers because he takes them off. I put one on, but don't put as many inserts in there so it isn't so bulky. I think he waits for me to fall asleep, pops up and strips!
Kumii likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search