May Chat!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2013, 06:19 PM
megpie
now...or else I won't remember until mid-May!
April 28th, 2013, 06:35 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not ready for May. Just means I'm that much closer to having to go back to work.

The weather was so nice today. We went on a walk this evening.

Aaand I got a summons for jury duty for the month of June. Blah. I'm going to try to defer until at least July because Anna won't be enrolled in daycare until then and I won't have child care. We'll see

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiSpice View Post
Not ready for May. Just means I'm that much closer to having to go back to work.

The weather was so nice today. We went on a walk this evening.

Aaand I got a summons for jury duty for the month of June. Blah. I'm going to try to defer until at least July because Anna won't be enrolled in daycare until then and I won't have child care. We'll see
I know the feeling about counting down until you're back to work. It was so awful watching the calendar and counting down the days. Hugs

Also, do you know if in your state you can postpone jury duty while nursing? I know you can here because they can't guarantee breaks to pump and a private space which is required by federal law. So, you can just keep postponing until you are done, then you must serve. It's worth at least calling and asking.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 28th, 2013, 08:18 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to have to work my butt off at the gym tomorrow!!!!!!!! I just ate a ton of chocolate cookie dough this weekend! YUM

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
April 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM
I just noticed that Grace is 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days old...LOL.

I'm definitely going to inquire about the breastfeeding/jury duty thing. I would love to defer until we're done.

April 29th, 2013, 05:31 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been in such a work out slump since vacation. Ugh. I have no motivation or anything.
April 30th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I have no motivation either really. But I feel so horrible when I don't go to the gym or at least walk.
I keep trying to find a workout partner and that hasn't worked. It's annoying!

April 30th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I'm feeling unmotivated for my weight loss too. I lost another pound this week, but I feel like I've hit a plateau and can't get past it.

On other news, I have my first vendor fair for origami owl on Saturday. Super excited to earn my kiddos some money for college!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ugh. i keep seeing the scale move up....but im sooo unmotivated to lose weight. I am in such a slump that i'm just like, "meh...who cares. i'll just be fat forever."
May 2nd, 2013, 07:35 AM
mysticalgal28's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Karen I didn't know you were selling Oragami Owl!!!!!!! Their stuff is soo cute.... their hostess rewards seem real low though??? Like the party I went to the girl had over 1000 party and she got $60 in free stuff??????? What are your rewards like??? Like if you had a $1000 party how much would u make...... I wish I would of waited for a Chochlate one though
May 2nd, 2013, 11:15 AM
Nathan has pink eye and his eyes are so swollen. Poor kid.

DH is gone until Sunday
I will miss him but I sure like the alone time.
May 2nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Oh man...pink eye sucks.

I feel like I haven't done anything today. Well, other than BF.

I need a new show to watch on Netflix...

May 2nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Bella has been in such a funk lately. For the last week and halfish all she does is lay around. I'm not sure what is going on with her...I guess I need to take her to the doctor.

May 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
So yesterday was our anniversary and guess what we did....took the kids to chick fil a for dinner lol. Oh, the life of a mom.

Hoping we get to go out somewhere for us this weekend.
RobinJS and gina! like this.

May 3rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
karen -- first, happy anniversary, even at chick-fil-a. i like origami owl although i don't own any. i have seen it at a few craft shows.

way back when, you referred to a hotel in laguna (i think) that was really nice and had massages and jacuzzi's (i think). my DH's 60th is this month and i am interested in doing something special for him so he can relax. can you shoot me the name of this place?

~~terre~~
May 6th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Happy anniversary Karen!

May 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy anniversary, Karen!

We went to see Iron Man 3 yesterday. The MIL was supposed to watch Kelen for us, but she came down with a really bad migraine, so we just took him with us. Big mistake. After the 8th potty break (no more drinks for him at the movies), hubby just took him to the lobby for the last hour.

May 6th, 2013, 05:04 PM
^ That stinks! We went yesterday, too, but luckily we were able to leave Grace with the in laws. We did take the baby, but she did great...only woke up once to eat and then back to sleep.

May 6th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalgal28 View Post
Karen I didn't know you were selling Oragami Owl!!!!!!! Their stuff is soo cute.... their hostess rewards seem real low though??? Like the party I went to the girl had over 1000 party and she got $60 in free stuff??????? What are your rewards like??? Like if you had a $1000 party how much would u make...... I wish I would of waited for a Chochlate one though
They have a new hostess reward program that changes each month. You used to just get a minimum of 10% in rewards. You now get a bunch of credit and 50% off items and a hostess exclusive, plus free shipping. Everyone who had a party before is going to be mad they didn't wait for the new program. The rewards are now more than double! I will log on when I'm not on my phone and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL2lissy8 View Post
karen -- first, happy anniversary, even at chick-fil-a. i like origami owl although i don't own any. i have seen it at a few craft shows.

way back when, you referred to a hotel in laguna (i think) that was really nice and had massages and jacuzzi's (i think). my DH's 60th is this month and i am interested in doing something special for him so he can relax. can you shoot me the name of this place?
It's called Casa Laguna in Laguna Beach. A little far away from town if you're wanting to go out, but we were more interested in staying in. Great place! Hope you go.

Last edited by karenwalter; May 6th, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
May 7th, 2013, 06:52 AM
I'm super irritated with the kids baseball coach. Nathan & Brady are on the same team. It's the 7-8 year old league. The coach really doesn't seem to know what he is doing. And I know he's coached before. The coaches kid is on the team. And I have never seen a more bratty kid in my life. He refuses to play certain positions even though all the other kids have to rotate. He yells at his dad (the coaches pitch to the kids some of the time) for throwing bad pitches. He throws the equipment. He cries. He actually ran off during the game on Saturday. The coach isn't much better. He got so mad Saturday he threw his glove. Last night DH said he was letting his kid not play the positions he didn't want to?!?!?!?

We paid $300 for the league itself plus shoes, batting gloves, team fees. For what? To watch this kid throw a tantrum for 2 hours at each game?!?!?!?

I want to email the league commissioner but first I want DH to ask the coach if he could help. But DH is being difficult.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search