March Chit-Chat!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 01:48 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Irritated! They've been shooting a movie at the middle school this month and every time I go to take Connor to school they have a bunch of trucks, generators, etc blocking everything. Well, now they have shut down the entire street! So, we got to sit in a mess of traffic today trying to get to Chick-fil-a for lunch. Hoping they finish filming soon.

They shoot alot of movies/tv shows around here, but they've never caused problems like this one is.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 27th, 2013, 03:42 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a mess!

We actually had decent weather today! Tomorrow should also be nice, but back to rain over the weekend and into next week.

MIL is staying with us tonight...she's on her way back home from a job interview in Branson. If they moved to Branson, they'd be much closer to us... 3.5 hour drive instead of 9 hours.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 27th, 2013, 03:45 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's suddenly spring here! I wish I could enjoy it but I've done something awful to my back. I've been told that I've probably herniated a disc in my back but it won't be officially diagnosed because they won't do an mri unless I haven't recovered in 6 weeks. All I can do is take pain/muscle relaxants and go to physio.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

March 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Oh...that doesn't sound good. My dad had surgery for a herniated disc years ago.

March 27th, 2013, 05:30 PM
My dad did too. He's had 2 or 3 I think. He's an autobody repairman which is really hard on your body. I don't want to go down that road. The doctor that I say (not my regular gp) said that they don't operate on them anymore because they find that surgery is quite often required again within 5 years. I really hope he was wrong because I'm planning on being all better by Monday!

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

March 28th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Hope you're better soon!

Grace's daycare had their Easter egg hunt yesterday. The director said that Grace wasn't as interested in finding eggs as she was in sliding and playing on the playground LOL. She was much more into the eggs when we got home and she realized there was candy inside.

March 28th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Mmmm Easter candy! Next year she'll be all over it!

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

March 30th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Sick girl at our house . I went in to get her up so she could say goodbye to MIL, and she had thrown up all over her bed. Diarrhea too. Hoping it's just a quick virus.

March 30th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Poor Grace! Hope she feels better soon.

Busy day at our house. We're triple booked. DH has a coaches meeting in our last district, Daryn's got a practice with her new team the next town over and I have physio. All at the same time! Thank goodness for family help.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

March 30th, 2013, 01:37 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Aww I hope Grace feels better soon!
March 31st, 2013, 05:52 PM
She was feeling much better today, thankfully.

March 31st, 2013, 09:03 PM
Glad to hear she's doing better

Just got back from Easter dinner at MIL's. I'm so sore, tired and full. I need to go to bed.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

April 1st, 2013, 01:08 AM
MominNOVA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad Grace is feeling better.

The weather was beautiful on Saturday. We drove into DC to help my son move and completely forgot it's Cherry Blossom festival time. What crowds and traffic. Plus, because of the cold weather, the cherry trees aren't in bloom yet. Good thing the festival goes on for another couple of weeks.

April 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
megpie
I let Lucas eat as much edamame as he wanted....he was eating them like ppl eat chips....he tells me his stomach feels funny and before I could do anything h'se barfing lime green shells like a geyser. Afterwards, he runs off and is teasing and playing with Jude and he's totally fine.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^^poor Lucas! I wonder if he will eat edamame again!

I seriously dislike DH an awful lot right now. I just yelled at him about how LITTLE he has done on this trip. You know. If he could a least admit it I could let it go. He's acting like such an ***. No exaggeration I've done 85% of the childcare. Sunscreen applications. Packing for the beach. Making lunches. Getting the kids ready for bed. More sunscreen. Cleaning up. Waking up at 630 with Chase every day. Showers. Baths. Laundry. Blah blah blah

He's all. I made lunch 1 day. He warmed up a freaking hot dog & made a PB sandwich.
He played catch with the kids. He did take Chase into the ocean. And he cooked breakfast today. I should not have let him. I will hear about this for the rest of my life. Because today is his birthday.

He's been sleeping in. Going on runs. Reading his iPad. Watching sports. Blah blah blah.

I am so pissed right now.

Chase has been a BEAR to get to fall asleep at night. I have spent over 8 hours trying to get him to go to bed since Friday night. DH has assisted slightly, only when it would benefit him.

This really is my hubby's vacation.
It's still better than being home. But I'm just so mad right now.
April 3rd, 2013, 05:53 PM
That's why I prefer 'staycations' at either home or our cabin. Most vacations just mean mom has to work her *** off, imho. You should get away on your own or with a friend for a real vacation, just a couple of days sometime soon.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

April 3rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^^its true. I am doing less here than at home because I am not dealing with keeping Chase & the dog from killing each other (really just the dog from pawing Chase in his eyes). And BIL/SIL/niece are here. And they have done all the dinner cooking. Which I reallllly appreciate. And the kids are entertained by the beach/we aren't all cooped up in the cold.

So it's not a horrible vacation. Just not what should be happening.

My bestie and I go on a trip every year. Usually just a weekend. DH gets cranky if its an airplane trip. Well. This year it is going to be. Back to our favorite place. Hollywood Beach Fl.
RobinJS likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search