hey guys

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 07:44 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey guys.

I feel like many of you catch up with me on FB or in the FB group and so I haven't posted a personal update on here in a while. I obviously stepped down from modding b/c I just wasn't spending much time on the computer and therefore on JM. Similarly I haven't been holding my end of the deal on hosting either, but I just keep hoping soon it'll get better and I'll be on more. I keep considering stepping down, and even though I don't want to since I've been hosting since we were a DDC... I don't want to prevent someone else from stepping in and doing the job I'm not right now, ya know?

Anyway I was out of town last week for the funeral for my best friend's daughter who was born sleeping. She's another JM mama so between my constant fundraiser posts on FB and the word getting around here on JM I imagine you all know about that. She was absolutely perfect and it was the hardest funeral and burial I've ever attended. The eulogies were wonderful and heartwrenching. You can read them here if you'd like:

https://www.facebook.com/events/305877339538850/
(in the event details -- though there are lots of comments with pictures and posts etc from Lauren and Clint in the comment section)

Lily started preschool last week. She was SO excited that I feel guilty for not having started her sooner. I walked her down into her classroom and she was the first one there. I hung around awkardly and then asked her if I should leave or wait until her friends come. She's all "go mommy! I'm fine!" ... and when I picked her up a few hours later she was furious. All "no no no no! you go away! I stay with my friends!" haha. Needless to say it was an easy adjustment. This morning she insisted I just drop her off in the carpool lane rather than walking her in. The teachers said she's a preschool pro.

Emmett is a little turd and just like his big sister apparently can't wait to get away from me. So much so he took his first freaking steps yesterday. I still don't believe it. He's been pulling up on things and standing for quite a while now, and has been standing and letting go of what he was holding onto for several weeks... and then yesterday he just let go of the chair he had pulled up on and took 3 steps straight into the middle of the room before falling down. Its insane.

anddddd I've totally lost my mind and I want a goldendoodle. You know, an insanely expensive mutt? haha. I've been scouring shelters and craigslist hoping to adopt a medium sized non-shedding dog... and now I've just gotten stuck on goldendoodles and really want one. Some of them are two thounsand dollars! yeah right! Ben would kill me, lol. But I did match up with a lady on CL for a dog and I'm supposed to meet him tomorrow... hopefully that works out before I go totally crazy with this goldendoodle business.

here's the CL posting picture of the dog I'm meeting tomorrow.

The people said they rescued him from someone abusive but live in an apartment with a no pet rule so he's been in hiding... he gets along with their family's dogs and children and loves to run. He's not fixed yet so that'll be first thing to do. I'm just hoping he has an easy going disposition. Our dog Rilo is still not doing well since our Piper died last September. He HATES being alone and he hates storms and yesterday it was raining and when I came home he was in the backyard soaking wet trying to escape. Bless his heart.

Anywayyyyy that's enough about me. I just wanted to check in and apologize for being so absent lately.

March 12th, 2013, 08:07 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the update!

I can't believe Emmett is taking steps already! Surely that's not possible.

And Lauren has been on my mind every day. I can't even imagine what they are going through, but I am so heartbroken for them.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 12th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You have your hands full but you are still an amazing host

My godsons have had 2 of those. The first one was loud and all over the place and the second one you can barely tell he is around. Good luck and I am sure he will be a perfect addition to the family.

I think Emmett and Lily are making room for 1 more

March 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i keep up with you on FB and i still enjoyed reading your update.

are you loving the one on one time with Emmett you get, while Lily is at school? How many days a week does she go?

i cannot believe he's taking his first steps! that is so crazy. he's still so young!
March 12th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want a Goldendoodle too! Or a cockapoo. When i finally commit to getting a dog it will be one of those two. Let us know how the meeting goes!

Major
March 12th, 2013, 08:48 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love how independent Lily is! That's so crazy about Emmett walking already....some sort of record!

I've always had two dogs, and we only lasted a couple of months when our dog Layne died, until when we got another one. Our dog Ash was just so lonely.

He's a cute dog, but a very funny looking goldendoodle, he reminds me of a corgi/terrier with his long body! I know they all look so different, but people around here usually get the standard poodle mix ones, so they're quite large.

March 12th, 2013, 08:53 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
That dog is so cute! I hope he works out for you guys!

That's crazy he's taking his first steps, what a big boy!!
March 12th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Whoops I should have clarified that the dog pictured is a free dog from Craigslist and NOT a goldendoodle lol. Doodles seem awesome but are so expensive. I'm not wild about buying a dog when there are so many who need homes anyway.

And the CL dog I am meeting tomorrow reminds me a lot of my mom's mix who is some kind of terrier blend.

March 12th, 2013, 10:26 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got a Cockapoo for the boys for Christmas... and she is a TOTAL pain in the ***....

I seen on FB that Em is walking ... HOW CRAZY : ) He is like super baby!!!!

And Lilly seems so grown up in that pic....
March 12th, 2013, 11:17 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I cannot believe Em is walking! Owen's not even sitting yet!! He must look so adorable being so small and cruising around

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't say he's walking... He just took a few steps lol. I will try to get some video of him though. It is weird seeing a baby so young moving like this!

March 12th, 2013, 12:54 PM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoconut View Post
Whoops I should have clarified that the dog pictured is a free dog from Craigslist and NOT a goldendoodle lol. Doodles seem awesome but are so expensive. I'm not wild about buying a dog when there are so many who need homes anyway.

And the CL dog I am meeting tomorrow reminds me a lot of my mom's mix who is some kind of terrier blend.
Lol, that makes more sense!
Good luck with the dog!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search