Way back Wednesday

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 03:34 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you remember about the day you bought home your Jan 10 baby for the first time?

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 3rd, 2013, 06:09 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was drizzling and someone stole my jacket from my l&d room. It was a cute jacket I bought while pregnant so I never did get to wear it zipped up. It was cold leaving and dh installed the car seat wrong so I went back in the hospital and waited.

No one came to visit or dropped off meals and I was hungry so I sent Ben to McDonald's and I had a mc chicken and a small fry lol.

That's really all I remember from that day.

April 3rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We wanted to get home ASAP. So we left the hospital at 745pm on a Saturday night. It was FREEZING cold. And the l&d front desk gave me a card & was surprised I didn't want a wheelchair to take me to the car.

When we got home Nathan & Brady were sleeping. SIL was there. She held Chase a little then left. It was late. I slept in the nursery with Chase on the futon with me. He was having no part of sleeping solo in the crib. The nightlight in there was (it still is) red & made for a super cozy atmosphere.

It was the best homecoming of the three. Vey low key. My mother was not there. I was relaxed & not overtired.

In the morning, Brady came in the nursery whiles was bf-ing Chase then we all 5 snuggled in our bed. It was very nice
April 3rd, 2013, 08:11 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
It was actually a pretty nice day... Sun was shining, snow was melting a bit, we carried Mer out in his car seat to the truck, got him in, came home. We were surprised by a clean house... MIL cleaned the house, did the dishes, and laundry while we were at the hospital. So instead of cleaning, we took a nap with Merrick and that evening we went to MIL's to see Bryce and Robbie with Mer. Mer was only about 36 hours old when we went up to MIL's.
April 3rd, 2013, 09:03 PM
megpie
Super cold, super snowy---A&L were with my mom or MIL (can't remember which) for 3 days after we came home from the hospital and I LOVED having that time with Jude, just the 3 of us to adjust. Super nice.
April 4th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was already discharged, i was just waiting for Trey to be discharged from the NICU. So, we waited and waited all day...and FINALLY he was discharged at like, 7:30 that night.

My mom and dad were waiting on us at our house when we got home. My mom had ordered a pizza for us, because she knew we'd probably be hungry. She didnt make anything, because she wasnt sure if he would actually be discharged that night. She made something the next night, then my aunt the following night (tuna casserole - thats the only meal i remember. maybe because i dont love it), then my SIL the night after that.
April 4th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember having the WORST cabin fever being couped up in that hospital room. The Dr came to see me that morning and I begged him to discharge me a day early and he looked at my staples and told me he couldn't remove them yet so I would have to go to my OB in a couple days to have them removed. So he allowed me to get discharged and then it took until about 2pm I think before I actually got to leave. I remember being wheeled out and DH was carrying Major in the carseat and the nurse said hospital protocol was that he leave on my lap. DH had to go get the car and the hospital worker just kinda dumped me off in the lobby lol. I remember DH getting us rolled tacos from Filibertos cause I was so sick of hospital food. And then I remember him leaving that evening to go to Walmart to get things we hadn't thought to get. He came home with a wipe warmer cause he was upset that Major would cry at every diaper change with cold wipes I don't think I put Major down much at all that day, let alone the next 4 weeks I was home with him.

Major
April 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember it being super hot that day, unusually hour for Jan. Like it was in the 80's.
I remember feeling so great to be home and feeling really at peace that we were finally home and got to be a family.
I made us take a picture of Connor in his nursery and one if him in his bassinet.
That's pretty much all I remember.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 4th, 2013, 12:32 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember there was snow on the ground, and it was pretty cold. We were discharged in the evening, so it was dark on the drive home. I remember riding in the backseat with Grace, and being so excited to be going home. BUT...I was annoyed because this semi-friend of ours insisted on coming over AS SOON AS we got home, to bring us some food. I mean...it's a nice gesture, but I wanted at least a few minutes at least to sort of settle in, get our bearings, relish being home as a family for the first time...maybe shower/change clothes, etc. And I wouldn't have been SO irritated, except that this girl wasn't truly a friend...she was a major drama queen, and was just doing this to get attention. She was always overly flirty with DH, which didn't sit well with me. And this is the girl who got super mad/jealous because DH told her husband and another friend about me being pregnant, and she wasn't the first to know. So, yeah...that's what I remember!

I do also remember that somehow we ALL crashed on the couch that night, and ended up sleeping there all night (well, as much sleep as you can get with a newborn around). Why didn't we move to the bed? I have no idea...

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 4th, 2013, 04:20 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Dakota-we visited Rylan during the day and then picked up Dakota on our way home. Dh drove so slow and we stopped at Popeyes chicken for dinner. Once we got home we wanted Dakota to try everything out lol

With Rylan-she came home in style in an ambulance! We had respiratory therapists and nurses at our home and it was really annoying. As soon as I saw the ambulance pull up I was sooo happy she was finally home!! :-)

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
April 5th, 2013, 01:25 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I remember being a little stressed at one point because they gave me the OK to go home so I called DH to pick me up & they wouldn't let the boys back due to the swine flu outbreak & they were 2 & 4 yrs old so they obviously couldn't be in the waiting room alone so I had to wait until my mom got off work to take the boys so DH could come alone.

The rest of the day & night went totally fine, we went home & my mom & sister were there & the boys got to hold Addison & everyone kind of passed her around & just hung out.
April 6th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There was snow on the ground, and it was cold. Once we got home, my cat charged at me when he heard Kelen, and we spent a half hour in his room while hubby got Sammy into his carrier, and then took him to the animal shelter.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search