Clothes for YOU!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: I have a harder time finding:
bottoms/pants that fit right 6 54.55%
tops that fit right 5 45.45%
Neither, I'm perfect! :-P 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gina!
  • 1 Post By RobinJS

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
megpie
What is harder for you: find tops that fit right or finding bottoms/pants that fit right?
April 29th, 2013, 01:58 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tops because I need to be able to nurse in them and I don't want it tight around my stomach.

April 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pants.
April 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tops

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
April 29th, 2013, 05:09 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Usually pants. I have problems with the hip/waist ratio. But, I also currently have to think about the breastfeeding situation, too, so that can be tricky. I remember last time when I went back to work I tried to stock up on "pumping friendly" tops that could quickly & easily allow for pumping, but still look professional AND minimize all the extra weight/belly fat. That was it's own challenge.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

April 29th, 2013, 06:10 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pants

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 29th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess pants. My legs are disproportionately smaller than the rest of my body so it can be hard to find pants that are slim in the leg (which is why I like junior pants).

Major
April 29th, 2013, 06:42 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Um, both! Lol I'm tall so finding clothes that are long enough can be challenging..I like my shirts to be long & they also have to fit my boobs. Pants can be hard because usually the ones that fit in the waist are too short, plus I have big thighs! I usually just sick to certain brands that I know work well for my body type.
April 29th, 2013, 07:07 PM
megpie
Tops!!!! Argggggghhhhhhhh!
April 29th, 2013, 08:30 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tops. I'm on the taller side and I like my shirts longer so I have a really hard time.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

April 30th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Maxs Mumma's Avatar Veteran
Pants. I have a fat butt & thighs but a slighty smaller waist so I get a big gap at the top of them.

April 30th, 2013, 06:06 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinJS View Post
Tops. I'm on the taller side and I like my shirts longer so I have a really hard time.
I've had luck ordering from old navy online as they carry talls in pants & shirts.
RobinJS likes this.
May 1st, 2013, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ugh. both.

Before i had kids, i'd say just shirts. i HATE my arms. They are so fat...no matter what size i am. I fluctuated between a 5 & 7 in highschool and my arms were always too big for my body. They dont match. BUT theyve obviuosly gotten bigger as the rest of me has, so i have to find shirts that a) arent sleevless and b) arent too tight in the arms.

now that i have kids, i like a different style of jeans. Low rise are easy to find in my size and they fit fine...but...i dont LIKE the way they feel. I have a lower belly pooch after kids that is impossible to suck in. So when i wear low rise, my belly seriously hangs over the waist band. So i have to wear mid-rise jeans, to prevent that.... but i find that mid-rise are often too snug in the waist. But if i go up a size, they fit in the waist, and are baggy everywhere else.

I'm seriously mrs oddbody.
May 1st, 2013, 05:58 PM
RobinJS's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moontan View Post
ugh. both.

Before i had kids, i'd say just shirts. i HATE my arms. They are so fat...no matter what size i am. I fluctuated between a 5 & 7 in highschool and my arms were always too big for my body. They dont match. BUT theyve obviuosly gotten bigger as the rest of me has, so i have to find shirts that a) arent sleevless and b) arent too tight in the arms.

now that i have kids, i like a different style of jeans. Low rise are easy to find in my size and they fit fine...but...i dont LIKE the way they feel. I have a lower belly pooch after kids that is impossible to suck in. So when i wear low rise, my belly seriously hangs over the waist band. So i have to wear mid-rise jeans, to prevent that.... but i find that mid-rise are often too snug in the waist. But if i go up a size, they fit in the waist, and are baggy everywhere else.

I'm seriously mrs oddbody.
I have arms that are disproportionate to the rest of my body too. No sleeveless tops or non stretchy blouses for me.

As for the jeans, if I were you, I would either go for only stretchy jeans or buy the jeans that fit in the waist and have them tailored to fit everywhere else. It's expensive but totally worth it. I quite often alter my clothing after I buy it to make it fit properly.
*~* likes this.

Eli Gunnar 1.11.10

May 2nd, 2013, 05:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
on "what not to wear" they suggest that all the time! i've been thinking about it, but i'm so nervous to buy a pair of jeans, have then tailored...and then them really not fit afterward.

but i think im gonna do that with the next pair of jeans i buy. just bite the bullet and do it.
May 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Heaven's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Usually pants...but i find that now the options are MUCH better and nicer than a few years back...
May 6th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Pants. I'm so short, I tend to step on my pants cuffs if they're not rolled up. I have a few pair of "capris" that come to right above my ankles.

May 9th, 2013, 05:02 PM
MominNOVA's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely pants. They're always a bit too long, and I'm too lazy to take up the hems. So, I wear shoes with heels, but I'd rather wear flats.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search