Grocery shopping

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2013, 09:49 AM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly?

Do you take your children?

What is your favorite grocery store?

Is there one food that you buy every time?
What is it?

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
April 23rd, 2013, 10:10 AM
megpie
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly? weekly---during the week, never on the weekends

Do you take your children? Always Jude, sometimes both boys

What is your favorite grocery store? I don't always go to the same grocery store, but I stick with Price Chopper, Hy-Vee, Hen House

What is it? almonds, dried cranberries, milk, cereal, bread
April 23rd, 2013, 10:34 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Almost always on Sunday, but right now since I'm not working, it may be more likely during the week.

We almost always all go shopping together--at least, before Anna. Since she's been born, I've gone grocery shopping once, and I took Anna. Grace was at daycare. I don't know if I'm brave enough yet to take both kids. Maybe if DH was there too.

Not that it's my favorite by any means, but I usually shop at Wal-Mart...because it's close, and convenient. I love Whole Foods, but it's far away and expensive. The only other option that is close is Kroger, and they don't always have what I'm looking for. Our Wal-Mart has a better selection of gluten free stuff than Kroger.

I almost always buy milk, almonds, and Diet Cokes. I'm sure there's more...

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 23rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly? its usually bi-weekly, but i really should go every week. By the time i go shopping, we are down to NOTHING.

Do you take your children? yes. every time.

What is your favorite grocery store? My favorite & the closest is Publix...but its more expensive than Wal-mart, especially when it comes to things like diapers, paper goods, etc....so i usually just suffer through it, and go to wal-mart.

Is there one food that you buy every time? What is it? i always get the same stuff every time...and then some. A couple of things i make sure to always have in my fridge are almond milk, yogurt (for olivia) & apple Juice.

i am also embarrassed to admitt, but i buy these $1 instant rice/pasta packets by the truck load for my kids. They're Knorr Rice Sides or Pasta Sides...and take like 10 minutes all together on the stove top. So easy. I always throw like 5-10 of them in the cart - all different flavors (spanish is their favorite) - i have probably 20 in my pantry right now.
April 23rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We typically grocery shop weekly. The day if the week varies though depending on what's going on.

If I go, I always have at least one kid. Today I took both boys. If DH goes, he's usually alone.

I usually shop at Sprouts

We always get milk and bread.
We typically buy mostly the same stuff though, so three list looks pretty similar each time we go.

Meg, I have to add, I don't know ANY of the stores you listed

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 23rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly? Big shopping is once a week, but I also stop at the store for odds and ends like 2 times a week or so.

Do you take your children?Oh, helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no. Shopping is a little bit of alone time I get.

What is your favorite grocery store? Fry's (which is Kroger)

Is there one food that you buy every time? Yes
What is it? Apples, bananas, bread, milk, meat. When I do my big shopping trip each week, I normally buy the same stuff week to week.

Major
April 23rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly?I used to go every two weeks, but found we weren't eating some of the meals I had planned and wasting a ton of food. So now I go weekly. I like it much better.

Do you take your children?I really try not to take Bella, but sometimes I do.

What is your favorite grocery store?I shop mostly at the commissary, but I do like to go to Dillons also.

What is it?Milk, bananas and those chewy fiber one bars.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
April 23rd, 2013, 03:48 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to go once a week. That seems to work best. I like to go on Sundays but if I can't make it I will go Monday. I also hit Costco twice a month.

Chase if I go on Sunday. If it's during the week I have Chase & Julia.

Meijer. Kroger is too $$$ unless I have coupons matched to the ad.

Milk, bread, apples, bananas
April 23rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly? bi-weekly

Do you take your children? no

What is your favorite grocery store? Not that this will mean anything to most people but I prefer to shop at Superstore

What is it? milk

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

April 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly? Weekly

Do you take your children? Sometimes I take Addison, usually I try to go alone at least twice a month for a break, lol

What is your favorite grocery store? I used to shop at Wal-Mart but I recently got an awesome coupon for winco & went there & the prices are even cheaper then Wal-Mart..so I've gone there a few times since then.

What is it? Chicken, bananas, bread, milk
April 27th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly? - Weekly, usually

Do you take your children? - It's a family trip, unless our Sunday morning has been busy. Then I'll go by myself during his nap.

What is your favorite grocery store? Harris Teeter (which is tripling coupons 99c and under this week!), though we also hit Bi-Lo depending on the deals

Is there one food that you buy every time? Not really, since I prefer to buy milk at Sam's Club now. Hubby usually makes up the shopping list based on coupons.

April 28th, 2013, 08:52 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly? weekly, on Thursday

Do you take your children? Yes, all of them

What is your favorite grocery store? HEB

Is there one food that you buy every time? bottled water, bread, sandwich meat, cereal, instant oatmeal, granola bars, yogurt, milk, frozen waffles, chips, salsa.
What is it?

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 28th, 2013, 11:47 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
How often do you grocery shop...weekly, bi-weeky, monthly? I go weekly and DH will stop at least one other time for random stuff.

Do you take your children? I try not to. Now that they are all in school M-F I try to get it done during the day.

What is your favorite grocery store? Trader Joe's but I only go there for specific items (Mahi Mahi burgers etc.) and I go to Fry's for everything else. Oh, and we go to Costco twice a month for water, Monsters, Gatorade.

Is there one food that you buy every time? Yes
What is it? Milk, almond milk, apples, gogurt, bread, english muffins, cheerios, bananas, cheese, chicken, strawberries.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!

Last edited by peace.love.audrey; April 28th, 2013 at 11:50 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search