Milk ??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AtomicMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I know there a few that don't drink milk but alternatives.

I am trying to switch Rogan from a coconut beverage to a almond milk. So far its not working so good The coconut milk I have to go to a special store to get and it has bad parking, and it is $$$$, where almond mik you can even buy at walmart and cheaper..

March 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
I think Amy's kids drink Keifer (sp?) but I know nothing about it

my kids drink regular milk but neither one drinks very much of it

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
March 9th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Keifer like the milk and water keifer ? I am just waiting on some to grow

March 9th, 2013, 06:31 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
I honestly have no idea but I am sure she said he drinks it I am oh so helpful!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
March 9th, 2013, 08:15 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
hmmm... my kids are sooo into milk, it's not funny. We go through so much milk in this house. I should just get a cow.

But... my thoughts. Maybe you can just slowly switch it out? Like, start mixing 1/3 almond milk with 2/3 coconut milk for a couple days, then 1/2 and 1/2 than 2/3 with 1/3 and then you are fully on to the almond milk?

We started our kids off on goats milk when they were weaned and done with formula (at 1 year old) and we're getting ready to do the same with Kerris. We wean off the breast milk or formula (she does both now) and slowly integrate goat's milk until 1 year old, then for a month transition from goat's milk to cow's milk and obviously, there's no turning back fro there!

GL!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
March 10th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was gonna suggest what Gwynne suggested about mixing the two. There are different almond milk brands and some are better then others. Have you tried a couple or you would like to just stick with one type?

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
March 10th, 2013, 08:20 PM
He will drink the almond milk and is fine with the taste, but when you go to fill a cup he will tell you "no no .... my milk" . He know his milk is in the red box.

March 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Callie is right, my kids drink a lot (too much! ) Keifer, but it's a dairy beverage, so if he has milk issues, he may have trouble with it. If it's just a lactose issue, he may be alright with Keifer. It's very similar to yogurt, but with a different culture. High in probiotics and protien.

That said, what about being "sneaky" and saving an old bottle (carton?) of coconut milk and then filling it with almond milk? At least until he gets used to it?

My kids also love the vanilla and chocolate almond milk, which are both surprisingly low in sugar for how delicious they are! Maybe act like they are a "treat" for awhile and then slowly switch him to the non sweetened kind?
Countrymom4 likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Funny how kids recognize labels/boxes already, huh? I hope the transition goes smoothly. My kids have only had cow's milk. Nathan had some whole milk, but it always went bad before using it up, so with Lukas and Teresa we went straight to 2% milk.
March 12th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeToTheMax View Post
Callie is right, my kids drink a lot (too much! ) Keifer, but it's a dairy beverage, so if he has milk issues, he may have trouble with it. If it's just a lactose issue, he may be alright with Keifer. It's very similar to yogurt, but with a different culture. High in probiotics and protien.
My mother drinks that kind, and yes you can get a milk free kind but its not very good.
What we are getting is a culture you grow that has the same benifits but is a bubbly water that you can flavor with anything.

March 13th, 2013, 09:18 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Ooh, that's neat, Chrystal! Keep me posted on how you like it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search