Sears & Walmart Portrait Studios

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2013, 08:27 AM
megpie
Ever had your kids' pictures taken at Sears or Walmart? As of next week they are closing all Sears and Walmart portrait studios.

I guess with so many people getting their own DSLR cameras, there are so many professional photographers out there now. I kid! I kid! lol
April 5th, 2013, 04:51 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man that sucks! I have a decent DSLR camera and I am the worst photographer ever. My kids are never going to know what they looked like as children. I rely on Sears and Walmart for occasional portraits. Well Walmart anyway. I find Sears too expensive. That's the other thing - I'm cheap. I'll never pay for a session with a real photographer.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

April 5th, 2013, 05:26 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've never taken Grace to a place like that...luckily daycare does pics occasionally. But crazy that they're closing. We definitely went to Sears portrait studios as kids.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 6th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We've gone to Sears a few times for pictures. I was on their mailing list, and they'd send me some great deals. I hadn't heard about Wal-Mart closing theirs as well. I guess we'll just have to go to either Olan Mills (which used to be in K-Mart), or Penney's.

April 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's about time! They both suck! Sears more than Walmart even!
I've tried both....paid an arm and a leg at Sears for horrible quality and service...complained enough to get a free session out of them, which wasn't any better than the first.

Walmart I used for J's 3 months pic...it was allright for what it cost...

There's just way too much competition out there for these studios to survive.
April 8th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
It's about time! They both suck! Sears more than Walmart even!
I've tried both....paid an arm and a leg at Sears for horrible quality and service...complained enough to get a free session out of them, which wasn't any better than the first.

Walmart I used for J's 3 months pic...it was allright for what it cost...

There's just way too much competition out there for these studios to survive.
There's absolutely no competition here. There's Superstore (Loblaws) and then there are independent photographers where you're looking at >$300 per session. I'm sure they're worth it but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money.
I've always had great success with Sears and I only get the package price which usually includes the session fee. It really depends which photographer you get. I usually talk them into selling their CD for $25 as well even though they ask for about $200 for it. Walmart DOES suck and so does Superstore. I'm sure none of them are as good as an independent photographer but like I said, I'm cheap!

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

April 9th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ive only taken trey to Sears once, when he was a newborn..and that was only because he missed his "newborn" photos in the hospital. I just wanted one generic...this is him as a newborn picture. And i ended up withg a bunch of different crappy poses of him...and it just wasnt worth the money.

Ever since then, i'd just relied on the daycare to take their seasonal portraits.
April 9th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish our daycare did professional school pictures. I may suggest it!
April 9th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Daryn's daycare always did. Eli started in preschool today so maybe we'll get his now. The only problem is, the school ones usually just do a headshot or from the chest up. I like to have a whole body picture done once a year.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

April 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
We've never been to Sears but have used Walmart once. I loved the pictures we got from there, we only spent like $100 and got a ton of prints!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search