Chore Chart

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Would you use one?

Or do you already have one?

Do you think they are effective?

What are the rewards?

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
April 23rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
megpie
I made a magnetic chore chart last year and it was a fail....I didn't reinforce enough, I guess?? Ugh.

A&L just do the basics---keep their rooms clean, bus the table after a meal, set the table for dinner, take out trash, bring in trashcans on trash day, etc. Jude semi-keeps his room clean and will pick up his toys when asked.

I wouldn't do a chore chart with Jude---but if I could find an effective one I would do it with A&L and inculde Jude with maybe 3-4 things???

I don't want to reward my kids for just doing normal things a family needs to do to pitch in and make the family operate----but I would reward for going beyond the norm, kwim?
April 23rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was thinking of starting one for Bella. It would only have a few things on it of course.

And yes that makes sense about rewarding for normal things we need to do every day.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
April 23rd, 2013, 01:44 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really have daily chores for Connor right now. He just picks up his toys when asked and puts his cup and plate in the sink.

I think a chore chart is good if you rotate jobs between kids because then you can keep track. But I don't know of I'll use one when the kids are older or not.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 23rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bought a magnetic melissa And doug chore chart....haven't opened it. Trey wouldn't get it yet.
April 23rd, 2013, 11:46 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel like Eli's too young. Right now he helps me unload the dishwasher - only the stuff that goes in the bottom cupboards and the flatware after I've taken out the sharp stuff. He also picks up a few toys and likes to run the sweeper vacuum in the kitchen but he loves to do all that stuff when I'm with him and doing a little picking up too or working in the kitchen. I probably won't attempt regular chores for a couple of years if I ever do. I'm not a very organized person and housework gets done whenever I can get to it and when I'm doing housework that means DH and the kids have to pitch in too. That's the house rule. Everyone does housework and we all do everything that we're capable of doing.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

April 24th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think she's still too young for an actual chart....She would likely want to play with it or wouldn't follow through..like it would be exciting in the beggining and it would loose its effect quickly.

We do ask her to clean up her toys/colors, pick up her plate and cup after she's done eating, putting her dirty clothes in the laundry basket....but those feel like part of a normal routine and it wouldn't really require a chart or a reward.

I think once kids are old enough to do more, like take out the trash, house cleaning, etc...a chore system might work better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search