What is your Easter bunny tradition?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaiSpice

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I realized a few days ago that I have no idea what the story of the Easter bunny is, how he gets in the house, what you leave for him, etc. Growing up, the Easter bunny just came in the night and hid our colored eggs and left baskets. There was nothing more to it. But I know some people leave carrots, and leave baskets out FOR the bunny, etc. I never did any of that and I honestly didn't know what to tell Major about why or how the Easter bunny comes. It's not a big deal like Christmas so there wasn't much lead up to it, thankfully.

So what is YOUR family's Easter Bunny traditions? What is the "story" of the Easter bunny that you tell your kid(s)?

Major
March 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM
megpie
I don't have a consistent memory of the Easter Bunny growing up and he wasn't a big deal like Santa....so I kinda feel that same way toward my kids, I guess. I don't get them all pumped up for the Easter bunny, but he still comes and all that jazz. We don't treat it like santa---so no food being left out and no baskets being left out the night before. I didn't even know ppl did that. I guess we just adjust each year depending on what we're doing. My kids won't wake up to filled baskets in the morning....we ususally do them late afternoon after all our guests for lunch have left.

Tonight is the first time ever DH and I are going to go in the backyard when the kids are asleep and hide the eggs...so the kids will wake up to seeing eggs outside...but we'll do the egg hunt when their cousins come over in the afternoon.

Some of my friends on FB have already posted pix of their kids baskets and I'm kinda shocked at the amounts of MASSIVE candy/chocolate kids are getting. My friend with two kids are getting a ton of Candbury eggs, three HUGE chocolate eggs, chocolate bunny, chocolate duck, one of those huge rainbow lollipops, and tons of M&Ms, mini choc eggs, etc. (and that's in EACH kids basket---100% chocolate/sweets). My kids are each getting one small chocolate bunny. And then the filled eggs for the hunt are only 10% filled with chocolate.

I do enjoy hearing/seeing how ppl do their holiday traditions.Easter was just not a huge deal growing up, so I've had to create those traditions for my kids over the years.

My biggest memory of Easter was going downtown each year to my Grandma's house and she ALWAYS made a 3-D cake of a LAMB!!! Hehehe, I looooved it and that was always the #1 thing I looked forward to on Easter.
March 30th, 2013, 08:43 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
My kids have started questioning things about the Easter bunny like how he gets in the house & does he hop places or drive, etc..I'm like uhh..IDK lol I don't remember what my parents told me & I have no idea!

We don't leave things for the bunny, I just put their baskets out after they're asleep..nothing special.
March 30th, 2013, 09:08 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was a kid we always left a carrot out for the Easter bunny and a letter. In return the Easter Bunny left us a note and a treasure hunt style easter egg hunt. I kept the tradition with Daryn until she wasn't into it anymore but we haven't quite got into it with Eli. We just hide the eggs and don't really talk about the Easter Bunny except that he's told the Easter Bunny brings him treats.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

March 30th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok I'm glad I'm not alone. I didn't know about the carrots and baskets either until I saw Sam's pictures of FB My parents always gave us a LOT of candy growing up and that's one tradition I won't continue. I got a 6 pack of plastic eggs and half are filled with M&M's and half with jelly beans. I'm sure my mom will have gotten him a ridiculous amount of candy which I will probably take to work to feed my co-workers.

Major
March 30th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Growing up, our tradition was just - Easter morning we woke up to an Easter basket for each of us, it had some candy and a small gift of some sort in it. There was no story (other than the jesus/ resurection story behind Easter, which has nothing to do with thr eAster bunny, lol, so I didn't think that's what you were referring to).

Ill do the same for my kids.theyll wake up to a basket. Thats it. So far Trey is oblivious to the Easter bunny. I just filled up a basket with some candy and a couple toys. And I tried to hype him up about the easter bunny coming and leaving him a basket. he didn't seem all that excited.

We do an egg hunt with my brothers' kids, but the "easter bunny" doesn't hide them...I've actually never heard that before .
March 31st, 2013, 08:43 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, Easter wasn't a huge production for us growing up. It was more of a religious holiday. I mean, we did get Easter baskets (candy only) and had egg hunts, and Easter dinner with the grandparents after church. That's it. And I have no real plan about the whole Easter bunny thing.

I think in general, holidays have kind of gotten out of hand in recent years, and even more with the influence of social media/ internet. I mean, I'm all for being festive, and for making great memories, but I just can't go all out for every single holiday.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 1st, 2013, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't remember my mother telling me a story about the Easter Bunny. I was always excited because I would wake up to a basket of candy and a few toys. I don't even know what I would tell Dashaun. He's seen the movie Hop and love it so he knew about the Easter Bunny from that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search