Other names

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What were some of the other names you considered for your children? (Any of them)

Post a picture of them now and if you can picture them being called that name.

March 28th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had actually decided on "Cadence" as Olivia's name.

No. Not a Cadence.
March 28th, 2013, 08:47 AM
megpie
I listed all the kids' names we were thinking about in their baby books (so I pulled them out for this post, lol)

For Ava we considered: Sophie, Grace, Lily, and Paige. It came down to Ava or Sophia. I think Ava could be a Sophie, too.

For Lucas we considered: Jax, Tyler, Oliver, Connor, Greyson, and Henry. I pushed for Oliver soooo badly. That was my #1 favorite name and DH hated it. I wanted it up to the day of delivery. I didn't think I would have a blonde child and Olivers (in my head) are always dark-headed, lol, so looking at Lucas, I don't think Oliver fits him.

For Jude we considered: Noah, Quinn, Miles, Ian. DH really pushed for Colby and Evan. Our top two came down to Jude and Miles. We settled on Miles Quinn or Miles Harrison a couple weeks before he was born. Two weeks before he was born, I "felt" Miles wasn't "it." Looking at Jude, I do think he could pull off the name, Miles......I also think he could pull of the name, Oliver. Bwahahaha.
March 28th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Major was Major since before he was conceived. Although it took a couple of months to convince me, I never had another boy name picked out. If we have another child who ends up being a boy, choosing a name will be very hard for us.

Major
March 28th, 2013, 10:14 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Oh gosh...

Avery
Aidyn
Bailey
Berkeley
Briar
Journey
Karsyn
Kenzie
Maleah
Ryann
Rylie

That's all I can remember. I think Audrey, some form of Berkeley and some form of Aidyn were our top 3. We couldn't decide how to spell the last 2 and she felt like an Audrey. I still love her name but there are some days I wish my last name wasn't so difficult so I could have given her a more unique first name like Journey...which I still love.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
March 28th, 2013, 05:14 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grace was going to be Claire Marie until someone "stole" that name. Under other circumstances I might have used it anyway, but there was no way in heck I wanted to associate that girl with my child in any way. But DH and I were just talking about this earlier today, and we can't imagine her as a Claire now.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

March 28th, 2013, 05:52 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Connor was going to be Nathan. DH wanted that name sooooo bad. My mom spoiled it when she said she hated that name and made me cry (pregnant hormones). I never could think if him being Nathan again. Then we shortly considered Ethan, but then settled on Connor. I can't imagine him as anything else.

Owen was either going to be Owen or Evan from the beginning. I really wanted Owen so I'm glad that's what DH chose.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 28th, 2013, 07:07 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm. I remember wanting to name Nathan 'Colin' sooooooo bad. DH was totally against it. I can't really picture him a Colin but mAybe it's because he's been Nathan for 8 years
DH wanted to name him Seamus.

I wanted to name Brady 'Zachary'. And again. DH said no. I can kinda see him a Zach. But due to name associations I am really glad DH said no

DH wanted to name him Chauncey.

And Chase was up against Parker & Kellen. I can picture him a Kellen. Not so much a Parker. We let the kids pick his name. I think they did good.
March 28th, 2013, 07:57 PM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
The only other girl name I liked when I was pregnant with Madison was Kennedy and we liked Dixie but neither ended in N so we knew they wouldn't work for us. I don't think the other names fit her at all.
Morgan was always Morgan.
And Kaeden was between Kaeden and Grayson. I can't imagine him as a Grayson. He just looks like a Kaeden to me.

March 28th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I wanted to name Simon Charles but I cant imagine it now because that's my nephew's name.
Samuel was almost Albert (don't like) and i wanted Gabriel but couldnt for moral reasons.
March 29th, 2013, 12:33 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lily was lily from before we were pregnant. I nevwr had a girl name in mind.

Other names I liked with Em are Adam, Lucas, Dominic. I think he could be an Adam or Lucas still. Rami was his middle name until Ben said Emmett rami out loud and I though he said "mitt Romney" and from then on... Forget it. We hasn't decided on his middle name until we were discharging and I just cried and Ben decided on it lol

March 29th, 2013, 12:43 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
We considered naming Owen "Jacob" but it was way too popular. I love his name now though, I definitely see him as more of an Owen then a Jacob.

DH picked Peyton for Rylan & that was his name for a couple weeks of my pregnancy but my mom hated it & that made me want to change it..I'm glad I did, I know a few peytons now & they're all girls.

Addison was always my top girl name..We considered "Aislynn" too but I knew I wanted to name her Addison & I'm happy with my choice.

We have a few names picked out for baby right now. We loved Jameson but DH slipped & the name got out & NO ONE likes it He's being stubborn now & won't decide on a name..I'm going to strangle him soon, I just want to pick something!
March 29th, 2013, 05:32 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^ I think Jameson is cute!!

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search