How terrible are the "terrible twos" at your house?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
How's your toddler doing? Tantrums galore? Calm and mellow? Things winding down or are they getting worse?

March 29th, 2013, 12:46 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
My child can give the Energizer bunny a run on his money. He is going and going. He likes to push right up to the line on things.

Leslie

March 29th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pretty bad over here. Milan is incredibly bright and it does not work in our favor. I find giving him 2 choices to everything work better then just telling him what to do. Like - wanna go to bed with mom or day, pee-pee on a big potty or small, red or blue underwear. Or tell him, take this toy to the car if you get dressed. We throws a tantrum over the simplest things, mostly when he looses control. I have worked with several 2 year olds and have so far found mine to be the most difficult one. And I swear my 9 month old is starting his terrible twos already after seeing and hearing Milan.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
March 30th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mackenzie likes to cry....when she wants something and I say no or if she fights with her sister....she will curl her bottom lip and then start to cry

March 30th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I think we are on the downhill slide !! But this could be because of the little nicer weather and Rogan getting to go outside more. Usually he asks for toys and has started telling me he is mad(as he stomps his foot). I am liking this better than the screaming !

March 30th, 2013, 11:29 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
our attitude it getting bigger and we whine more but fingers crossed that the full out fits are getting less

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
March 30th, 2013, 01:49 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Betsy entered her terrible twos at 1 1/2, so after a year of tantrums and all the other "fun" stuff, I think (fingers crossed!) she's finally coming out of it (but she was like that for a full year, so we're ready for a break!). I think the biggest thing for her was not being able to fully communicate her thoughts, which she can now do. She's in a pretty good daily routine, she understands the discipline routine we have, and when given choices, she handles things pretty well. It was a very long time coming, but I think we're definitely on an upswing now!
AtomicMama likes this.
March 30th, 2013, 05:48 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I don't think they've been that bad at all. Maybe we're going to get hit with the terrible 3's

March 31st, 2013, 07:07 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Not sure if it's terrible 2's or just natural regression because of the new baby. Natalie is throwing herself down crying all the time lately. She is also having accidents with pee mostly which she wasn't doing until recently. She has tried to bite and has successfully bitten Owen twice now when mad, also new. She has paragraph sentences but often screams out of frustration vs talking or telling us when mad. So yeah, it's bad over here!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

April 1st, 2013, 06:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Teresa doesn't have too many tantrums, but she can be naughty at times. She likes to hide and honestly, she's too good at it for this age and it scares to heck out of us at times when we can't find her (this is at home only). She likes to push her limits about coming to us when we ask her to. But I'll take all those things over tantrums!
April 8th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
very very bad over here. My mom seems to think it's a "boy" thing since my daughter wasn't like that at this age. Michael throws tantrum over every little thing. I honestly dont' know how to deal with it. For example, today we were about to go to the store, and he saw a big broom in our backyard, and he wanted to take it with us. I told him no, and he cried for 40 min , the whole way to the store, then in the store while repeating "want broom"he entire time. I usually try to distract him but it doesn't always work. I just hope that in about 6 months it will pass.

April 8th, 2013, 10:15 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
Ella is so stubborn and can be really frustrating. It is worse when she is with Matthew. Matthew constantly argues with us about stuff and she is picking up on it but I do not know how to stop him from arguing. It's kind of driving me crazy and even more so since Ella copies whatever he does.
April 15th, 2013, 08:42 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Chase has hit more of the terrible 3's than the 2's. He talks back and has attitude more than just a normal tantrum. He doesn't have any issues communicating his frustrations. I hope he gets through this phase quickly but considering his big sister still throws some fits, I'm sure it will be a while.

April 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
heather your kids are adorable!!

Grace is just entering into a phase where she screams. Loudly. Trying hard to nip it in the bud now...but she is proving that to be difficult.

Austin was more of a terrible 3/4 year old..never gave me much trouble before then.
April 17th, 2013, 05:55 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Jackson I think was born with the terrible 2's so he is nothing new...

Waiting for the Horrendous 3's so see if he makes it to 4 :-)

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

April 17th, 2013, 09:06 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Max WHINES. A lot. He also destroys everything, but I'm not sure that is a terrible twos issue. He will cry and throw a temper tantrum that way occasionally, but usually it's just this nonstop whining about everything when he's in a bad mood.

April 24th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Since my older two never had a tantrum ever, I was due. I have Veruca Salt on my hands over there. The other day she woke up and wanted to go to Disneyworld. NOW. I just ignore her and tell her when she is done crying I'll talk to her. She'll howl for 30 minutes and then come over to hang out with me. It's grating on my nerves. The others in my house don't know how to handle it other than yelling at her and threatening her.
May 6th, 2013, 09:11 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
They aren't TOO too terrible, but he is definitely wanting more independence and is showing an obstinate side. Fortunately for us he is a very good listener and he is a huge people pleaser, so usually I just have to use a stern voice and a look and he snaps back into shape with a pout.

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
May 10th, 2013, 06:43 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
Have you seen the blog with the pictures of the kid screaming cause the sky was blue?

That's my kid
Memi likes this.

May 10th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of whining happening over here. I have to calm him down pretty often and ask him to use his "big boy voice". My child is just as stubborn and independent as I am which is where almost all of his tantrums stem from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumii View Post
I find giving him 2 choices to everything work better then just telling him what to do. Like - wanna go to bed with mom or day, pee-pee on a big potty or small, red or blue underwear. Or tell him, take this toy to the car if you get dressed. We throws a tantrum over the simplest things, mostly when he looses control.
I have found giving two choices is the best way to avoid tantrums for Gabriel as well. However, both choices give me the end result that I'm looking for from him. For example if he's pitching a fit about not wanting to potty when I know he needs to I tell him "You have 2 choices: would you like to go potty alone or would you like for Mommy to help you?" and then he'll usually choose to do it alone. It's as if when he feels he's choosing to do something rather than being told to do it he's okay with it. Whatever works!

Last edited by Memi; May 10th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search