Kellen's story

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 12:51 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
SO, Kellen is 2 1/2 right now and I can NOT find his birthstory, officially, so I'm posting what I have found here so I don't lose it again

This was posted from Sara, my sweet DDB:

Just heard from Gwynne, they squeezed her in and she's on her way to the hospital!!!! She estimates she'll be there by 1 (CST) and they'll get her waters broken. Her doctor thinks the baby will be here by 5 (CST). I'll keep you posted as I hear from her!

GWYNNE, I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Update: 1:45 PST**
Not a lot to report, but heard from Gwynne that she's at the hospital, on monitors, and waiting for her OB to arrive to break her water. I guess they canceled all the other inductions for the day but because her OB is pushy (!) they were able to get Gwynne in! Keep on sending those ELVs her way!

**Update #2, 2:55 pm**
Her membranes were stripped and her water was broken by her OB just after that last message. She was 2.5 cm dilated, 75% effaced at the time. No drugs for induction at this time. After about 20 minutes of monitoring, she was able to get up and move around. She's walking around now. It's been about an hour, and the nurses (and the monitors) tell her she's contracting but she isn't feeling them yet (the nurses all are jealous of her because she's not feeling them!) Continued ELVs for our wonderful DDC host!!!!!

**Update #3, 6:15 pm**
So it's taking a bit longer than her OB anticipated, but her contractions are coming stronger and more often. Last I spoke with her was about an hour ago, she was waiting on an epi (she hadn't had a big change in dilation, and an epi wasn't available for an hour or so because of the hospital's c-section schedule...) I imagine it won't be a whole lot longer...I'll keep you posted as I get updates! Keep sending all those ELVs her way!

**Update #4, 10 pm**
Gwynne is still in labor, doing great - 2 hours ago she was at 5 cm and she got her epi, then just now at 11 pm her time, she was at 7 cm and they started her on pitocin. They are hoping Kellen will arrive in the next hour or so. She's super tired because she didn't get a good night's sleep last night but is hanging in there like a total trooper...She was going to try to get a quick cat nap in when I last texted with her.

I'm heading to bed for the night, but am usually an insomniac around 3 am so if I get another update in the middle of the night I will post it, otherwise, I'll see you all in the morning! Keep sending hugs and ELVs to Gwynne!!!!!

**Update #5**
Kellen Scott was born in the wee hours of the morning, 12:54 am (CST), 8 lbs, 20 inches with a head of strawberry blond hair! Mama and baby are doing great! Pics to follow after her discharge on Sunday!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO GWYNNE AND HER BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!!

and this is what I posted to my Jan 08 PR:

I see Jac did me a GREAT favor and posted the thread from the Sept DDC ddb's updates and I am thankful for that!

Yep... Kellen was born at 12:54 a.m. on Saturday morning. It was a crazy couple days, being admitted, released, called back to come in and finally get things rolling Friday afternoon.

My bp was up, swelling still there, which is why we initiated this in the first place, but as soon as my OB broke my waters, my bp dove (not too bad, but like 111/40, when it was 144/90) but stabilized at the lower of normal end, so there was no danger. That was interesting...

Anyway, while Kensley was only a 6 hour labor, Kellen was 7.5 (counting from the time I felt my first contraction through delivery, not counting the 2.5 hours from breaking the waters to that first contraction felt), so still not too shabby, but not the 5 second labors all you others have been having We also turned off the epidural at the end, so I actually felt a bit more than I did with Kensley, and I thought it was the perfect balance of numbness and discomfort to know when to push and when he was crowning and all... It was awesome.

Here are some pics of my precious little guy... 8# and 20 inches...

Oh, and the important things: he nurses like a CHAMP and because of all his hard work, my milk came in today, just a bit over 2 days shy of his birth. He was getting VERY hungry, but is now happily milk-drunk-asleep

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search